BoE's should only contribute to ilvl once SB

90 Troll Mage
Something I noticed was the fact that I could "borrow" gear (crafted BoE's) and use them to Q for LFR. After I was done boosting my ilvl in LFR, I'd give the item back to the person who lent it to me. Is this working as intended? Only soulbound items in your bags should contribute to ilvl, not BoE's you plan on selling/trading.

PS - Have not tested this on PTR, but I didn't see any notes regarding the situation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thats how it works on live, LFR takes your equipped level in that you actually have to equip the gear for it to count for ilvl restrictions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/15/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Zumi
Thats how it works on live, LFR takes your equipped level in that you actually have to equip the gear for it to count for ilvl restrictions.

Actually no, it takes the ilvl of your highest gear set, not your equipped. I "borrowed" a pair of 489 legs from the Klaxxi vendor and did not equip them to push me over the 470 mark (I was a 469) on my pally so I could queue for ToES and HoF LFR. When I was done, I gave them back to the vendor to get my VP back.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
At 450 ilvl I still do more dps than people in 460 ilvl in MsV LFR so let's ban people pulling under X amount of dps?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I ranked as prot when queued as dps and not tanking while cheating item level

I just think artificial gearscore requirements are silly in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
I think that the requirement to queue should be based on a dummy dps. Say, 30k unbuffed sustained over 3 minutes.

I choose a low threshold (since 30k was doable in heroic DS gear) so that LFR still serves it's purpose, allowing people who do not have the time commitment to queue up.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I think that the requirement to queue should be based on a dummy dps. Say, 30k unbuffed sustained over 3 minutes.

I choose a low threshold (since 30k was doable in heroic DS gear) so that LFR still serves it's purpose, allowing people who do not have the time commitment to queue up.

I couldn't really see this working. Too much redesign and variables to consider imho. I don't mind the whole ilvl requirement for LFR, but when people start buying vendor gear and selling it back afterwards, I wouldn't imagine that blizzard is very fond of the idea. I was just curious what others thought, as well as a possible fix.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/15/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Kilobite
I couldn't really see this working. Too much redesign and variables to consider imho. I don't mind the whole ilvl requirement for LFR, but when people start buying vendor gear and selling it back afterwards, I wouldn't imagine that blizzard is very fond of the idea. I was just curious what others thought, as well as a possible fix.

Blizzards commented saying "If you're intelligent enough to do this, you're above LFR's requirement"
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
02/15/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Whyzlock
Actually no, it takes the ilvl of your highest gear set, not your equipped. I "borrowed" a pair of 489 legs from the Klaxxi vendor and did not equip them to push me over the 470 mark (I was a 469) on my pally so I could queue for ToES and HoF LFR. When I was done, I gave them back to the vendor to get my VP back.

You could have worn them (wearing them doesn't remove the refund timer).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
HiJ
02/15/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Asane
Blizzards commented saying "If you're intelligent enough to do this, you're above LFR's requirement"
Could you cite this? It sounds hilarious.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
02/15/2013 06:53 PMPosted by Somewhat
Could you cite this? It sounds hilarious.

I'd love to know too.

Honestly I think that's why they haven't done anything about it. Normally the ones who cheat ilvl care about their character's progression. And if you care you normally try to play well, instantly putting you above 75% of LFR players.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Im looking for it.

that obviously was a paraphrase, but they said something to that affect
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
It's in GC's blog post from back in Cata, found here:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1690800#blog

Relevant section:

The item level requirement is intended only to keep out players who have no idea what is appropriate content for them. We know you can game it by getting PvP gear or hiding off-spec gear in your bags. Congrats on being sneaky! If you’re sophisticated enough to try and game the item-level requirements, you should be sophisticated enough to know if you can actually handle the content.
Edited by Emerys on 2/15/2013 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
It's in GC's blog post from back in Cata, found here:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1690800#blog

Relevant section:

The item level requirement is intended only to keep out players who have no idea what is appropriate content for them. We know you can game it by getting PvP gear or hiding off-spec gear in your bags. Congrats on being sneaky! If you’re sophisticated enough to try and game the item-level requirements, you should be sophisticated enough to know if you can actually handle the content.

LMFAO ok thanks for answering my post. Much appreciated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]