Can I just have this? Jesus.

Im not complaining about how all my health died in his shockwave.

Im definately not complaining about how if I wanted to play my rogue, I may as well play half the other classes in the game. Because when MoP released, they couldnt think of any new abilities, so they gave them MINE.

Im not complaining about my abilities not killing people fast enough, or not being able to survive ANYONE ELSES abilities.

ALL I want. Is.

That when i am COMPLETELY OBLITERATED by swiftys brother, carl, that my vanish ability doesnt IMMEDIATELY go on cooldown upon death.

Because the only thing more frustrating than dying in ANOTHER shockwave stun, is dying in a shockwave stun and vanish going on CD while im dead. If vanish was used, then I SHOULD BE ALIVE. Or worst case I vanish and then die from bleeds or something.

But to have vanish be used and me INSTANTLY die at the exact same time is annoying.
Any other rogues have this happen?
Reply Quote
I have vanished and died immediately afterward and then it was placed on CD, yes.

I think it is just the short stick of latency though.
Reply Quote
That happens even with things like Spirit Link Totem, Lay on Hands, or... really, any cooldown. You just have to do it sooner.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
My favorite is when you vanish and they continue attacking you while you're vanished, either them or their pets.
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Rogue
yeah i just put it up to lag latency i compained in cata was told we have better vanish now but i never saw it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm not sure how other players feel, but when Vanish fails to work properly, I start to wonder if it might be better if they fixed it to actually make us completely untargettable/invincible for the first 3 seconds (welcome to that being reduced slightly), but either make us unable to attack, or have our damage reduced like Divine Shield.

It's just so annoying. Rogues can't cheat death, not with Vanish, and not with Cheat Death! (Execute crits for more than your remaining health after all incoming damage is being reduced by 80%? LOL)
Reply Quote
48 Undead Rogue
02/20/2013 08:26 AMPosted by Aliira
it might be better if they fixed it to actually make us completely untargettable/invincible for the first 3 seconds

We saw a full second of invulnerability at one point. Current vanish is the best I've seen in my 5 years.

Vanish is stealth, stealth doesn't keep you alive. It's never been a get out of jail free card, nor should it be. If you key it, it goes on CD, doesn't matter if you got stunned and killed. Sorry.

: )
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
02/18/2013 11:32 PMPosted by Encroach
My favorite is when you vanish and they continue attacking you while you're vanished, either them or their pets.

then you obviously dont know how to write a macro.. typical rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/20/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Cadavette
it might be better if they fixed it to actually make us completely untargettable/invincible for the first 3 seconds

We saw a full second of invulnerability at one point. Current vanish is the best I've seen in my 5 years.

Vanish is stealth, stealth doesn't keep you alive. It's never been a get out of jail free card, nor should it be.

If you're saying Vanish ISNT a get out of jail free card, then you're going against EVERYTHING half the community says it is,

Even the people who hate rogues.

Nine times out of ten, the argument against a rogue getting any sort of defensive buff is BECAUSE "we have a get out of jail free card"

If you key it, it goes on CD, doesn't matter if you got stunned and killed. Sorry.

One cannot use vanish while stunned, and if one hit the ability, you CANT have been killed because you couldnt have been hit by anything other than damage over time abilities.

Either way, for anyone to come in here and say that stealth, and abilities that revolve around stealth are anything but typically bugged to holy hell, then I'd have to ask are you sure you're playing a rogue?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
02/20/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Cadavette

Vanish is stealth, stealth doesn't keep you alive. It's never been a get out of jail free card, nor should it be. If you key it, it goes on CD, doesn't matter if you got stunned and killed. Sorry.

I'm not seeing what you are seeing. I miss the vanish that made you immune to a spell in the air. This current version of vanish is better for escapes (minus a few bugs like demo lock's imps) but the old one felt more useful.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

If you key it, it goes on CD, doesn't matter if you got stunned and killed. Sorry.

One cannot use vanish while stunned, and if one hit the ability, you CANT have been killed because you couldnt have been hit by anything other than damage over time abilities.

Incorrect. AoE abilities will hit you.
AoE such as Shockwave and Shadowfury, which stun you, are included in that. Therefore you CAN be killed inside of Vanish even without having DoTs on you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/21/2013 04:13 AMPosted by Stunshine
If you're saying Vanish ISNT a get out of jail free card, then you're going against EVERYTHING half the community says it is,

I've been saying it for 5 years here in the forums. You're the first one to take issue with it. If it was a "get out of jail free" card, then one could do whatever one wished with impudence after hitting the key. I've NEVER seen this in my 130 days /played on this rogue, or on my others. It's use still requires skill, less skill back in BC when one's auto attack might bump you right out, or from an aoe, or a dot tick. No 3 second cushion.

02/21/2013 09:42 AMPosted by Natashya
I'm not seeing what you are seeing. I miss the vanish that made you immune to a spell in the air.

Most of us were never good enough to do it with any regularity. If you could, kudos. I'm much more happy with it as is now.

edit:
02/21/2013 03:54 AMPosted by Saifu
then you obviously dont know how to write a macro.. typical rogue.

/stopallattacksagainstyou

Yeah. I forgot how useful your posts were. I'm not sure how a macro helps. Please share, I'm only hoping I'm able to grasp it.
Edited by Jamalia on 2/21/2013 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
oh and flare pulls ya right outta subterfuge and cancels it... Exciting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]