Character transfer not working

(Locked)

2 Dwarf Priest
I'm trying to transfer my druid to Mal'Ganis... I wen't to the store and bought a prepaid Paypal card with 25 dollars worth on it (spent over 30 all together) ... I first went to the wow website and chose my payment option, then it took me to the paypal website and I made an account and it said it could pay it through there, I did all of it, put in the code, ect. Then it brought me back to the website and said something like "continue to payment" I clicked the button and it kept saying there was an error and the payment could not work... I wen't back to the character transfer service on the wow website and it said for my druid that theres a transfer pending. I also cannot log in to my druid it says it cannot be logged into while an update is in progress.. I'm afraid the paypal payment process made everything glitch out because why would it be pending when it said error a bunch of times and it has been 3 hours and my druid still hasn't transferred. Help please. - TO NOTE: The current balance on the paypal account says $0.00
Edited by Misfortune on 2/14/2013 8:00 PM PST
100 Orc Rogue
You know Blizzard pings the account in question with a $1.00 test charge to verify the account? Since you only had $25 dollars on it, I bet it came up as insufficient funds when you paid for the transfer (I'm assuming that what has happened.) You might wanna submit a ticket if it takes too long to process
2 Dwarf Priest
Not always... and I'm sorry but it reads $25.00 USD not 26 so this is absurd... I'm infuriated to say the least that I can't log into my druid, BUT- for some reason my druid now shows up on the server I wanted to transfer too, but i still cannot log into the server.. Also I think my name is taken on the server so there is a code next to his name I guess for flagged name change?
Support Forum Agent
02/15/2013 05:35 AMPosted by Misfortune
Not always... and I'm sorry but it reads $25.00 USD not 26 so this is absurd... I'm infuriated to say the least that I can't log into my druid, BUT- for some reason my druid now shows up on the server I wanted to transfer too, but i still cannot log into the server.. Also I think my name is taken on the server so there is a code next to his name I guess for flagged name change?

The 1.00 ping is common on nearly all transactions, it doesn't really go anywhere, but it does reduce the balance.

The numbers do signify the character has been flagged for a rename prompt when you next login.

If this doesn't clear up in oh, an hour or two (it may still be processing), I'd followup. I see you have a petition open already, that's good. If this does finish and lets you log in, you can just close that down if it hasn't been addressed.
90 Draenei Warrior
02/15/2013 05:35 AMPosted by Misfortune

Paypal itself does this when you're linking it to your bank account to make sure that it's an account with actual money in it.

The $1.00 it "pings" will be put back into your balance, but this will happen with most online transactions because they want to make sure there's money in the account or attached to the card so that they don't complete the transaction and then end up not getting their money.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I had the same damn problem with my Hunter, he was transferred to Emerald Dream and appeared in the login screen yet I couldn't access him. An admin told me he would be available this morning, and yet once again to my sheer surprise the admin was wrong. Can you believe it? So I'm trying to transfer it again and see if it works. If not I'm giving up on battle.net's character services.
Support Forum Agent
The problem with posting in older threads is that the issues experienced, while similar, are not usually the same. This can cause confusion.

We have a current thread on character service delays in the following sticky, we will update that as soon as we have additional information.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]