[A/H] Cross-faction RP - Uldum Expedition

100 Draenei Mage
Greetings, travelers!

I know we all adore our home, whether it be the Spires of Stormwind, the soothing sounds of the Exodar, delightful Darnassus, the fires of Ironforge, or even the clean air of Gnomer- Disregard that last detail. However, I am sure there are times where we would not mind seeing the sights of faraway lands!

I come to you with an invitation... to Uldum; a land lost to time and touched by Titans.

This is an exploratory expedition, to better see and understand this land. Whether you are a wealthy socialite, an aspiring explorer, a curious historian, or simply someone who wants to see what lays beyond the horizon (not to mention those of you interested in plundering local tombs), this is your chance to experience Uldum!

We will begin the journey from Gadgetzan, traveling quickly and by caravan across the Abyssal Sands. Upon reaching the Gate of Unending Cycles we will slow to a brisk pace, enabling travelers to take in the wonder of Khartut's Tomb. Following this, we will cross the Vir'naal River and journey into Ramkahen. Participants will be encouraged to enjoy the pleasant gardens within or fish from the Vir'naal Lake.

After a time, the expedition will makes its way across the Vir'naal's sister river, traveling along the riverbank to Mar'at. Here you may sample local fares and visit the Tol'vir Cultural Center. See the fine craftsmanship of these noble people, explore one of their seaworthy vessels along the dock, and take time to relax among the locals.

Following this, we make our last trip to: the Vir'naal Dam. Take your time to appreciate this wonder of engineering, whether you choose to do so above or below the surface (the brochure encourages you to do both). Gaze out over the running water that rushes to the sea and marvel at the no longer hidden beauty of the Vir'naal lake.

At last, the expedition will return to Ramkahen, where a flight master will be waiting to return participants home, or if you do not mind parting with a few coins, a mage can send you anywhere else at your convenience.

The admission fee for this journey is 5 gold pieces, with all proceeds going to finance the protection necessary for the trip.

---

We are seeking mercenaries and soldiers to accompany the caravan and provide it with protection against the local wildlife. Any and all guardians will be allotted 25 gold for their services apiece.

---

So, this is an attempt I would like to make at bringing RP outside the cities (and into another, hah!) and get people out into the world. Uldum has a very nice setting and I thought an expedition might be fun!

There is no level requirement! All that is asked is you have the flight point to Gadgetzan or another means of getting there.

We start from Gadgetzan and cross Tanaris on ground mounts with the hired muscle to clear the way and stop at the Gates of Unending Cycles to make sure everyone is present. From there we will slow to a walk (to let people see the sights... and let our mercenaries properly clear a path >.> I never said it would be safe).

We will only be spending 30 minutes at each location to make things simple. After each stop there will be a notice the expedition is moving out, followed by a headcount. After making the circuit you may either take a flight out of Uldum or receive a portal from a mage (tips are nice, not required).

Military and mercenary guilds, this is your time to shine! Show off that voodoo that you do so well and protect the caravan!

NOTE!

This is not faction specific! I will be looking for anyone willing to coordinate with me Horde-side! As such, we will have people from both factions joining us. No rude behavior! Keep it civil and enjoy the cross-faction RP!

DETAILS!

Time
March 2, 7:00 P.M.
The expedition will depart at 7:00 server time. You are welcome to join at any hour, just make sure you have a ride or a 'lock. ;)

Place
We will meet at Gadgetzan, cross Tanaris, explore Uldum, and send you back home!

Purpose
To encourage cross-faction RP and RP outside the city!

NOTE
Those low in level must stay with the caravan! Venturing off on your own is detrimental to your health!

You do not have to stay for the full duration of the trip! A mage can port you at any time!

You do not have to visit every location! You can stop and stay within a certain checkpoint for extended RP or if you just enjoy it there. ;)

BE CIVIL AND KEEP IT CLEAN! NO GRIEFING BETWEEN FACTIONS!
Edited by Vyrael on 2/24/2013 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
This sounds great! I'll pass word around to the guildies. Hopefully I won't have anything going on that day.
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Priest
Oh you know Sadiyyah is going to go to this! This fits right in with her trade route and the added protection would be something she'd very much appreciated. I'd love for her to also have more cross-faction RP as she's no stranger to Horde, but finding the right people to do business with is... tricky.

Plus! Sadiyyah could volunteer by providing barrels of water for weary travelers. If it's the creatures that don't kill you, the desert will - dehydration is no joke!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Addendum

(Since I ran out of room.)

POSITIONS

ALLIANCE EXPEDITION COORDINATOR - Vyrael

HORDE EXPEDITION COORDINATOR - Swobu

ALLIANCE DEFENSE
Ellijaah
Teryani

HORDE DEFENSE
N/A

NOTE
There can be more than one Defense Coordinator per faction if people enlist members of their guild to guard the caravan. I say this under the assumption guildmates will be more comfortable receiving orders from their guild representative. However, cooperation between guilds (and even factions) is strongly encouraged.

Expedition coordinators will be responsible for gathering people together and leading them, pointing the guard in the right direction, and giving announcements.

Defense... do I really need to explain what they'll be doing?

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THESE POSITIONS, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR NAME!
Edited by Vyrael on 2/27/2013 8:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
02/18/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Vandrysse
This sounds great! I'll pass word around to the guildies. Hopefully I won't have anything going on that day.

Much appreciated! The more the merrier! =D

Oh you know Sadiyyah is going to go to this! This fits right in with her trade route and the added protection would be something she'd very much appreciated. I'd love for her to also have more cross-faction RP as she's no stranger to Horde, but finding the right people to do business with is... tricky.

Plus! Sadiyyah could volunteer by providing barrels of water for weary travelers. If it's the creatures that don't kill you, the desert will - dehydration is no joke!

And a welcome addition at that! Cross-faction RP had always been... strained, to say the least. By operating under a neutral banner and doing something nonviolent, I hope that the circumstance will encourage friendlier interaction!

And the Uldum Expedition would be very grateful for any water provided! We may have mercy for each other, but the sun does not. Also, dress appropriately! Hats and clothing that keep the sun off your skin is a must!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
*arm flail*

Adventures? In Uldum?? *squees* I'll post this up in our guild forums and spread the word... And I'll -definitely- do my best to make it!

<33
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
*arm flail*

Adventures? In Uldum?? *squees* I'll post this up in our guild forums and spread the word... And I'll -definitely- do my best to make it!

<33

I hope you do! And thank you for spreading the word! People need to see more pyramids! >=3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
*arm flail*

<33

I hope you do! And thank you for spreading the word! People need to see more pyramids! >=3

They do! And who could hate the art style of Uldum/egypt-y goodness?! For serious. *fist pump*
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage

They do! And who could hate the art style of Uldum/egypt-y goodness?! For serious. *fist pump*

DANCE LIKE AN EGYPTIAN!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Let's see how many people get "captured by the locals"
Reply Quote
38 Blood Elf Paladin
I wish Pheola was a high enough level, I don't think Svelis would enjoy going on an expedition.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
traveling atm or I'd definitely volunteer to coordinate horde-side. Some of us should totally be here, we are a Museum and group of explorers and preservationists.
Edited by Sef on 2/18/2013 3:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Prikka's passed this on to the guildies. Hopefully you get the interest you need for this event!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

DANCE LIKE AN EGYPTIAN!

*egyptian dance, go! (and I'm talking like 'Walk like an egyptian... THE BANGLES!)* ~weyyyy OHHH weeyyyy OHH wey oh wey ohhhhh
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
This sounds really interesting! Can't wait!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Sounds awesome! Tentatively schedule me for now, but barring any unfortunate events I should be able to make it!
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Priest
And a welcome addition at that! Cross-faction RP had always been... strained, to say the least. By operating under a neutral banner and doing something nonviolent, I hope that the circumstance will encourage friendlier interaction!

And the Uldum Expedition would be very grateful for any water provided! We may have mercy for each other, but the sun does not. Also, dress appropriately! Hats and clothing that keep the sun off your skin is a must!

Then I will be seeing you there, Vyrael! I'll get the barrels ready and possibly acquire a camel to haul my wares across the sands and beyond - they seem better suited for traveling over different terrain.

As for our brothers and sister in red, I look forward to meeting with you and indulging in some much needed cross-faction RP. <3
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
02/18/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Theogpanda
Let's see how many people get "captured by the locals"

We can always buy them back with coconuts.

02/18/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Sef
traveling atm or I'd definitely volunteer to coordinate horde-side. Some of us should totally be here, we are a Museum and group of explorers and preservationists.

No worries. Always next time. =)

02/18/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Lydianee
This sounds really interesting! Can't wait!

Neither can I!

02/18/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Arcaeon
Sounds awesome! Tentatively schedule me for now, but barring any unfortunate events I should be able to make it!

We'll see when the day comes, until then, rest easy!
Reply Quote
38 Blood Elf Paladin
On second thought; I may have Pheola attend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]