Bagamut's Resolution for "Ganking"

90 Troll Warrior
Many of you know that I support Ganking. I support anything PvP and I argue quite a bit on behalf of the PvP community.

After much thought on the issue, I believe I have finally come to a solution for PvP "Ganking" and "Corpse camping" as people "clearly" believe it to be an issue.

Just like when you die, you obtain a lengthier resurrection timer. If a character is ganked more than x amount of times within x amount of minutes. "Let's say 5 in 10 minutes (That's dead every 2 minutes), then they are able to resurrect at the Spirit Healer without taking Durability Loss or the Resurrection Sickness. This allows them to leave the area and venture elsewhere while avoiding their attackers.

This solution is for those who are getting killed continuously by the opposite faction.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I disagree with this post. If people can't survive in a pvp server they shouldnt have rolled on one.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
Are we defining ganking here as simply losing to another player in pvp?

... because the 90 kills a level 1 case is obvious, but there's also the two level 90's kill one level 90 - and the level 79 killing a level 78 case.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
The point of the idea is not to punish those who actively take part in PvP like myself but to assist those who do not have the power to pvp at that time. Lower level characters can rub back indeffinately and die again and again to pvpers camping them.

This idea allows those players who have not yet achieved pvp stature a way to leave the scene without punishing those that regularly pvp.

There's nothing stopping those players from taking res sickness in the first place and leaving the area. This way, they can attempt to continue their questing in that area and if it is still impossible to quest in that area, Blizzard can induct a mechanic that helps them leave the area.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior

... because the 90 kills a level 1 case is obvious, but there's also the two level 90's kill one level 90 - and the level 79 killing a level 78 case.

Regardless of level, if a character is unable to continue his questing in the area due to pvp activity, he is not "playing" the game he is paying for. I enjoy pvp. I have argued on the point of pvp for a long time now. But I also identify with the victims in these cases. If they are unable to do anything based on preventative mechanics such as Level difference or number difference, a way to assist them in getting out should be given.

What I am suggesting is not a get out of jail free card. Players are still able to take rez sickness whenever they want. I am merely suggesting that if they attempt to continue their questing in that area, after x amount of deaths back to back, a mechanic should trigger to assist them in getting out of that area.

In this case, a way to resurrect at the spirit healer without having to wait yet another 10 minutes of rez sickness and without having to pay the gold for the repair bill which is another few minutes of farming.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest

Regardless of level, if a character is unable to continue his questing in the area due to pvp activity, he is not "playing" the game he is paying for. I enjoy pvp. I have argued on the point of pvp for a long time now. But I also identify with the victims in these cases. If they are unable to do anything based on preventative mechanics such as Level difference or number difference, a way to assist them in getting out should be given.

I didn't ask about that. I don't really care to rehash the "pvp on pvp realms debate"

I simply asked about the mechanics of your idea, because it is unvetted and you haven't explained how it would actually work - how you calculate when someone has been ganked.

That decision of how a computer decides someone has been ganked, needs to be explained fully and made utterly clear.
Edited by Snowfox on 2/18/2013 10:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
If I'm getting camped I log off and play something else.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
my solution...

lets say a level 90 goes to a lower level questing area. that person or group just goes and kills the whole area of players trying to quest in that area. i would say for every 5 levels that the player is above the other player that they are killing they should have a certain amount of either honor points or conquest points taken from them. if not that, then start taking their pvp ratings. or if not that, start giving someone a debuff for every player that they kill that is lower level start giving them a 10% stat reduction that can stack up to a certain amount so that way people being camped could eventually defend themselves. (lasting more than a few minutes... like a 30 min - 1 hour debuff) i understand some people wouldnt care about this, but alot of people would. it would make them think twice before just going out and killing a whole zone of players.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/18/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Rezlack
I disagree with this post. If people can't survive in a pvp server they shouldnt have rolled on one.

Exactly. I started on a PvP server. I eventually decided I didn't like the play style so I rerolled. We didn't even have a transfer option back then. If people don't want to be ganked and camped they need to move to a PvE server. The end.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I didn't ask about that. I don't really care to rehash the "pvp on pvp realms debate"

I simply asked about the mechanics of your idea, because it is unvetted and you haven't explained how it would actually work - how you calculate when someone has been ganked.

That decision of how a computer decides someone has been ganked, needs to be explained fully and made utterly clear.

I may not be the best at this. The way I would do it is place it within some sort of if statement. Example being If player A dies => 3 times in =< 5 minutes then place Sanctuary Buff.

So if a player dies to another player 3 times within 5 minutes, they are either able to rez at the spirit healer with no rez sickness and no durability loss, or they are given an option to rez in the nearest neutral/faction specific outpost.

02/18/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Cuahtemoc
If I'm getting camped I log off and play something else.

You shouldn't have to.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
my solution...

lets say a level 90 goes to a lower level questing area. that person or group just goes and kills the whole area of players trying to quest in that area. i would say for every 5 levels that the player is above the other player that they are killing they should have a certain amount of either honor points or conquest points taken from them. if not that, then start taking their pvp ratings. or if not that, start giving someone a debuff for every player that they kill that is lower level start giving them a 10% stat reduction that can stack up to a certain amount so that way people being camped could eventually defend themselves. (lasting more than a few minutes... like a 30 min - 1 hour debuff) i understand some people wouldnt care about this, but alot of people would. it would make them think twice before just going out and killing a whole zone of players.

I can't agree with this because you are punishing someone for pvping on a pvp server. These are the arguments I fight against because a player who is killing someone else regardless of numbers / levels should NOT be punished for merely doing what the realm supports.

My suggestion does not punish the attacker but allows the victim a way out of the situation without reducing their playtime further by applying rez sickness and durability loss
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/18/2013 10:14 AMPosted by Bándet
That way people won't corpse camp you, because they have better things to do than wait around for 5 minutes.

Unless Reszo.
Reply Quote
For my pvp resolution it looks like my monitor is set at 800x800 vga...

>.>

<.<

Oh...."that" kind of resolution...I'll be going now...don't mind me.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
I may not be the best at this. The way I would do it is place it within some sort of if statement. Example being If player A dies => 3 times in =< 5 minutes then place Sanctuary Buff.

So if a player dies to another player 3 times within 5 minutes, they are either able to rez at the spirit healer with no rez sickness and no durability loss, or they are given an option to rez in the nearest neutral/faction specific outpost.

Okay, so you don't see it as being level based... it's just # of times some has died?

So if a 90 ganks another 90 enough times... that 90 could rez at the spirit healer with no dura loss?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Okay, so you don't see it as being level based... it's just # of times some has died?

So if a 90 ganks another 90 enough times... that 90 could rez at the spirit healer with no dura loss?

Correct. Regardless of level, if someone is being prevented from progressing in World of Warcraft, they are not having fun and should be given some assist. There was nothing stopping them from taking rez sickness in the first place. This new mechanic will simply give them a way of not taking the durability / rez sickness after a few tries on their behalf.

If they are willing to try and res up and fight back or run away but are unable to, they should have a little help in my opinion. It's not that they didn't try, it's that they couldn't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I am Xorno and I support this message.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Your suggestion doesn't cover graveyard camping though...
Reply Quote
Give the ability to hearth while dead and rez in the closest faction capitol graveyard. If you use your hearth while dead it rezes you in the Grave yard. (felt I needed to clarify a bit.)

And From what I understand while being killed by another player you do not take durb damage. THis gave rise to players just doing enough damage to another player that the npc could pick them off, and cause damage to gear.
Edited by Subjectalpha on 2/18/2013 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]