QUIVER!

Dear Blizzard,

PAAWWEASE bring back the quiver now that bows are on our back! :D it would look sooo good, or at least give hunters the option to show it like you do with our helm and cloak!

Thats all... :)
Reply Quote
+1 would make sense, could have some minor glyph that lets bows and crossbows (even from xmog) display a quiver.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I always found it odd that my hunter was pulling arrows from his spine.

Please make this a minor glyph.
Edited by Karob on 2/15/2013 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I found an NPC that has unique quiver on her back.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=64467#.

So, why not?
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
I miss pulling my bow out of my !@#$.

Anyone else?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
give us a minor glyph that transmogs our cloaks into quivers and we would be happy... well i would be anyway and a variety of styles and hang types would be nice as well
Edited by Mashonis on 2/16/2013 12:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Agreed
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
This isn't a bad idea. Just wish they added a quiver slot thou for the xmog not take up any glyph spots.
Reply Quote
27 Troll Hunter
or at least let us mog capes into quivers
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
It's been mentioned to be in the works. Concepts for each class.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/14176224/artcraft-concept-class-accessories-5-20-2014
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
They made a huge deal of this at the 2013 blizzcon when putting out WoD information. Its like they dropped it completely, blizz has better things to do Selfies and all.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
03/16/2015 07:24 AMPosted by Ibandit
They made a huge deal of this at the 2013 blizzcon when putting out WoD information. Its like they dropped it completely, blizz has better things to do Selfies and all.

actualy, in that blog post, they blatantly said it wasn't their top priority. at the time of their announcement, their graphics reparent had a lot on the plate. To list a few:
1) all the graphical work of designing all WoD zones, mobs, bosses, gear, and weapon models.
2) the character model revamp, updating classic and burning crusade models to modern polygon counts, adding facial expressions, improved skeletons that allow for more complex hand movements, and updating animations to incorporate this.

#1 is huge and part of every expac
#2 was gigantic and ate up a ton of development time (just like the cataclysm revamp ate up a lot of dev time).

Right now, the graphics department still has to design:
the remaining patches of out door quest zones
The remaining expansion raids to come
whatever new arenas/battle grounds blizz adds to the game
the armor for new raiding content (and making sure to fix any existing graphical bugs/clipping)
The new dungeons blizz has alluded to existing.

Then theres the blog topic, they aren't just doing quivers, they are making a vanity slot that has custom items for each class, like lib rams for paladins, sigils of skull and runes for DK's, poison vials and extra daggers for rogues, amo pouches/quvers for hunters.

These vanity items won't just be extra stuff on our character models, they will also have custom spell animations that pair up with certain ability procs/ability casts (akin to the Cmode gear from MoP).

They aren't going to release the vanity items until they can do so for all classes, and the vanity items (quivers included) are the low item on the totem pole atm for the graphics department.

They outright said in the blog that it wasn't going to come out for WoD release, because they aren't going to deliberately delay WoD content for the graphics department to make vanity items, they said it may come in a late WoD patch, or it may come with the next expansion.

They can't have raid bosses that are stick figures (as amusing as footage of early beta heroic ragnaros testing was when he had stick figure legs), they have to design world zones for us to quest in, and they have to design armor models. They aren't stupid enough to make vanity items have a higher priority.
Reply Quote
A quiver would be fine so long as it's optional. My firearm-toting Worgen has no need or want of a quiver.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
03/16/2015 08:57 AMPosted by Trethaway
A quiver would be fine so long as it's optional. My firearm-toting Worgen has no need or want of a quiver.

In the blog post a while back, blizzard showed amo pouches and quivers as hunter vanity items. The items were displayed as vanity, cosmetic, not as a dps item.

So with you gun, you'd go with a amo pouch.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
We had quivers, back when we had ammo. Why did they go away? I don't remember if they had a slot or not. But I have a screenshot of my hunter with one:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/skaty/4981883330/in/set-72157650774095478
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]