why do you even bother still?

85 Orc Shaman

I have played 2200 in arena every season, even on the !@#$ battlegroup of retaliation where KFC is plentiful.

I hate playing my warlock in arena, we have to set up everything for no reward at all.

lolfear. sorry im going to dispell that, then im going to become immune, then ill drop this totem, then ill do this, and ill do that. and never be in fear longer then 3 seconds.

Warlocks not fun in arena, only reason i played it was to have fun.

the fun aspect has died a lot, i loved to play this class due to infernal being able to unenslave, same with doomguard. just felt evil.

So why do you even bother still veteran warlocks and non? and please don't say greenfire because it really isn't that big of a deal, id rather have my old class quests back then be like ohlol im burning green.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/14/2013 06:41 AMPosted by Musen
only reason i played it was to have fun.

I still personally find PvP'ing and PvE'ing as a warlock fun. I don't mind the nerfs that we get, in all honesty. because, well, it happens. Sure, its very frustrating to deal with at times, but I've stuck with this character for many years now, and I don't plan on leaving him anytime soon.

Back is Cata when demo warlocks in PvP were... rare... to say the least (I never saw them appear anywhere, in all honesty) I still played them and did fairly well. Its just a matter of finding ways aroudn the nerfs we get I suppose. I don't have a high rating at all, but thats mainly because I don't strive to actually get a high rating, and as such I don't know the issues that come from facing higher rank teams.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
i dont bother, i cap in 2's and im gearing my spriest and mage alts for next season
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Same as Alndron - not concerned about getting a respectable rating, or I wouldn't have spent 4 years partnered with a MM hunt playing from Australia..

I stick with this toon because I have a blast on it most of the time.

I'm geared and skilled enough to not feel like a target or free kill, and "mature" enough not to really care when people tell me Aff is terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm kinda in the same boat as you. In fact I quit my warlock back in cata when the "fel armor gives 10% maximum mana" was put on the patchnotes (blizz that was dirty and whoever involved in that shouldve been fired). I switched to, of course, the FotM frost mage and just plain wtfpwned.

Now I kinda feel in the same boat again as cata, where I feel they're going to make another nerf that is just plain "wtf kind of balancing is this" for the lock class, enough to inspire me to change my priest to shadow or disc pvp.

Really the only reason I haven't attempted priest pvp is because I need my priest for dailies and raiding and I don't feel like respeccing and such like I did back in burning crusade each time I wanted to do something new :P. But it HAS been on my mind for a while... I kinda wanna see how this 10% damage reduction and warlocks getting an actually USABLE stamina buff play out.

also burning crusader, since you talked about being a veteran. so i understand about how warlocks used to be A LOT darker... and that's true. But I think all in all some changes were for the better, such as when before we had to farm soulshards for our raids :P
Edited by Demonwizard on 2/14/2013 10:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I remember having 14 slot bags x2 filled with soulshards + my soul pouch that contained 28 shards. Id still have to refill before i logged out. anyways, maybe if the warlock class quit playing their warlock they will just delete the class so we can all move on from the brokenness.
Reply Quote
59 Draenei Shaman
You get queues into KFC a lot? It's every bg, not just yours.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/14/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Musen
I remember having 14 slot bags x2 filled with soulshards + my soul pouch that contained 28 shards. Id still have to refill before i logged out. anyways, maybe if the warlock class quit playing their warlock they will just delete the class so we can all move on from the brokenness.

I'm sorry but just because a portion of the population playing a certain class doesn't enjoy it doesn't mean the class should be entirely removed. Also, if locks were so "broken" as you claim, then why do people even still play them at all?

From my (rather limited by admission) experience in pve warlocks are generally near the top of the dps meters for raids, and I absolutely love playing my lock in pvp. Some people find it fun, some people don't. This is a game you are paying to play, so do what you enjoy.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Obviously you haven't played a real warlock, MoP warlock isn't a warlock, its a reworked version of a caster unholy dk.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Been playing since Vanilla on this toon, dude...

Not seeing this massive change that ruins the class you talk about.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Been playing since Vanilla on this toon, dude...

Not seeing this massive change that ruins the class you talk about.

it's the fact that we're basically mages. We used to always be tankier casters, but at the same time we had no mobility so we were balanced. Now, blizz gutted our tankiness, and instead gave us mobility. Which in short, turns us into mages. Highly mobile highly squishy ranged caster with some survivability cooldowns. When such a specific description fits TWO SUPPOSED TO BE VERY DIFFERENT CLASSES, there's a problem.

I think with the new blood horror spell, along with the 10% tankiness effect, we might see a SMALL return of our original playstyle. But it certainly isn't going to improve with the buffing of KJC, the nerfing of the only-one-reason-to-use-this-spell-and-that-is-rBGs MF, and the continued uselessness of AV.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Um, no.

Aff feels nothing like playing a mage. Nothing at all. Also, your "highly specific" description isn't, it's pretty general.

Mages are burst specs, Aff isn't.

We still rely on dots as our foundation, we've always channeled important casts. Mages...nope, not really.

We were always squishie, but we did, I admit, self-heal better.

Still tied to a secondary resource that can be annoying, still using fears and minions...

And, destro always struck me as mage-like....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
anyone that really cares about warlocks will reroll in 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
All you really need to do is to look at the arena ladders to see there is a problem. On Bloodlust battlegroup for example there are only four or five warlocks at 2200 or above in the 3's bracket. Compare that to the numerous warriors, mages, hunters, shadow priests, and ferals. When you breakout DPS by class you see there are the haves and the have-nots. Warlocks from an arena perspective are clearly a have not.

I too am gearing up alts. In reading the 5.2 PTR notes I can't say I'm very optimistic that it will change. Many warlocks have made constructive suggestions on how to improve warlocks in arenas but it seems to be falling on deaf ears. Meanwhile we see rogues and windwalker monks both of which need attention are getting it and we see mages which don't need attention getting it too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Um, no.

Aff feels nothing like playing a mage. Nothing at all. Also, your "highly specific" description isn't, it's pretty general.

Mages are burst specs, Aff isn't.

We still rely on dots as our foundation, we've always channeled important casts. Mages...nope, not really.

We were always squishie, but we did, I admit, self-heal better.

Still tied to a secondary resource that can be annoying, still using fears and minions...

And, destro always struck me as mage-like....

BTW this is demonwizard I just posted on my priest, forgot to change... yeah...

Hence why I'm aff, I'm trying to hang on to the last bit of warlockness left. However, you're lying if you're going to say aff hasn't become more burst-like this xpack. pop cds (trinket and ds) keep haunt up and malefic grasp them to oblivion... If they survive that you're in trouble for 2 min until dark soul is up again...

Anwyays we were never that squishy. soul link used to work much differently, and would always mitigrate 20% of the damage we took. Now, soullink is laughable, because if they attack the warlock pet, the warlock also takes damage... and a good portion too. So there goes 20% mitigration. bye bye mitigration. At least they realized that enough to give HALF of it back to us.... You see where I'm going with this :P. Warlocks were squishy compared to, say, a warrior, but not a mage. Also like you said, self healing was much higher (which ty for doing btw as you saved me a lengthy paragraph about fel armor self heal + haunt + drain life used to affect dots + old siphon life + yadayadayada).

Still tied to an annyoing secondary resource? That I'll kinda give you. We're different in that aspect. I think that's the only excuse to justify a difference though.

And the reason we relied on channelled casts was because if you had a tanky caster dealing good damage that MOVED, well, /ragequit :P. We channelled/feared because it was the limitation. We NEVER had a real slow/stun outside curse of exhaustion and, (aside from the one time it mirrored everyone else's slow and slowed for 50% and was then promptly deemed OP and nerfed) I don't remember it ever being usable (remember that before wotlk I believe you had to choose between CoE and CoAgony). But we still had stationary spells for a stationary class because stationary damage with powerful self healing and moderate tankiness was the playstyle.
Now we have things like burning rush and KJC, with KJC (btw i want fried chicken right now, i missed the j key and hit k T_T) being a no-brainer because of how unappealing the other 2 are.
Edited by Mashedorbake on 2/15/2013 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Personal tradition. Finding most other classes boring (particularly mages). Touch of masochism I'm sure. Perhaps hope that, once we fall to the least represented class, we'll receive significant buffs a la monks. Not holding my breath.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/14/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Musen
I remember having 14 slot bags x2 filled with soulshards + my soul pouch that contained 28 shards. Id still have to refill before i logged out.

LOL, I almost never post on the forums but just had to comment since I had almost completely forgotten about soul shards. It feels like it's been forever since I had to go farm mobs to keep my special bag filled. Hell I can't even remember all the spells that required them, gonna have to go look now for nostalgia.

Anyway more OT : Haven't touched arena since I started playing MoP (waiting on a friend to catch up) so it's not too bad. Playing with a MW helps since he can self-peel while I get trained by 2 warrs and a DK. Mostly though I've just been grinding rep on this toon while I level my other toons and wait for my friend to catch up so we can attempt to arena.
Edited by Nemè on 2/15/2013 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Personal tradition. Finding most other classes boring (particularly mages). Touch of masochism I'm sure. Perhaps hope that, once we fall to the least represented class, we'll receive significant buffs a la monks. Not holding my breath.

Blizz thinks that giving attention to our demands of green fire means that we don't need any issues addressed from legitimate complaints in pvp. They think that giving us that quest chain will boost our player base which it might for a little but, but when people realize how bad off we really are in competative pvp, they are going to go back to their mains.

Eventually we will be buffed because we are in the bottom 3 least played classes, just above rogues and then monks but dont count on it this expansion.
Edited by Foamy on 2/15/2013 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]