Will fire outshine frost in 5.2? (PvP)

90 Goblin Mage
Nope it will not outshine frost and probably never will.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm taking blazing speed and ice barrier in 5.2. I'm not taking PoM because PoM pyro is going to be 25% reduced in damage. Honestly, fire doesn't need to be able to throw more pyros. Fire is going to be very strong. Frost isn't going to be much stronger... if at all.

One of the big advantages that frost had over fire was that frost could more easily take PoM and get PoM->RoF.
Now Fire can have PoM.... however, with RoF having a 2 second arming time, that's going to be a non-issue.

Also, it seems like players are doing a better job of avoiding ice orb, so I think that's going to be of reduced usefulness.

The only real weakness to fire is that that instant pyros can be dispelled.
Reply Quote
scorch baseline allows fire to take PoM.

PoM + scorch...nuff said.

both will b viable
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Fire will be a lot of fun in 5.2.

PoM + Pyro would be a waste of Talent I think. An instant-one shot pails in comparison to the mobility Blazing Speed has to offer, as they can utilize Dragon's Breath more effectively and close gaps even if they're snared.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Fire will be fun and viable.

Frost still has better control.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]