A thought for Resto Druids in 5.2 / Mushrooms

90 Night Elf Druid
I think we're lacking burst AOE, as most do, and I feel like the mushroom changes are a step in the right direction. I think they'll be clunky, not because of the 3 cds needed to cast them (I let LB drop often enough I know the pain of 3 wasted cds), but because I'll have to move my mouse way from my raid frames. And probably move my point of view a couple times to get them where I want. And then hope that they are placed where people will be in the future when I activate them.

I think they'd be much more useful if they could be cast on a character and follow that character around. To me, it would remove the clunkiness, or most of it, of casting them, help make sure they are used by at least one person in the raid when activated, and hopefully be a good AOE burst heal if the raid is bunched up like a lot of mechanics require.

The concept of a walking mushroom is far fetched but we've got other walking plants in the game, so it's not unprecedented.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
The issue with that idea ( it is a good one, don't get me wrong ), is that Mushrooms are very situational. For instance - Heroic Wind Lord - some people leave up two amber trappers, cc 1 trapper, 2 menders. Lets say you put the shrooms on a ranged or yourself and then boom, you get targeted with corrosive resin. Negates the purpose.

Although I like the idea, if they somehow can fix the clunky in mushrooms - it would be a viable idea.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I am torn. The new mushrooms will have a high skill cap. Druids need more of that...

But for those looking to get an easy buff/solution for burst, they will just be frustrated, as they are MORE clunky/difficult now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Honestly I've been saying this forever and I'll say it now. Druids need more utility. Sure burst will help, but mistweavers have burst AoE too so the classes will be too identical. What druids need is something that other healers rarely bring or don't bring at all.

A good example of this would be granting druids an hp-increasing ability similar to the Ancestral Awakening buff that shamans provide. Or perhaps some sort of "overgrowth" passive that causes their overhealing to stack a % damage reduction on the target.

These ideas might be crappy but it's late and I don't care. So anyway, you get my point.
In my opinion, druids need utility. Not burst. Oh, and better cooldowns. Tranq just sucks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]