Our dot critrates: Snapshot or Dynamic?

90 Gnome Mage
I know that boomkin dots have dynamic crit rates, while most other classes take snapshot values for crit on cast or refresh.

I also know that combustion calculates its crit dynamically on each tick. But what about:

- Mage bombs?
- Ignite?
- Pyroblast dot?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
I'm pretty sure that all DoTs update dynamically with crit as of now. Other stats (haste, SP, % damage) take snapshots.

Of course, I could be way off.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Yeah, I'm looking for some definitive answers - Boomkins and Combustion critical strike are still done dynamically, while warlocks are all static snapshot types.

I have no clue whether our other dots snapshot crit or calculate them dynamically, and It's really something I'd like to find out before getting the Lei Shen trinket.
Edited by Napwneon on 2/16/2013 9:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
8 Draenei Priest
Good question. We decided to dig into all of the dots and found they worked pretty inconsistently. (Consistency isn't always critical because it does lead to a certain amount of homogeneity, but too little consistency can just be confusing too.) We made a pass at all of the class dots and made them snapshot crit chance. This will have implications in any simulations out there.

Post by Ghostcrawler

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811342046?page=107#2129

EDIT: This is for 5.2, but that's looming over us anyway.
Edited by Quotation on 2/16/2013 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]