The real Siege of Orgrimmar last boss...

90 Human Warrior
No they meant the Alliance would be good guys. As for sparing Garrosh I'm going to say one thing.

NO QUARTER!!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I'd rather have Malkorok be the 5.3 equivalent of Bladermaster Ishi (although with much more development. I felt nothing toward Ishi at all). It's not going to be a raid patch, so I'm expecting to get another Landfall-esque story arc.
Edited by Drakresh on 2/17/2013 4:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
67 Pandaren Monk
The final boss will be Gamon
Reply Quote
So basically you're saying that Blizzard completely lied about Garrosh being the end boss?

Yes, that sounds like the greatest idea EVER.

End boss doesn't necessarily means last boss. Just because their leader is dead, the Horde won't stop fighting. I just tough it could be interesting for the big bad guy not to be the last boss of his raid.

No one said garrosh was going to die, he was just said not to be warchief anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I think it would be great for the Horde to revolt against garrosh, because he is a such a power hungry idiot. It will be interesting to see how it will all tie and who will be the next Warchief. From a lore perspective it will also be interesting to see what will happen after the siege, because Garrosh does have some followers, will they all disappear or go into hiding? Also the politics of Alliance vs. Horde will be fold out interesting, considering Thrall appointed Garrosh> Garrosh caused trouble> Garrosh dies/disappear/ dethroned or whatever.

Will the Alliance go completely bananas and have a full out war? or will they keep their diplomatic ties and forgive Thrall (to some extent). If anyone has read the Shattering we know that both factions would rather deal with their citizens in their own ways.
Reply Quote
Basically I'm getting the feeling that the op is attempting to associate Malkorok with Gul'dan and Garrosh is Blackhand.

03/17/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Aliiah
I think it would be great for the Horde to revolt against garrosh, because he is a such a power hungry idiot.

And it hasn't stopped the horde from following his orders.

Also the politics of Alliance vs. Horde will be fold out interesting, considering Thrall appointed Garrosh> Garrosh caused trouble> Garrosh dies/disappear/ dethroned or whatever.

Thrall should also be held accountable as he was the one who appointed Garrosh thinking it would do good.

It didn't.
Edited by Seebach on 3/17/2013 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
In fact the true "last" boss of Throne of Thunder is Ra-den, the Titanic Watcher-Construct hidden under Pandaria that was sent to command the mogu before Lei Shen defeated him 1v1.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
In fact the true "last" boss of Throne of Thunder is Ra-den, the Titanic Watcher-Construct hidden under Pandaria that was sent to command the mogu before Lei Shen defeated him 1v1.

I said that because you never know who will be the last.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
And Malkorok is way crazier than Garrosh. Chances of him abusing demonic and sha energies to a dangerous point are higher. Garrosh still has a bit of honor, Malkorok doesn't.

Agreed I don't trust Malkorok, Garrosh hated the Alliance before but it was only until Malkorok came along that Garrosh started abusing, threatening and "disappearing" his own people.

Yup I firmly believe that Garrosh's corruption is internal and external. Internal because he has a weak personally that allows him to be manipulated by those around him and external because Malkorok isdoing the manipulating and giving Garrosh ideas that will lead to another Dark Horde.

I also found it strangely convenient that Malkorok was standing out of range of the Bell when Garrosh used it. I would have assumed that Malkorok would have been one of the first to be "empowered" as Garrosh believed it would do.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Death Knight
So basically you're saying that Blizzard completely lied about Garrosh being the end boss?

Yes, that sounds like the greatest idea EVER.
To be fair.

They said we would go in and Dethrone him.

We still don't even know if we kill him or not-we only know that he will no longer be warcheif.

Whe know the end, but not what comes between.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Thrall should also be held accountable as he was the one who appointed Garrosh thinking it would do good.

It didn't.

When I read The Shattering, I didn't get the impression it was something that Thrall really wanted to do, but had limited options. I think he did feel accountable already with the death of Cairne, and the increased tensions between the Horde races.

Also how would we hold Thrall accountable? as in how would he be punished, after all he did help (and many others) to save Azeroth.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

It didn't.

When I read The Shattering, I didn't get the impression it was something that Thrall really wanted to do, but had limited options. I think he did feel accountable already with the death of Cairne, and the increased tensions between the Horde races.

Also how would we hold Thrall accountable? as in how would he be punished, after all he did help (and many others) to save Azeroth.

coulda appointed cairne or vol'jin and avoided all these problems.
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid

He couldn't appoint them because he knew the Orcs wouldn't go with them. Thrall already knows they were better choices; Garrosh was actually his last choice because for one reason or another his better choices couldn't fulfill the role (especially the case with Dranosh, who is inconveniently dead).

Frankly as silly as the Elemental Bonds quest line was, I think Thrall's gotten enough punishment for appointing Garrosh. His strongest doubt is Garrosh, his strongest rage is against Garrosh, and he has to live with the fact that the tauren he considered his brother, Cairne, is dead because of it.

One can only imagine his internal motivation to helping his troll brother will do for him in the next patch or so.
Edited by Seiryu on 3/19/2013 1:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Back on topic: I personally don't care where Malkorok is in the raid: first boss, last boss, whatever. I'll just be so glad to eventually slay him and then yell "That was for Kelantir Bloodblade, witch!*"

*with a B instead of a W, of course.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Warrior
I'm probably totally wrong, but I swear Blizz implied Garrosh wasn't going to die in the SoO. I just have this scene in my head with Varian holding a sword above the kneeling Garrosh and being like:

"I spare you because I'm the Good Guy!"

And then he gets arrowed from behind all Vol'jin style.

than they all die because sylvanas nukes org with the plague.
Reply Quote

What problem I see no problem?
Edited by Darmonic on 3/19/2013 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
The final boss will be Gamon

Come on!

End boss doesn't necessarily means last boss. Just because their leader is dead, the Horde won't stop fighting. I just tough it could be interesting for the big bad guy not to be the last boss of his raid.

No one said garrosh was going to die, he was just said not to be warchief anymore.

Him surviving the raid would be bad. Him surviving in this scenario would be stupid.

Basically I'm getting the feeling that the op is attempting to associate Malkorok with Gul'dan and Garrosh is Blackhand.

Kinda.
Reply Quote

Also, as to your question of holding Thrall accountable. If he feels as responsible for the plight of the horde as everyone claims he does, he'll accept the fate that befalls Garrosh at the end of SoO and be punished accordingly.

If its death for Garrosh, its death for Thrall.
Reply Quote
Frankly as silly as the Elemental Bonds quest line was, I think Thrall's gotten enough punishment for appointing Garrosh. His strongest doubt is Garrosh, his strongest rage is against Garrosh, and he has to live with the fact that the tauren he considered his brother, Cairne, is dead because of it.

Speculative at best. He had many doubts and much rage.

I conjecture that his greatest doubt was cairnes death, and his greatest rage was against the Alliance (but it was soooooooooo totally justified because Aggra said so, :rollseyes: )
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/20/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Seebach

Speculative at best. He had many doubts and much rage.

I conjecture that his greatest doubt was cairnes death, and his greatest rage was against the Alliance (but it was soooooooooo totally justified because Aggra said so, :rollseyes: )

You can cut the rant against Thrall. Your hatred for Thrall is as much as Garrosh's hate of the Alliance. Seriously just stop already. You may not like it but people still like Thrall or have.

~Aeluron Lightsong
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]