No difficult non-instanced content in game.

90 Worgen Warrior
02/17/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Tianjan
Maybe some group quest objectives -- but maybe not to the degree it was in, say, Wrath. Yegads, the stuff I didn't do. I've yet to complete Icecrown on any character.

Where they actually hard with a group? I quested in ICC until I was 80.
02/17/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Byniri
-Tougher questlines

Like the new class quests?

Cuz keep in mind the majority of quests have to be easily do able for pacing and for casual players.
-More elite mob packs

For the hard quests? Cuz if there just static or maybe walking around, that's not interesting.
-More elite areas

Again, what are they doing? Cuz if there only for groups, then it's actually just dungeons that aren't instanced.
-More world bosses

Oodanasta.
Reply Quote
I don't know, honestly. I had trouble getting groups together at that point, and being shy about randomly grouping with people, I didn't LFM for group quests very much. So I ended up missing out on a lot of them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
My beef with group quests is that if it really does require a group, then it's actually just dungeon content. And we already have plenty of that.

An "elite" quest where your asked to optionally try and cheese down a big guy would be better. And if you want to bring friends to kill him, well you can do that too.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
So is any of this desire for harder content based on anything? Or is it just difficulty for the sake of difficulty?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/17/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Tianjan
I don't know, honestly. I had trouble getting groups together at that point, and being shy about randomly grouping with people, I didn't LFM for group quests very much. So I ended up missing out on a lot of them.

One of the big issues with the ICC quests is many of them were phased depending on where you were at on the quest line. So you couldn't just ask for help from guildies and friends, they had to be at the exact same point you were at.

Phasing also killed questing with friends and guildies in cata. MoP has done a much better job.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
02/17/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Fairadey

One of the big issues with the ICC quests is many of them were phased depending on where you were at on the quest line. So you couldn't just ask for help from guildies and friends, they had to be at the exact same point you were at.

Phasing also killed questing with friends and guildies in cata. MoP has done a much better job.

Yeah agreed about phasing. It can cause a lot of headaches with grouping. MoP still has a lot of issues with it though, imho. I am not sure they are "bugs" in the traditional sense, it's just that there are a lot of phased areas.. and phased areas are anathema to grouping.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Also, none of that bullcrap where a single player quest chain suddenly turns into a "group" quest.

It was always a PitA to try and find someone on the same step as you where.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly, they should bring back optional quests in quest lines. I don't know how many of you remember this, but...

I remember questing in silithus. the place was creepy, bugs everywhere. Going down into the hives and having swarms come after you when you pulled certain things. And none of those were necessary.

The BEST of them though, was this one quest, where you went through a chain that ended with you freeing an anubisath guardian looking guy, sadly i don't remember his name, but he was a raid boss in that content, and near the end of the chain. I only recall dying once or twice questing out there from normal mobs.

But that one had me stumped until I called on some guildies to help me defeat this world destroying evil that I had accidentally unleashed.

I remember a giant elite scorpion for another quest that i had to zone chat to find a group for.

I remember a quest in netherstorm that ended with an Eredar that I called in a raid group that was on their way to TK and they came and said: hit it and we'll get it.

Now I do quests from all levels and the only chance to die is in instance groups, or bad pulls while questing. I did die about 4 times on the first quests in MoP because i accidentally got like 6 dudes at a time a few times.

It IS sad that those quality of quests don't exist anymore. I agree, for the casual, they should have enough quests to level cap. But there should be more quests out there after so far into a chain, where there should be something optional. Like the current legendary chain, and the dwarf out in the alliance place in Krasarang. That was so cool, he can KILL a group and a raid. Make us some difficult content that isn't necessary, that has a good chance to kill people, won't give us anything but a neat blue and some gold, and will help people strive to find friends to help them out with this massive evil I accidentally awakened before it destroys my world! I mean uhh... the massive evil someone else unleashed! WASN'T ME!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Also, none of that bullcrap where a single player quest chain suddenly turns into a "group" quest.

It was always a PitA to try and find someone on the same step as you where.

Most of it was soloable by certain classes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/17/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Obvioustroll
So is any of this desire for harder content based on anything? Or is it just difficulty for the sake of difficulty?

It's not even difficulty, by and large what most of the people asking for more "difficult" content are really asking for is exclusive content due to inaccessibility. For example grinding 100 mobs isn't difficult it's just annoying.

The leveling gameplay is no easier than it was in vanilla or BC it just takes less time, i fail to see a problem with this.
Edited by Ziryus on 2/17/2013 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There are plenty of rares in Pandaria that are quite tough.

Some have one shot capabilities. As in: they shoot you, you go down.
Edited by Anira on 2/17/2013 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Everything in MoP is watered down (simplified).

New Talent Trees has no fun at all now.

All gears behind gated-rep.

No more Kara, Ulduar, Naxx, DS -type of raids.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/17/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Abriel
But that one had me stumped until I called on some guildies to help me defeat this world destroying evil that I had accidentally unleashed.

That stuff always pissed me off.

"We hope you have a group of people in your pocket for this surprise elite creature you can't solo!"

Bullcrap. Now I gotta sit here spamming the local general chat hoping some passing high level player helps me out by zerging this guys.

And I don't know what you meant by optional, other than I have the choice to leave and forget this quest and that quest reward I probably really wanted and go start another quest and hope it also doesn't leave me on my butt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Everything in MoP is watered down (simplified).

Not at all, if anything most classes got more complex.

New Talent Trees has no fun at all now.

The new talent trees offer more choices and play options than ever before in WoW history.

All gears behind gated-rep.

Yes this is annoying but it's A) being changed and B) fixed the problems with the Cata system.

No more Kara, Ulduar, Naxx, DS -type of raids.

I'm not sure i understand this one, yes those raids were awesome but we got what 14 raid bosses this tier as compared to 7 in firelands? And wait did you seriously just try to compare DS to Kara or ulduar?
Edited by Ziryus on 2/17/2013 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/17/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Jessebella

That stuff always pissed me off.

"We hope you have a group of people in your pocket for this surprise elite creature you can't solo!"

Bullcrap. Now I gotta sit here spamming the local general chat hoping some passing high level player helps me out by zerging this guys.

And I don't know what you meant by optional, other than I have the choice to leave and forget this quest and that quest reward I probably really wanted and go start another quest and hope it also doesn't leave me on my butt.

No no! the point is, it built up great story, and required teamwork, which seems to be sorely lacking now in game, and friends to do something neat! Not somethign necessary, the item you get from the quest wouldn't be the be all end all of loot. I mean think about your blue weapons in MoP, and how quickly you replace them?

The idea is, it's not an integral part of questing to do those quests, heck you can come back later and possibly solo them. It's the idea of having things out there for the community. you get no special benefits from them, not even an achievement saying: I DID THIS! LOOK AT ME! None of that. just neat challenging things that YOU can say: Hey, me and my friends did this. for no more reward than we hung out and killed the horrible bad guy before he could enslave the world and crash the outlands into it! P:
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/17/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Abriel
The idea is, it's not an integral part of questing to do those quests, heck you can come back later and possibly solo them. It's the idea of having things out there for the community. you get no special benefits from them, not even an achievement saying: I DID THIS! LOOK AT ME! None of that. just neat challenging things that YOU can say: Hey, me and my friends did this. for no more reward than we hung out and killed the horrible bad guy before he could enslave the world and crash the outlands into it! P:

But, geez, I don't quest to hit a wall and come back later when I can wafflestomp it to see the resolution.

That's one of the things that pissed me off so much. I would get immersed with a story and be incapable of seeing it end in a proper fashion. That is just so cruel.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The proper fashion for it is the same as a group for an instance. A group of people getting together to kill something so unspeakable that to speak of it would cause the end of the world as we know it! You don't go into Terrace of endless spring alone and kill the Sha corrupting everything with the power of fear, do you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]