90 Pandaren Monk
Just post what the title says.

If I may be first...

*as BrM, rolls on agility item, wins it*

DPS: WTF TANK THATS A DPS ITEM
Me: Brewmasters use agility as their stat, not strength
DPS: LOL VOTEKICK THIS NOOB, NINJA'D MY ITEM, DOESNT KNOW HOW TO TANK

*rubs temples*

I had this one happen to me...three bosses into the dungeon. I'm so terrible that it took me that long to fail.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/15/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Meixie
I had this one happen to me...three bosses into the dungeon. I'm so terrible that it took me that long to fail.

I decided to make it hard on myself by only starting BrM at level 90. Gearing up, I ran into a lot of it.

The most memorable instance of this was on Vizier Jin'bak, after he dropped the neckpiece I needed. Druid raised a huge stink after I won the item, and apparently he had two guildies with him who were after the same piece of gear for him (they both need rolled on it, apparently). They tried to votekick me, but it failed, as one of the premade was a pretty cool guy and agreed with me. Two of them left, the guy who voted against the kick apologized and left as well. Twas a fun night.
Edited by Fistlobster on 2/15/2013 8:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Priest

I decided to make it hard on myself by only starting BrM at level 90. Gearing up, I ran into a lot of it.

The most memorable instance of this was on Vizier Jin'bak, after he dropped the neckpiece I needed. Druid raised a huge stink after I won the item, and apparently he had two guildies with him who were after the same piece of gear for him (they both need rolled on it, apparently). They tried to votekick me, but it failed, as one of the premade was a pretty cool guy and agreed with me. Two of them left, the guy who voted against the kick apologized and left as well. Twas a fun night.
If you -really- want to get them mad, get them to vote kick their own guildy. It's funny as hell when it works. :D I had some guys being complete <words that may get me forum banned here> to the tank in the group, who happened to be in a premade group (Tank was the fourth, not with them, I was the fifth) and they didn't realise that, if you're in a premade group, you need a 4/5, not 3/5 majority to vote kick. They thought the tank was undergeared, despite him doing fine and I was like "No, he's doing fine, leave him alone, he's just here to get geared" and kept trying to vote kick him, and I assume, me as well. I kept rejecting all the vote kicks, I assume the tank was rejecting any on me because I wasn't being kicked, then when it came to the last group, they left an ultimatum. Either the tank leaves, or they sit outside the boss's room and refuse to pull (I think one of them was the healer, or else I'd have been like "Sure, works for me" and pulled anyway).

So I threw up a vote kick on one of the pre-made-group-morons with the reason "crappy tank". It went through. The rage was legendary. The other two both dropped soon after and we finished the last boss without any problems.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Edited by Chellar on 2/15/2013 11:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
"Why is there another one of these threads?"
"use the search function, this question get asked all of the time"
"/drink"

[e] Oh, wait, I thought that said "things you get sick of hearing from tanks".
Edited by Guidance on 2/15/2013 10:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
On my 87 warrior, my addon was telling the grp different things i did such as skull banner, and the dps got mad and just stopped on the second to last boss. so me and the healer pulled the last one and locked em out. they didnt get exp and we loled.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Tonight I had a mage pulling trash. The trash that was hidden around corners and such.

Normally I don't mind picking up stuff if there are newbs in the group but this guy kept pulling.

So I did the you pull it you tank it move and went on. The healer yells at me, "do your &#&#ing job and tank you idiot"

/facepalm How do people like this exist in the world?

Edit: Oh yeah, hey also commented how I was stupid for not stacking dodge, as it's my best stat.
Edited by Verjeh on 2/15/2013 11:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
02/15/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Verjeh
Edit: Oh yeah, hey also commented how I was stupid for not stacking dodge, as it's my best stat.

Good god what
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
"Hold on I need mana"
Flash Heal 100%
Overheal 98%
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
- Why are you needing on that trinket? It has mastery?

- Why are you needing on a 2h weapon?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
02/15/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Verjeh

I have a theory that all dps secretly wants to tank - that's why they always know how to do it better than we do.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
"I need that for my off off off spec that I've never played or specced into but might one day want to try."
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
"Can you heal (or DPS) for this 1-tank fight?"

I hope to hear that less often in T15.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Priest
"What tank is best?"
Reply Quote
95 Pandaren Warrior
"I need mana"
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
"haha my pet can out threat you."
*when asked for the fourth time to turn off the damn growl*

I've had this said to me as a tank and watched a lot of tanks have this said to them. It makes me wish I could kill my own faction. A couple of hunters like that though I had fun shielding and pulling them into anything harmful I could find as I ran through it, the worse the better. After a few deaths they either left or turned off growl - go figure.

02/17/2013 12:02 AMPosted by Ðemolition
"I need mana"

When the rest of the group who isn't uber asked why they died I'll point right at you...

I've had a couple very geared tanks get themselves into problems and whether or not I save them boils down to whether they let me drink or just dragged me through oom. Can't heal when I got nothing left.
Edited by Calamai on 2/17/2013 12:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
"go go go"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/17/2013 01:32 AMPosted by Kickban
"go go go"

This is my queue to hit the rp walk button.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
02/17/2013 12:46 AMPosted by Calamai
When the rest of the group who isn't uber asked why they died I'll point right at you...

I'll link the flash heal being top heal, and losing to the tank in heals while "oom".

Oh, and I actually got asked this tonight

"Why don't you have 1 handers?"
Edited by Postonforums on 2/17/2013 3:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]