Priest Healing vs Others

90 Night Elf Druid
Been playing alot of bgs (especially low level ones) lately as healers.
I have noticed that when I play as priest (esp Disc), I am pretty much able to spam Flash Heal and never run out of mana.

Yet when I play my holy pally, spamming flash of light = oom very quickly.
Similarly my resto druid quickly ooms on rejuvenations.

Why is this?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's mostly a case of low level healers only have a couple of options.

You won't OOM if you use your only heal option - it would mean low level healers couldn't heal.

Pallies can use shock and holy power for WoG/EF early on for additional heals, so flash is a minor part of their toolkit.

Disc pretty much has penance and flash.

Wait til they grow up - it definitely changes. Flash heal will OOM you as disc in about 30 seconds at top level (ok, maybe a minute if you get lucky), even in decent gear.

My pally is overall more mana efficient than my priest. Her IC regen is higher with less spirit.

TLDR? They plan on you not staying at lower levels so it's not balanced around 'em.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
These questions depend on the levels of your healers. At 90 disc can't spam FH and not oom, but at lower levels disc is godmode in bg's.

What level is the hpally?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]