State of Ret in PVE

12 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey all,

I've recently come back to WoW after a long break and I wanted to see where Ret was in PVE. I have done some research on the forums and it seems like ret has great burst but lacks in sustained. Is it really as bad as people say? I've wanted to play a pally since Warcraft!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
we're fine in pve.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
We're not as bad as people say. I was in a raid earlier and spanking three mages and a warrior on damage, DPS, and survivability. Ret has a bit of a steep learning curve involved now, but it still perfectly capable if you invest the time to get it down.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Paladin
Well I have nothing but time! I will look over a few guides and get to some leveling! Will I be able to compete with a DK?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
From what I have experienced, you should be able to compete with just about anything of equal gear if you know what you're doing.

For guides, we have a very good one stickied here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We're not as bad as people say. I was in a raid earlier and spanking three poorly geared or poorly played mages and a warrior on damage, DPS, and survivability. Ret has a bit of a steep learning curve involved now, but it still perfectly capable if you invest the time to get it down.

Actually should have unbolded after mages, warriors can be a bit sketchy.

Ret isn't great for PvE. Though Sanc Wrath is pretty badass on heavy movement fights.

But as Grognard says, we have higher survability (& utility), and amazing dps or not, the spec is still fun.
Edited by Fenryz on 2/14/2013 10:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/14/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Thermadin
we're fine in pve.

^^
Reply Quote
Just don't listen to Sanctified on the matter.

We're good enough in PvE.
Edited by Bassm on 2/15/2013 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/14/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
We're not as bad as people say. I was in a raid earlier and spanking three mages and a warrior on damage, DPS, and survivability. Ret has a bit of a steep learning curve involved now, but it still perfectly capable if you invest the time to get it down.

No offense to you but if you were spanking 3 mages and a warrior they were either #1 not geared or #2 they flat out suck. Any good warrior or Mage for that matter can make a ret look bad on damage and that's a fact.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We are "fine", although in high end raiding, once you get gear along with everyone else you will pretty much be one of the worst melee DPS in most cases, assuming everyone in the raid share equal skill and gear. We are behind all the other plate wearing DPS as well as almost every caster. Don't get me wrong, Ret still brings solid numbers and definitely a strong DPSer but we could be stronger.

But I mean we have a lot of Utility so that makes up for the lack of DPS, right?.....right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]