how do i make inquisition less painful

100 Tauren Paladin
i recently leveled my pally, which i hadn't touched since before holy power, and the biggest pain for me is keeping inquisition up. does anyone have any tips for keeping it up without having to constantly watch the buff timer every 30 seconds?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I use CLCret to give me a reminder when to refresh it, and I also set up TellMeWhen to let me know how long exactly is left. Other than that, that's really just it. It starts to become second nature once you get into the habit of using it, and it's a lot less annoying than, say, an unglyphed Slice and Dice to manage.
Reply Quote
There are a few addons you could get to give you a timer set.

The most common one I used in the past when cata first came out was CLCRet. I used this in wotlk for PvP Purposes to show me the timer on Sacred Shield, and many other spells, and replaced the sacred shield timer with inquisition when cata came out.
If you want to take the time to configure it, you can set it so that you don't have to look at the rotation UI in CLCRet and just have it show you the inquisition timer. After a while it becomes instinct to refresh it every 25-30 seconds without looking.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I don't use clc ret , i use weak auras and i made an aura for inquisition that goes from 30 to 0 i refresh it before it goes to 0 obviously but i can make the aura as big or as small as i please.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Refresh at 1 second. Even 0.1 seconds. Refreshing anywhere above 3 seconds left or letting Inquisition fall off is a dps loss.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My 2 cents: Inquision is garbage. It was an overreaction to people complaining constantly about Ret. Paladins in Wrath. It's decent when standing behind a boss pushing 1-4, but it makes PvP intolerable. Oh, sorry I got off on a tangent.

Spellflash: Inquisition
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Inquisition is supposed to be painful. If it weren't, it wouldn't work.

...wait, wrong thing.

There are any number of addons that can track it in various ways. Personally, I added a bar for it in Icehud (in place of my mana bar, because I so rarely need to look at that).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My 2 cents: Inquision is garbage. It was an overreaction to people complaining constantly about Ret. Paladins in Wrath. It's decent when standing behind a boss pushing 1-4, but it makes PvP intolerable. Oh, sorry I got off on a tangent.

Spellflash: Inquisition

Glyph of Inquisition could use a polish. 15% holy dps loss just to avoid a few GCD and a tiny bit extra holy power seems underwhelming.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A step by step guide to making Inquisition less painful by Inares

Step 1: Keep Inquisition up.
Step 2: See step 1

The end.

Any questions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/21/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Lobster
Glyph of Inquisition could use a polish. 15% holy dps loss just to avoid a few GCD and a tiny bit extra holy power seems underwhelming.

The glyph is supposed to be a DPS loss so that's probably why it feels underwhelming lol. If you're unable to refresh a really good self buff twice a minute then you don't deserve the full effect. Only players who are completely new to ret and still learning the basics have an excuse to use this glyph.

I completely agree, and I would like to see it moved toward more of a PvP glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
>_>

<_<

Astroglide.

>_<
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I took the glyph of Inquisition. I know it's supposed to be a dps loss, but I'm not that good at the game, and with all the times I'd forget to refresh Inq the glyph I think is a net gain for me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/21/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Scryn
I took the glyph of Inquisition. I know it's supposed to be a dps loss, but I'm not that good at the game, and with all the times I'd forget to refresh Inq the glyph I think is a net gain for me.

I personally went from 85-90 with the Truth glyph (hadn't done ANY research on 5.0 details but most mobs till 88ish were dead in a few hits anyway), and had a relatively mediocre up time on Inq while questing and went perfectly fine. Would be nice if Honorable or Exp giving KBs refreshed it, but then again, would get abused in fights with adds in them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/21/2013 03:10 PMPosted by Solvexx
You must have an extremely long p3nis for it to be stuck in the fan while you're at the computer table..

Oh, baby?
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
02/21/2013 06:01 AMPosted by Jackishi
and it's a lot less annoying than, say, an unglyphed Slice and Dice to manage.

You playing a combat or Sub rogue? I can't stand to keep slice and dice up on my rogue so I just stay assassination and never have to worry about it...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]