Incoming refugee!

90 Blood Elf Priest
*clears throat uneasily*

Er...hi there..! I..would like to start off by saying thank you to those who posted in the General forum welcoming those of us who were fed up with Cross Realm Zones with warm, welcome arms. I for one was fed up with the inability to level an alt in peace, the lag, the rather intense competition for resources, the rude... intruders...

*sighs and slouches a little*

Anyways, back to the point. Yesterday I transferred my Tauren Druid over here, as he is able to fly around and scope out the server from a higher, safer and faster view point than the alt hunter I rolled. I admit now though...I'm lost, and quite frankly a little nervous.

I've never once been on a strictly PvP server, and the only time I have attempted an RP server, I was not only scared off by those who knew how to RP and the lore of the game, but by an ex guild mate who told me every single one of my characters were terrible and that I should never touch that side of the community again. *shudders uncomfortably*

To sum it up...I'm quite nervous. I'm actually currently sitting in Orgrimmar right now, in Flight Form, perched on a rock, and not knowing what to do. I'm shy IRL, and shy in game. I rarely ever initiate conversations, and since this is a new server, I'm terrified of asking in either /Horde or /2 for assistance.

Are there any Horde guilds for people like me? Those new to both aspects of the server, willing to give each a shot [slowly but surely], and wanting to be surrounded with friendly people? I will warn others though, that I am slightly childish despite being a young adult [22], I cuss occasionally, I'm still learning my class/spec, and I have many an alt on two other servers [and this lovely lady, my main] to attend to as well. I'm too poor to transfer them all here, and I doubt my 10 remaining slots are enough to house them all!

Again, thank you for welcoming us refugees to the server/community. :) It's greatly appreciated, and watched the interaction between people on the forums was enough to win me over.

**Oh! I wanted to add in that...if I get to feeling comfortable with the PvP all day every day aspect of the server...I may roll some Night Elf females. >.> I'm way too addicted to them, and I do enjoy the Alliance a tad. [Though, I will ALWAYS be a member of the Horde at heart, despite my hatred for Garrosh. FOR THE HORDE!]
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Be warmly welcomed, potential future opponent! We are genuinely pleased to have you on Ravenholdt.

The Sanctum is the best place to meet the friendliest, most creative people in all of Warcraft. Start here: http://www.ravenholdt.us/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2723.

The (BARBARIANS) guild you will see advertised on that page is a guild specifically for players who are new to RPing to help them learn the lore of Azeroth and gain some storytelling skills. It's currently Alliance-side, but its' founder Stonesmiter/Stonzgrinda, is a Horde main and runs the Bloodfury Clan guild. You will probably find them to be a good resource for you as well.

Hope to see you in game or on the Sanctum!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow, I really can't believe how effective Durh's--if I recall correctly--Ravenholdt advertisement thread was/is. I'm both impressed and grateful!

Anyway, welcome to the server! I'm certain you will not regret your choice!

02/16/2013 10:47 PMPosted by Faevel
I've never once been on a strictly PvP server, and the only time I have attempted an RP server, I was not only scared off by those who knew how to RP and the lore of the game, but by an ex guild mate who told me every single one of my characters were terrible and that I should never touch that side of the community again. *shudders uncomfortably*

That's just horrible. I'm sorry you had to deal with someone like that. Constructive criticism when offered kindly is one thing, all but suggesting self-imposed exile quite another. I think you will find the community over at www.ravenholdt.us much more welcoming and friendly. Sure, there are a couple of people who might be described as abrasive, but the vast majority of the players that frequent the site are just awesome.

To sum it up...I'm quite nervous. I'm actually currently sitting in Orgrimmar right now, in Flight Form, perched on a rock, and not knowing what to do. I'm shy IRL, and shy in game. I rarely ever initiate conversations, and since this is a new server, I'm terrified of asking in either /Horde or /2 for assistance.

I think you'll fit in fine around here! I'm aware of several people with a similar disposition that have managed to come out of their shells and meet a lot of great people here.

02/17/2013 04:37 AMPosted by Flitin
The (BARBARIANS) guild you will see advertised on that page is a guild specifically for players who are new to RPing to help them learn the lore of Azeroth and gain some storytelling skills.

What he said! Great place to start for any of your Alliance ventures. Feel free to contact me in-game on the Horde side, too!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
G'day Faevel, Welcome to Ravenholdt.

Clandestine is a new guild here that I have signed up with when founded only a few weeks ago and I am pleased to say that the group is pleasant, friendly and helpful. It is also full of players in pve and pvp (we are looking to set up a team for pvp and have some old vets in this area that are working on gearing and preparing for the new session)....I seem to be the only RP here so far but I hope that will change.

Our current members consist mostly of players that have come back after a long hiatus (some since BC or he launch of WOTLK) and the majority of others are new to WOW or transfers/alts from other realms.

If you would like I would be happy to invite you to our group.

We c'ud use eve'y one t'at is look'in fir their purpose in ta Horde. Once again w'lcome an' I hope ya find w'at ya 're look'in fir.
This message has been Ottis approved. There. I said it.
T'at'll do Ottis, t'at'll do.

The Sanctum is the best place to meet the friendliest, most creative people in all of Warcraft. Start here: http://www.ravenholdt.us/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2723.

The Sanctum is the best place to meet the friendliest, most creative people in all of Warcraft. Start here: http://www.ravenholdt.us/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2723

Do check this out. It will be very helpful if you wish to RP in giving you a hand to start and meet members here on Ravenholdt that do not post in the forums regularly. Also have a look at the RP posts here in the forums such as how people have named there toons and back stories.
Reply Quote
Welcome to Ravenholdt!

As the others have said, please don't let your previous experiences scare you away from roleplaying. Our RP community tends to be extremely nice and supportive of new RPers, so please don't hesitate to introduce yourself on the Sanctum. There are guides for new RPers there, information on RP guilds, stories, backstories, and random OOC chatter. It's definitely a good place to start to meet some people.

As Flitin mentioned, Stone started an Alliance guild called <BARBARIANS> just to help new transfers (or people new to WoW) get started in the game. Several Alliance players have put alts in that guild so that we can help answer questions. Currently there's no mirror Horde-side, but maybe that will change.

With that said, Mockrabbit is an extremely kind poster (and a great RPer!) so maybe <Clandestine> would be a good guild to start out in. There are other Horde RP guilds that you might be interested in too (although if it's too intimidating to start out in an RP guild when you're new to RP, that's alright too).

Again, welcome and it's truly a pleasure to have you on the server. Hopefully someone will find you Horde-side and show you around a little bit. =)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I don't know how I feel about the ever-increasing average height of the Ravenholdt population.
Reply Quote
51 Gnome Monk
02/17/2013 09:08 AMPosted by Cayreth
I don't know how I feel about the ever-increasing average height of the Ravenholdt population.

Kiss me, Cayreth, because I love you, even though you did kill me twice in Firelands you short bastard

sword

of a fear spammer, you!

/hug

;)

Anyway, Faevel welcome!

PvP - yes, you will from time to time get ganked. Not very often, and with very very few exceptions, not by a griefer. But it is a PvP server. That adds spice for me - I wouldn't have it any other way.

I was not only scared off by those who knew how to RP and the lore of the game, but by an ex guild mate who told me every single one of my characters were terrible and that I should never touch that side of the community again. *shudders uncomfortably*

I am glad you said 'ex guild mate' and not 'friend' - because that was no friend. My RP was SO BAD at first that one guild discussed blackballing me for forever. My first attempt at RP WAS the absolute WORST RP I have ever seen on any faction on any server. Not even a contest. The GM of the offended RP guild contacted me and spent the better part of two days helping me out on basics. Concepts, thinking through one's class, biography, motivations and aspirations. It isn't rocket science, but its not thoughtless either. More like writing a haiku, or a thoughtful card.
Edited by Stonesmiter on 2/17/2013 12:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
And I now run that guild. I am the proud and honored (truly) Warchief of <Bloodfury Clan>, as well as GM of <BARBARIANS>.

We do have some caustic and destructive critics on Ravenholdt, I would lie if I said otherwise. I would like to think that this is due to excessive dedication and perfectionism. Regardless, RP has the potential to be the most rewarding and satisfying aspect of the game - if it appeals to you.

Never let others control your game. It is yours. Your subscription, your character, your effort and your avatar and vehicle for expression. Contact me on either side if I can be of any service to you, and know that <BARBARIANS> was designed specifically to help people who were new to WoW, Ravenholdt and most especially RP. <BARBARIANS> is meant to be a relaxed and constructive place for you to get your bearings in any or all of those areas.

The help I got from experienced RPers made all the difference in the amount and depth of joy I got in this game. Seek us out. We won't bite.

And welcome to Ravenholdt!
Edited by Stonzgrinda on 2/17/2013 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
51 Gnome Monk
02/17/2013 06:45 AMPosted by Candela
Wow, I really can't believe how effective Durh's--if I recall correctly--Ravenholdt advertisement thread was/is. I'm both impressed and grateful!

No kidding! I am aware of maybe a dozen transfers - thereabouts. So far most are ambivalent or indifferent to RP, but all of them came seeking a friendlier realm - which they have.

Durh post FTW - not bad for a bovine named Durh!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
**Oh! I wanted to add in that...if I get to feeling comfortable with the PvP all day every day aspect of the server...I may roll some Night Elf females. >.> I'm way too addicted to them, and I do enjoy the Alliance a tad.

I don't know how I missed this in your OP.

Roll your Nelf chicky and join <BARBARIANS>

Dooo eeeet!

Do NOT /dance in front of the honorless and deranged Gnome who who thinks he runs that place though. Seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
02/17/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Stonesmiter
Kiss me, Cayreth, because I love you, even though you did kill me twice in Firelands you short bastard

That is a blatant lie and slander. I have never been to Firelands.

/smooch
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

That is a blatant lie and slander. I have never been to Firelands.

/smooch

Some Hyjal thing or other... I was 'Cata'-tonic by that point in that expansion...

Anyway, you pwnt me twicet.

And thanks for the kiss!
Edited by Stonzgrinda on 2/17/2013 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I too found the thread about this realm and I have moved a level 15 hunter over along with her heirloom and a small bit of gold. (don't do poor well, shudders).
I haven't really tried role playing and pvp terrifies me but CRZ was so bad I actually quit the game for months.

She's sitting on Alliance side right now kind of lost since all my other toons are horde lol.

I'm looking forward to making new friends and getting to know this realm!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Edited by Tîmelord on 3/4/2013 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
51 Gnome Monk
I too found the thread about this realm and I have moved a level 15 hunter over along with her heirloom and a small bit of gold. (don't do poor well, shudders).
I haven't really tried role playing and pvp terrifies me but CRZ was so bad I actually quit the game for months.

She's sitting on Alliance side right now kind of lost since all my other toons are horde lol.

I'm looking forward to making new friends and getting to know this realm!

Xilvontink, look us up. <BARBARIANS> was specifically designed for people in your shoes.

There is no obligation (there never is really - what can they do? put your toon in jail?), in fact I expect people to just move through BARBARIANS as a transition guild, but we are here to introduce people to WoW, RP, Ravenholdt and what the heck - Alliance side for that matter.

No one is obligated to do any of it - choose what you like.

Family friendly, Golden Rule, open minds - that is all we ask.

Edited to add: I am totally sympathetic on getting bearings on the Alliance side! I got lost in Elwynn Forest a couple of weeks ago. I've never capped anything but orcs. So you are in... company. I won't say "good" company, because that might be stretching it.
Edited by Stonesmiter on 2/18/2013 12:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
<BARBARIANS>

I feel like there's a joke about characters of short stature having all caps in their guild name, but, alas, the joke eludes me at the moment.

Oh! I got it!

"Your mother is so fat that they had to invent the caps lock key just so she could...."

No, wait, that doesn't sound right...

Oh!

"That's what she sai..."

No... that's not right either... Hmm.

Ah, hell. Let me get back to you on this one.
Reply Quote
51 Gnome Monk
02/18/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Cayreth
Ah, hell. Let me get back to you on this one.

/growl
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
lol I will look up Barbarians for sure. though she might be a bit.. Tall from the sounds of it...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Edited by Tîmelord on 3/4/2013 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/18/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Tîmelord
Don't let them trick you into fetching objects from the top shelf. Their people aren't meant to know the secrets of the highest drawer.

HAHA
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]