Rolling on RH

11 Blood Elf Mage
So we accepted your invitation to roll on RH, and I quite like it. In fact, this time I think I might even like to try RP. (Warning I'm a total noob!)

I guess our first order of business is to seek out a guild. We need a family-friendly guild as we do play the game with our kids. They are quite capable at heroics, raiding, PvP and whatnot, but we still need to be careful of the environment in which they do these things.

I am seeking out a guild first as I will most likely let their needs help me to determine what max level toons we should transfer/gear. I'm kind of stuck on the RP thing until I know which toon I'll be working with. (There are four of us, but for the moment I'll probably be the only one attempting to RP.)

We play both Horde and Alliance, btw.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Hello and welcome!

First of all, please don't be nervous about being new to RP. I think that all of the RPers on RH are more than willing to work with people and help them out, especially if you give them a whisper letting them know that you're new.

Next, if you're interested at all in learning about RP or just getting to know those of us that do RP, please feel free to check out the Ravenholdt RP Sanctum (ravenholdt.us). It's the server's RP site and the community there will be sure to help you out. Plus, there are guides for RPers there that you might like to browse!

Third, there are sure to be some guilds that fit your needs on both factions. I'm mostly aware of the family-friendly RP guilds, but it sounds like you're looking for more of a family-friendly social guild. I will have to defer to others on whether or not their guilds are 'family-friendly.' I know that some guilds don't moderate guildchat or the OOC channel, while others do. With that said, until you find a guild (or maybe to help you look), I know that Stonesmiter (a.k.a. Stonzgrinda) has set up an Alliance guild to help out new transfers. It's called <BARBARIANS> and its goal is to try to give new transfers a place to call home on RH, to ask questions, and to hang out until we can find you the perfect guild for you!

So, let's see if others speak up about a guild! If not, be sure to look around in-game. Only a rather limited portion of players check these forums frequently.

Again, we're excited to have you and your family join us!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Most excellent, welcome to Ravenholdt! We have a unique community that adds a whole new element to the game. Total "noobs" are always wecome here, whether they're new to the game or just RP!

I suggest stopping by at the Sanctum, our RP hub, at www.ravenholdt.us. It's family friendly, with a few story threads specified as "R-rated" due to some adult content and whatnot, but overall it's suitable for the World of Warcraft ESRB rating.

You'll also be able to find lots of great information about RP guilds on both factions there, including some creative ways to get in touch with other players!

Don't hesitate to contact me in-game if I can be of any assistance.

EDIT: Haha, too funny, it appears Aerana and I were working on a reply simultaneously. Did we mention the Sanctum, at www.ravenholdt.us?? ;)
Edited by Candela on 2/16/2013 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
With that said, until you find a guild (or maybe to help you look), I know that Stonesmiter (a.k.a. Stonzgrinda) has set up an Alliance guild to help out new transfers. It's called <BARBARIANS> and its goal is to try to give new transfers a place to call home on RH, to ask questions, and to hang out until we can find you the perfect guild for you!

Oh, and this! Definitely this!
Reply Quote
EDIT: Haha, too funny, it appears Aerana and I were working on a reply simultaneously. Did we mention the Sanctum, at www.ravenholdt.us?? ;)

I don't know, Candela, we might have forgotten it. We should mention it again just to be sure!

You should check out the Sanctum at www.ravenholdt.us if you're at all interested it in RP.

*Giggles and sips her coffee as she continues her morning posts*
Reply Quote
11 Blood Elf Mage
02/16/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Aerana
I'm mostly aware of the family-friendly RP guilds, but it sounds like you're looking for more of a family-friendly social guild.

To be honest, I'm not really sure. I don't know how RP guilds function or if they raid, PvP, etc.

I figured I would start Rp'ing on this toon and level her so that I can soak up all the little details that I might have missed leveling my 90s. But that leaves us with the question of what to do with the 90s. On them we would like to find a family-friendly guild where we can maybe help out if they're just getting started raiding or PvPing.

If we can accomplish both with one guild, that would be fantastic. One day we might even RP the 90s. While we were somewhat drawn to the CRZ-free aspect, I am more interested in what you're going for as a community.
Edited by Chrisalie on 2/16/2013 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
To be honest, I'm not really sure. I don't know how RP guilds function or if they raid, PvP, etc.

Like any other guild, the variety that RP guilds do simply depends on the guild. For example, Twilight Empire currently has two raid groups and I think we're working on building an RBG team. We don't do a lot of World-PvP because our guild storyline is that we're trying to build peace with the Horde. With that said, we work with our allied guild (The Sentinels, The Indelibles, and Reprisal) to do PvP initiatives in Krasarang. Our guild chat is IC but we have an OOC channel that is moderated at a PG-13 level (even if it makes some members grumpy with me!).

Similarly, I'm not sure if <The Nights Veil> raids, but I know that Ryoka has an interest in PvP so they're a guild you hang out with, RP with, and PvP with. I also don't know if they moderate their channels, but it's something worth looking into.

Both <Twilight Empire> and <The Nights Veil> have more of an RP-focus than you might be comfortable with just starting out, which is understandable. I know several other amazing guilds, but I don't know that they're as family-friendly as you might like (i.e. their channels aren't moderated).

You know, you might look into <The Sentinels>. Virina is leading it now and I think that they're pretty family-friendly (they have some younger members), they have a raid group, and they are RP friendly. They're also helpful when PvP happens too (and being a part of the Council of the Resolute - our 4 guild alliance - gives you access to a larger player base). All around, they're great people!

Let's see if we can get one of them to comment in this thread.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Similarly, I'm not sure if <The Nights Veil> raids, but I know that Ryoka has an interest in PvP so they're a guild you hang out with, RP with, and PvP with. I also don't know if they moderate their channels, but it's something worth looking into.

Aerana, that is just about the perfect description of the Night's Veil: "a guild you hang out with, RP with, and PvP with". I am going to borrow it in the future. Since it is a hunter weapon, I'm sure you won't mind.

We do not raid; and I seriously doubt we will in the conceivable future. This is due to our very small size, and our casual approach to the game. We do run old content, and do in-character dungeon runs. As we grow, so will our involvement in WPvP.

There has never been a need to moderate our chat, so we've never thought about it. It has just stayed PG13 on its own so far.
Reply Quote
Ryoka: You're welcome to that hunter weapon =)

There has never been a need to moderate our chat, so we've never thought about it. It has just stayed PG13 on its own so far.

As a word of advice, this might be something that you and your guildmates should decide on early. I guarantee that as your guild grows, you'll face questions like these. It's much better to have a policy figured out in advance (otherwise you'll be having emergency officer meetings because people get upset on both sides - I know this!).

Also, Chrisalie: I spoke with some representatives of <The Sentinels> and they agreed with what I said. They're a family-friendly/social guild that is RP-friendly and working on getting their raiding up and going again. You should talk to some of them! And you can also put alts into the other guilds I mentioned too!
Reply Quote
11 Blood Elf Mage
Thank you all so much! I will try to make contact with some of the guilds you mentioned.

We run PvP on some characters and PvE on others so perhaps we will just have to spread them around a bit.

Thanks again!
Reply Quote
Of course! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. If I could ask that you send me a mail to let me know what guilds you end up joining and how it's going, I would appreciate it. Despite limited time to be in-game, I try to keep in touch with some of the guilds on the server so that I can help advertise them on the forums. Like I said, the Realm Forums are a good source of information but only a small portion of RH players post on them. I would hate for people to miss out on some of our amazing guilds simply because they don't have people advertising them on the Realm Forums.

With that said, I hope you enjoy your time here! ^_^
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Death Knight
I too recently rolled in to check out the lack of CRZ, and have found that feature alone to be very pleasant. No rubber banding while coming into Stormwind, no freezing while crossing zones, I can't wait to try to fly over Wintergrasp, which has been my bane on my servers, as I tend to forget that it is still in place.

The PvP aspect did give me some pause before I jumped over here, but I have only been nailed once in Hellfire Penn, and the beauty was, the 90 who dropped me, waited patiently for me to kill the mobs I was on, then rounded up a few more for me and burned us all down at once. I came back with some fear of being camped, but he had moved on to bigger things, and I finished my quests in relative peace. Definite plus in my book. Red is dead is one thing, camping those who can't even fight back is another. So thus far, Durh's post in General has been fairly spot on.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/18/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Ryunark
Red is dead is one thing, camping those who can't even fight back is another.

Indeed these are two different things. There are a few on our server on each faction who will gank and camp lowbies, but most of the base do not find it clever or cute.

"Plays well with others" is important here. We do PvP. Most definitely. But for the most part we observe the basic courtesies.

BTW the fact that we are an RP server means that sometimes there are in-character requirements to fight at terribly mismatched levels - up or down. The incident you described where you had questing assistance from the guy who then took you out, sounds like that sort of situation. "Nothing personal, but..."
Edited by Stonzgrinda on 2/18/2013 8:11 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]