The real Siege of Orgrimmar last boss...

90 Dwarf Warrior
...will be Malkorok. Garrosh doesn't have the personnality required to be the last boss. Sure, he is the big bad guy, but the leader doesn't always die the last. Garrosh is more of a front-lines guy. I can't see him hiding in his throne room while there is a battle going on. As a result, I can see him being the 3rd boss of the Siege. Malkorok would take his place as the leader of the Garrosh'ar Horde.

And Malkorok is way crazier than Garrosh. Chances of him abusing demonic and sha energies to a dangerous point are higher. Garrosh still has a bit of honor, Malkorok doesn't.
Edited by Cobble on 2/17/2013 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
So basically you're saying that Blizzard completely lied about Garrosh being the end boss?

Yes, that sounds like the greatest idea EVER.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
So basically you're saying that Blizzard completely lied about Garrosh being the end boss?

End boss doesn't necessarily means last boss. Just because their leader is dead, the Horde won't stop fighting. I just tough it could be interesting for the big bad guy not to be the last boss of his raid.
Reply Quote
I would disagree.

In spite of his significant role in Tides of War, Malkorok hasn't really played a big role in game so far. Garrosh is the one actually calling the shots and has already shown himself to be more then willing to dabble in dark and dangerous magic.

And while it's true that Garrosh wouldn't be the type to hide in Grommash Hold while a battle rages outside, there are ways for him to be running around the battlefield without him actually being killed before the final encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

End boss doesn't necessarily means last boss. Just because their leader is dead, the Horde won't stop fighting. I just tough it could be interesting for the big bad guy not to be the last boss of his raid.

End boss of Throne of Thunder is Lei-Shan. So again your logic is still flawed. Garrosh is still going to be the last boss, weather you meant this thread as satire or not.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Blizzard pulled this kind of bait and switch with Illidan in BC and it was awful. It cheapened both Illidan AND Kil'jaedan as characters.
Edited by Lochnar on 2/17/2013 12:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

End boss of Throne of Thunder is Lei-Shan. So again your logic is still flawed. Garrosh is still going to be the last boss, weather you meant this thread as satire or not.

The Mogu are different than Garrosh, though. We even see it Mogu'shan Palace where the current Mogu emperor retreats and lets others fight for him. Given this I can totally see the Thunder King doing the same thing.

I think Falrinn has a good idea. We, as players, could see Garrosh fighting from across the battlefield until finally we come face to face with him at the final encounter. That would be cool and could do a nice job of building up to fighting him while showing just how much more powerful we are than the common soldier.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Alright, only seeing Garrosh fight on the battlefield and fight him at the end could be another option.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Cobble
Alright, only seeing Garrosh fight on the battlefield and fight him at the end could be another option.

I dunno, there's something appealing about an emotionally unstable Garrosh hiding alone in his stronghold, trying to cope with his sha-induced, uncontrollable doubt, fear, hatred, violence and anger.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I don't recall Garrosh ever being called the End boss.

Just the last patch will involve dethroning him, leading to the logical conclusion that he is the last boss.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
Yes he was never called the End Boss.....

Unless Garrosh possesses Y'shaarj's brain-dead corpse after flesh-shaping it to complete functionality a front-lines guy like him won't be the End Boss of Seige of Orgrimmar.
Reply Quote

Unless Garrosh possesses Y'shaarj's brain-dead corpse after flesh-shaping it to complete functionality a front-lines guy like him won't be the End Boss of Seige of Orgrimmar.

Arthas was pretty 'front-lines' too. So was Deathwing for that matter....

Okay, here's a possible set-up for the "siege of Orgrimmar" where Garrosh will be "all front lines" and still the last boss. Garrosh, utilizing sha artifacts has warped the minds of the majority of the orcs of Orgrimmar. Not wanting to have to fight their way through an entire army of orcs they devise a diversionary action to make it possible for a 10/25 man group of the horde/alliance's greatest heroes to sneak in via narrow cave opening that leads into the drag.

Blah blah blah, bosses die, bosses dies, bosses die, you reach the chamber with the macguffin but because a 10/25 man raids idea of 'stealth' is to kill everything in their path, stop for frequent bathroom breaks and hold up when the tank gets wife Aggro, Garrosh is informed of the party's presence in time to try to stop them himself.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

Arthas was pretty 'front-lines' too. So was Deathwing for that matter....

Okay, here's a possible set-up for the "siege of Orgrimmar" where Garrosh will be "all front lines" and still the last boss. Garrosh, utilizing sha artifacts has warped the minds of the majority of the orcs of Orgrimmar. Not wanting to have to fight their way through an entire army of orcs they devise a diversionary action to make it possible for a 10/25 man group of the horde/alliance's greatest heroes to sneak in via narrow cave opening that leads into the drag.

Blah blah blah, bosses die, bosses dies, bosses die, you reach the chamber with the macguffin but because a 10/25 man raids idea of 'stealth' is to kill everything in their path, stop for frequent bathroom breaks and hold up when the tank gets wife Aggro, Garrosh is informed of the party's presence in time to try to stop them himself.

Yes but Arthas wanted us to reach throughout the entire expansion and Deathwing was on the front-lines. It's just that we had to break a siege first and then he ran away. Garrosh will want to slaughter every faction leader on the battlefield.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Cobble
Garrosh will want to slaughter every faction leader on the battlefield.

For which I refer you to the second part of my post. This is not an insurmountable problem, it can be written around quite easily.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/17/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Dorcy
Garrosh will want to slaughter every faction leader on the battlefield.

For which I refer you to the second part of my post. This is not an insurmountable problem, it can be written around quite easily.

True. But id rather have the raid be a battleground instead of us sneaking under Orgrimmar.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Did Blizzard say Garrosh was the last boss? Anyone got a source?

I know they said that the Siege of Orgrimmar was the last raid...
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Cobble
True. But id rather have the raid be a battleground instead of us sneaking under Orgrimmar.

Ugh, I hope not. As cool as a battleground would be, there is so much griefing potential in large wide open space with lots of mobs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm probably totally wrong, but I swear Blizz implied Garrosh wasn't going to die in the SoO. I just have this scene in my head with Varian holding a sword above the kneeling Garrosh and being like:

"I spare you because I'm the Good Guy!"
Edited by Threeslotbag on 2/17/2013 3:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I'm probably totally wrong, but I swear Blizz implied Garrosh wasn't going to die in the SoO. I just have this scene in my head with Varian holding a sword above the kneeling Garrosh and being like:

Don't...
Don't ever say this again!
Never. Neveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr!
*head explodes with rage*
Reply Quote

And then he gets arrowed from behind all Vol'jin style.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]