How do Pandarens go to Pandaria?

87 Blood Elf Death Knight
I mean, do they have the same story line as the rest of their faction does? It wouldn't make sense to have a land full of Pandarens awe at a Pandaren because it's never seen one before. How does that work?
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
02/19/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Davidswag
I mean, do they have the same story line as the rest of their faction does? It wouldn't make sense to have a land full of Pandarens awe at a Pandaren because it's never seen one before. How does that work?

Well, it's stated that Wandering Isle pandaren do stand out among Pandaria pandaren, something about their voice or the way they dress.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
02/19/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Ximothy

Well, it's stated that Wandering Isle pandaren do stand out among Pandaria pandaren, something about their voice or the way they dress.

And apparently, every Pandaren in Pandaria can recognize them at a glance?
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
I haven't gotten to Pandaria with my Pandaren Monk, but I assume the quest dialogue is slightly different. The Wandering Isle Pandaren stand out amongst others, so the natives could be surprised to see one from such a legendary place, but it's not like they would be shocked they exist or have had no previous contact with them, like us.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Quest dialogue is no different if your a Pandaren or not.
And everyone you meet still seems amazed to see such a strange outsider, despite Wandering Isles culture looking EXACTLY the same as Pandaria.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
02/19/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Resileaf

Apparently, people knew Chen and Li Li weren't from Pandaria at first glance when they arrived.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
02/20/2013 01:26 AMPosted by Ximothy

Apparently, people knew Chen and Li Li weren't from Pandaria at first glance when they arrived.
I like to think it's a subtle jab at the playerbase who are all like "how do they tell, they all look the same" when it's a common you-can-tell-this-guy's-naive-or-racist trope when you refer to Asian people of any given ancestry like that.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
02/20/2013 02:47 AMPosted by Frosthawk
I like to think it's a subtle jab at the playerbase who are all like "how do they tell, they all look the same" when it's a common you-can-tell-this-guy's-naive-or-racist trope when you refer to Asian people of any given ancestry like that.

Yeah, I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Playable pandaren accents are different from Pandaria Pandaren.

Like how you can tell a Steamwheedle goblin from a Bilgewater goblin by simply listening to their voice, I think that there should be different Pandaren accents for the two nations of pandaren.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

Well, every dark elf in Morrowind knows that you're an outlander, even if you're a dark elf yourself.

The pandaren are probably the same way.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Yeah, Pandaren from the Wandering isle actually have balls.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I laughed when I did the quest in the Jade Forest on my pandaren where Yu'lon gives you a ride on her back and she says, "We haven't seen one of your kind in thousands of years."
Edited by Shamtul on 2/28/2013 4:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
What does the lorewalker say for horde pandaren when you do the quest where you learn about each other's heritage?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/28/2013 05:38 AMPosted by Lucinthian
What does the lorewalker say for horde pandaren when you do the quest where you learn about each other's heritage?

Ah, but you're no stranger to your past! A Pandaren from the Wandering Isle. I admit, I thought your homeland was just a legend. Pandaren from the Isle are far more adventurous than those on the mainland... it's in your blood!

~ http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Family_Tree
Reply Quote
Thank you kind sir
Reply Quote
75 Pandaren Monk
02/19/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Resileaf

Do we all look the same to you?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

\

Let me guess: Does every panda looks the same to you? You racist... ;)

edit: holy crud the guy above me did the joke... that's no fun...
Edited by Mashedorbake on 3/1/2013 12:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

Do we all look the same to you?

You have exactly one facial expression. What do you expect?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yes, they have the same story line and it makes sense because the denizens of Pandaria have not seen Wandering Isle Pandaren in a very long time. If I recall correctly, Liu Lang once got drunk and decided that Pandaria was too boring for him. So he jumped on a sea turtle and decided to travel the world... Which was believed to be only Pandaria at the time. When the mists fell over Pandaria, the denizens assumed that the rest of the world was destroyed by the Sundering. They let Liu Lang go, thinking he was crazy, but every once in a while he would come back with stories and his turtle, named Shen-zin Su, would get a bit bigger. And every time he returned, some of the adventurous denizens of Pandaria would join him. Eventually however, Liu Lang passed on, and without Liu Lang, Shen-zin Su did not know how to return to Pandaria. So Pandaria just assumed that the foolish beings that left Pandaria perished.

In other words, the denizens of Pandaria seeing Wandering Isle Pandaren is the equivalent of us humans meeting inter-galactic space humans who decided to travel space around 100 A.D..

As for how they can recognize each other, it's not hard. It's no different than having, say, two Americans and being able to tell that one is from Brooklyn and the other is from Texas based on dress, language, dialect etc.. Or having two Englishmen and being able to tell one is from Scotland and the other is from Wales.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/01/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Zakarii
Eventually however, Liu Lang passed on, and without Liu Lang, Shen-zin Su did not know how to return to Pandaria

It's less that Shen-zin Su didn't know how to return (because dragon turtles always remember how to get back to where they were born); it's that without Liu Lang, he didn't really have any reason to return. Pretty much, it's a pet being heartbroken that its master is gone and thus never goes back home because it's too sad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]