Spriest may as well be a healer

90 Orc Warrior
Disc sounds like they may be good next season, but holy cow I don't know why anyone wouldn't just go Shadow this season considering how long Spriests can keep people alive.

And yes... sigh @ 2s lol
http://www.twitch.tv/squirrelnuttv/c/1950106

FYI my healer is deaf, that's why there is no skype/communication of any kind
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Train the SP all game long while interrupting his VTs and see how long he'll last, also sorry but arena relies on a bit of communication to win some matches
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Ya I will agree that vs spriest/mage communication would be REALLLLY nice haha. You are right I should just train the SPriest in the future, no point botherin going Mage when the priest keeps him alive for 10 minutes. Only problem is, you let a Mage free-cast and my druid can go down pretty easy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
We can soul swap and flash heal. With good rng we can get a bunch of heals out in short order.
I didn't watch your video.. But if the spriest soul swapped and you didn't immediately turn and kill him, you just didn't play it right.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I've done a fair bit of arena with a shadow priest, and I can tell you two things for certain:

1) If you train them they'll have almost no damage output.

2) If they try to heal for more than 3 seconds they'll go oom and become useless.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I suppose I should add a TL-DR for those that don't feel like watching the video. Fought Jahmilli & Zaddo in 2s with my deaf RDruid. Almost killed Jahmilli a few times before giving up and riding the Spriest for the win.

Basically I was just amazed at how long a Spriest was able to keep a Mage up (just over 2.2 million healing done at the end). With that being said, there are much bigger concerns for 5.2 (Rogue/Monk/Mage/DK) especially since Spriest is already being nerfed.

EDIT: Side-note, Zaddo also did just over 2.85 million damage (compared to 2.39 million from Jahmilli) along with his 2.2 million healing.
Edited by Squirrelnut on 2/21/2013 3:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've seen spriests totally out heal completely decent hpallys in 2's ---- there is no L2 adapt! L2 Play! You're just Bad! It's just broken and unacceptable.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/21/2013 01:50 PMPosted by Shînobî
I've seen spriests totally out heal completely decent hpallys in 2's ---- there is no L2 adapt! L2 Play! You're just Bad! It's just broken and unacceptable.

Their healing is good if they have a team that lets them kite or reset giving them time fore renew and mending to put in work. PWS is a nice tool as well. If you just hammer into the priest they have a hard time keeping up VT which is their main source of mana and they're going to have to replacing hp using only the instant casts in shadow form.

It is very strong, especially in 2s but I'm not sure its broken.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Disc sounds like they may be good next season, but holy cow I don't know why anyone wouldn't just go Shadow this season considering how long Spriests can keep people alive.

And yes... sigh @ 2s lol
http://www.twitch.tv/squirrelnuttv/c/1950106

FYI my healer is deaf, that's why there is no skype/communication of any kind

I suppose I should add a TL-DR for those that don't feel like watching the video. Fought Jahmilli & Zaddo in 2s with my deaf RDruid. Almost killed Jahmilli a few times before giving up and riding the Spriest for the win.

Basically I was just amazed at how long a Spriest was able to keep a Mage up (just over 2.2 million healing done at the end). With that being said, there are much bigger concerns for 5.2 (Rogue/Monk/Mage/DK) especially since Spriest is already being nerfed.

The first half of the game, they played REALLY defensively and didn't put out much pressure on you guys either.

Then, the Priest got off a drink.

Then, you tore through their Mana. Then they used dispersion for mana. The priest got another round of mana cool downs later.
-

Against SPriest/X teams if you want to gimp the SPriest's mana, have your Druid Cyclone/Root the Shadowfiend and Cyclone Dispersion. Cycloning the priest keeps him from getting mana back from the ticks. Dispelling VT means they're losing a lot of mana on each cast.

Stopping the mana return cooldowns alone limits the game to probably 3 minutes at most.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

The first half of the game, they played REALLY defensively and didn't put out much pressure on you guys either.

Then, the Priest got off a drink.

Then, you tore through their Mana. Then they used dispersion for mana. The priest got another round of mana cool downs later.
-

Against SPriest/X teams if you want to gimp the SPriest's mana, have your Druid Cyclone/Root the Shadowfiend and Cyclone Dispersion. Cycloning the priest keeps him from getting mana back from the ticks. Dispelling VT means they're losing a lot of mana on each cast.

Stopping the mana return cooldowns alone limits the game to probably 3 minutes at most.

Interesting tips, I don't play alts so I have a severe lack of knowledge from a healer/caster perspective so those are good things to hear about.

If we were able to more effectively CC Shadowfiend and Cyclone Dispersion do you think it would ever be worthwhile to ride the Mage and OOM the SPriest or is that simply not worth it and generally a better idea to simply sit on the SPriest?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
There's no rocket science in 2s against a Spriest. Just kill him and interrupt every VT cast.

Also, you're a warrior, you have it extremely easy against them.
Edited by Cynbell on 2/21/2013 3:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Question: Wouldn't triple SPriest potentially be viable?

Fears would DR but it sure seems like the amount of dots, life-swaps, shields, silences and off-heals would be pretty crazy.
Edited by Squirrelnut on 2/21/2013 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Just sit the priest. Hes easier to tunnel than the mage and as long as your partner is aware of incoming sheeps he should be ok.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Sooo. Nerf mages?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/21/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Cricys
Sooo. Nerf mages?

Nerf Ele and call it a day
Reply Quote
you were facing talbadar, reckful and kollectiv, don't feel too bad about it lol.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Train the SP all game long while interrupting his VTs and see how long he'll last, also sorry but arena relies on a bit of communication to win some matches

http://oi49.tinypic.com/luzax.jpg
http://oi48.tinypic.com/20gcuag.jpg
http://oi47.tinypic.com/2dj4dxe.jpg

Maybe you are right arena do rely on communication in order to win matches at high mmr, but in my opinion, anything is possible really....as long as you have good syngery and decent situational awareness then once again anything is possible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I agree with the qq title of this thread.

I was thinking the same thing just hours ago when this shadow priest was keeping up the rogue he was with. Long matches against shadow priest double dps comps make me ... disappoint. If I'm a healer+dps team I expect to be able to outlast a double dps team. But the thing is, a lot of double dps teams have a spriest whose defensive's and heals are strong enough to allow them to swap out and play healer for a bit, and only when necessary. It's like having a healer only when necessary, otherwise damage all around.

Shadow priests are strong for sure. Switching after life swap is also not as straightforward as it would seem. I'm sure spriest teams setups pre-coordinate with their partners to make it so attempting to switch on a life swap would be a worse decision than sticking on your target. So, it's good to counter their pre-coordination with some pre-coordination of your own, JUST for lifeswap.

But if they outgear you ... well, outlasting the enemy team is probably not going to happen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Between my love for murloc sounds, lolmaleorc sounds and squirrels.. I'm glad I watched that video!

I would have thought you would ride the spriest, but letting either one of them freecast is scary! Was your druid able to get many clones? I only ask because didn't see too many.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]