Resto druids, raid design and efficiency:

90 Troll Priest
02/18/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Alphadruid
You're confusing the standard progression card (I've killed more bosses than you so I am right when I say orcs are blue) with refuting a claim that a person is not familiar with game content (just because you earned gladiator last season doesn't mean you know anything about arena matches).

That's like saying 'heroic rag pre- geyser nerf on 25 man heroic was easy... I didn't kill it, but it was easy...'
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC

I'm only pointing this out because I'm trying to show you that raid history can really mean jack all to nothing when put into perspective. It's not the way to argue a case, and really, you don't want to use yourself as an example for the epitome of druid knowledge based upon "heroic experience".

Much of your summary of my raiding history is incorrect. In any event, what I said was that I have a long history of killing heroic bosses, not that I have a long history of killing those bosses which you've arbitrarily decided are difficult while you deem them to still be difficult.

I don't see how it's incorrect if this is about resto druids, not about mages or w/e toon you may or may not have completed everything on. Your "long history in heroic progression" as resto is really not that long and not that heroic progressed.

I didn't understand the other half of your paragraph so...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC

I don't see how it's incorrect if this is about resto druids, not about mages or w/e toon you may or may not have completed everything on. Your "long history in heroic progression" as resto is really not that long and not that heroic progressed.

I didn't understand the other half of your paragraph so...

I invite persons who care to check my armory and see for themselves if I have any heroic kills before T11. And that's just one several mistakes you made. But let's get back to the topic.

...This is really your response? So are you really going to just troll or are you going to contribute?

You say you have an adequate amount of heroic progression and then try to use the progression card on everyone; to prove that you're correct because of it. Then when I bring forward that you received the "hard" kills that you have at "easy" times of raiding because xyz reasons, you try to troll me and say "you fell for it ahahaha"????? What kind of BS is that, Alpha.

So, you're just going to keep preaching that druids are "bad" and "terrible" but when anyone questions you or tries to challenge your argument, all you can do is respond with is troll-like answers. Priceless.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/18/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Fleurs
So are you really going to just troll or are you going to contribute?

Priceless.

Fleurs and Annari have been trolling the druid forums since mop hit. Stop feeding them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Alphadruid:

Heroic Nefarion- 11/02/12 (MoP came out on 09/25/12)
Heroic Spine- 09/04/12 (all buffs possible to DS, MoP came out on 09/25/12, two weeks later)
Heroic Ragnaros- 05/18/12 (Firelands was released on 6/28/11, almost a year earlier)
No Heroic Ascendant Council kill
No Heroic Sinestra kill
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
02/18/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Tazor
So are you really going to just troll or are you going to contribute?

Priceless.

Fleurs and Annari have been trolling the druid forums since mop hit. Stop feeding them.

So because someone doesn't agree with you they're trolling? Because healing forum regulars oppose echo chambers it's trolling? Why not just go to the Druid forums then if you want an Echo chamber?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/18/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Tazor

*sigh*... at least spell my name properly.

02/18/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Alphadruid
Sorry but it's true. Resto druids were benched for heroic LK. We were bad in T11, bad in T13, and now we've been bad compared to the other healing classes in T14.

Being "bad" does not mean not topping healing meters. If it did five of the six healing specs would always be "bad."

H LK is valid, but it was a single difficulty of a single fight, and druids were fine in the rest of ICC. T11 is an awful, awful tier to base any judgment on, as the only class that could have been called "fine" was Holy Paladins. It's worth noting that druids pulled significantly ahead of Shaman as the tier progressed. T13 is also valid to an extent, but again, H Spine was the only major problem, and it was only a major problem if you were attempting it pre-nerf. And druids have been middle of the pack for the majority of T14.

"Bad" is a very subjective word, and in recent memory there's always been a spec that's been worse than druids.

02/18/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Alphadruid
None of these posts are contributing anything to the topic. Which is why I wanted to move on.

Would you like to be the pot or the kettle?

None of the responses in this thread save for Riôt's and the OP's have been on topic at all. I don't know about you guys, but I think I already know druids need better burst and mana control, it really doesn't need to be pointed out over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. What we need now are ideas for how to fix the problem, and we need to give these ideas more than a few posts worth of thought before forgetting about them.
Reply Quote
92 Troll Druid

...This is really your response? So are you really going to just troll or are you going to contribute?

None of these posts are contributing anything to the topic. Which is why I wanted to move on.

Your summary of my raid history was flat out wrong. Anyone who doubts that can verify by checking my armory for heroic kills before Cataclysm was released. That's not you "falling for it" that's you not knowing how to check achievements in the armory feature.

That someone has been doing something for years is relevant evidence that they know how to do it. It doesn't neccessarily mean that a specific claim that person makes about that activity is right or wrong but it absolutely does establish familiarity and experience.

If you think that is BS, you are going to find yourself in the minority throughout life.

Heroic Ragnaros Kill: 1 Date 05/18/2012
( Dragon Soul release date: 11/29/2011 )
Your kill was not relevant....

Heroic Sinestra Kill: 0

Heroic Madness of Deathwing Kill: 2 Date 09/04/2012
( Mop Release 11/25/2012 )
You kill was already with a HUGE nerf to an easy raid... not relevant...

Heroic Lich King 25-man Kill: 0

Heroic Lich King 10-man Kill:1 Date 11/7/2010
( Cataclysm Release 12/7/2010 )
Your kill... not relevant...

Illidan Stormrage Date 10/24/2009
( Wotlk release date 9/13/2008 )
lol...

No hand of Adal

Either you are just trolling, or you are delusional about your own feats in this game.
Edited by Sàtàn on 2/18/2013 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
nvm :).
Edited by Sensations on 2/18/2013 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/18/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Sensations
Last I checked fleur wasn't flaunting her kills?

: /

Those are Alphadruid's kill dates.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
02/18/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Sensations
So because someone doesn't agree with you they're trolling? Because healing forum regulars oppose echo chambers it's trolling? Why not just go to the Druid forums then if you want an Echo chamber?

02/18/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Fleurs

Can your guild be at least be somewhat consistent. Are you going to start crying and report Fluers like you did me?

02/15/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Sensations
Reported. Please Fangthorn, if you're going to accuse people of trolling the burden of proof is on YOU. If we were trolling we would've been banned since it's against the rules, but so is inciting a response as well as attempting to defame someones character.

You are a complete joke. You have to be the most thoughtless and unproductive poster on this forum.

Even when attempting to engage you in an actual discussion earlier in this thread, asking you to defend your "hurr durr" insult to another poster, you ran away and hid.

Another quality discussion, brought to you by "HC". 3 pages of armory checks, tacos and CJ-ing eachother against other posters.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
Even when attempting to engage you in an actual discussion earlier in this thread, asking you to defend your "hurr durr" insult to another poster, you ran away and hid.

Really? I guess you missed me replying to one of the few constructive posters in this thread, botty.
Edited by Sensations on 2/18/2013 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Druids would benefit from a spell similar to Uplift.

Can instantly consume the HoT(Rejuv) on up to 3 targets, healing them for the amount it would of ticked for.
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Shaman
The problems with Resto Druids have been discussed to death and I've yet to see any suggestions taking into consideration. Many Druids have quit because they haven't kept our toolkit up to date with the game.

We are asking for a less clunky Wild Mushroom, yet they are making it even worse. Yes the healing is going to be great, but inherently the idea to keep them stationary is outdated.

@OP
I pretty much agree with the idea that raid design no longer supports the model Druid healing is based off on. We don't really need more throughput as much as we need things that are unique and fun. As for the suggestions, they are suggestions and I don't agree on all of them, but some are nice and new that I have yet seen.

None of the responses in this thread save for Riôt's and the OP's have been on topic at all. I don't know about you guys, but I think I already know druids need better burst and mana control, it really doesn't need to be pointed out over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. What we need now are ideas for how to fix the problem, and we need to give these ideas more than a few posts worth of thought before forgetting about them.

I think that is what needs to be done, but we said it over thread fulls in Cata and WotLK and yet they haven't considered making any new changes to the class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]