Boomkin: Good or Bad Choice 5.2

79 Orc Death Knight
Pve and pvp
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yes, and yes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes and yes. We will scale better with better gear.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
PvP boomy is actually seeing buffs...lol...if you want to play in high rated RBGs boom is hands down the best spec to play.(well, guardian is wanted by most top teams also so I guess it's a wash if you like guardian)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Boomkin scale SO well with crit that the higher gear levels will boost balance dps rather well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Strong both ways.

The changes are going to amount, in my opinion, to a small nerf for RBG PVP (10% off the top end of the NV/Incarnation/CE burst - the 9% buff matters less here as you are a dot cleave pressure bot), but small buff for arena PVP (9% increased surge damage matters more here, as does 8 second cloning).

PVE wise its a straight buff. The tiny loss from the flattening of NV to 10% every 90s, through reduced synergy with Incarnation, doesn't come nearly close to the 9% on eclipse spellcasts, even on cleave fights.

I imagine PVP wise we are still going to be super desirable RBG, and kinda mediocre arena (I know there are a few 2400 guys going around, but they are amazing players - dont expect us to suddenly become the warriors of 5.2 tho.

PVE wise the gap closes a little on affli, and we still bring better utility.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Balance druid is the most gear dependent class in the game. Unless you plan on playing with your balance to get completely geared, its not going to be worth your time. Personally I love my druid, so it goes either way.

The fact that balance is so gear dependent its a blessing and a curse. A curse because our beginning game content people feel so damn weak, however when end game content rolls around we are one of the top parsed classes in the game.

We scale overtime, and unless your planning on putting time into balance, your going to feel really lackluster, and 2 months from now your going to be making a thread, "Why do boomkins suck" ;-p. And no one likes that >_<
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
02/15/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Ghostcrawler
However, this has some implications on the Unerring Vision of Lei Shen trinket. We’re tentatively fine with the idea of you seeing that proc go off, and reapplying DoTs which crit for their whole duration, in most cases. There’s a couple cases where those periodic crits cause other effects, which end up being very powerful. For example, a Balance Druid can now apply Moonfire and Sunfire, and pretty much chain instant Starsurges for 15 sec, many of which are extending that Moonfire and Sunfire, probably out to 20-25 sec. That’s extremely strong, but we’re going to try leaving it alone for now.

STEP 1: Get Proc
STEP 2: Pop CD's
STEP 3: DoT everyone
STEP 4: Spam Starsurge
STEP 5: Profit
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

STEP 1: Get Proc
STEP 2: Pop CD's
STEP 3: DoT everyone
STEP 4: Spam Starsurge
STEP 5: Profit

Can't wait to see the PVP impact of this trinket : D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Its going to make Cunning look like a child's toy in RBGs...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/16/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Jaii

actually, you will need to have one of those "Spidey-Senses" moments for this 100% crit trinket to be good. Sure, you can just go ahead and DOT everything, but it's about getting Inc+NV+CA lined up to spread no less than 6 dots (3 GCDs) to become a godlike trinket, something that won't be easy to do in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/16/2013 08:57 PMPosted by Cyous

actually, you will need to have one of those "Spidey-Senses" moments for this 100% crit trinket to be good. Sure, you can just go ahead and DOT everything, but it's about getting Inc+NV+CA lined up to spread no less than 6 dots (3 GCDs) to become a godlike trinket, something that won't be easy to do in PvP.

There's addons for a reason, have it track. Make it do tons of things to let you know, voila. but still
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/16/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Treehugging
There's addons for a reason, have it track. Make it do tons of things to let you know, voila. but still

Not my point ~ 1.5sec (Inc GCD) wasted, 2.5sec left. wasted a GCD on cooldowns and not uber-DOTs
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Balance needs to be able to do burst, but also needs to be able to stay back more from melee classes to survive. A balance that has a melee in its face for more than four seconds is a dead balance.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We will be doing fine next patch in both pvp and pve. Kind of glad I got my boomkin geared and ready to go even though I started so late in the season.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Nah mate, even if you dont have CD's up its still going to be stupid strong, so long as you setup a gross huge power aura and get two dots off in the uptime.

Two dots streaming 100% crit ticks will be enough to let you pump surges into people's faces for the duration.

Edit - and to be honest, especially in RBGs, you are often just spreading dots anyway. I think the last time I looked at my cast breakdown in an RBG I had managed a grand total of 7 wraths+starfalls for a percent or something of my overall damage (I was looking to see what impact I can expect from the 9% buff). It just isn't something worth doing.

Pressure dotting, hopefully good beaming and a tiny bit of cyclone peeling / purge spamming is my entire RBG.
Edited by Jaii on 2/18/2013 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]