Medivh

I don't really know much about Medivh other than the WC3 stuff and how he was controlled by Sargeras to open the Dark Portal on Azeroth's side.

Is he dead? Is he missing? If he came back before the Siege of Orgrimmar, what would his outlook be on the faction war? Would he be an Alliance hero? Would he be neutral?

If he's dead, how did he die?
Reply Quote
He was killed by Khadgar and a couple other people, forgot who exactly. All I remember is that Khadgar was with them, and was cursed at that moment, which is why he looks 70-80 while actually being around 40. That hapenned at the end of the First War. After being killed, he was redeemed, sort of.

Ever seen Medivh's coin in Dalaran?

"<You sense the ringing of three tones in your head, the third barely audible under the others' din.>"

The three tones symbolized the three paths or destinies, sort of. His role as a Guardian, what his mother wanted him to be. Sargeras using him as a weapon. And the last one was his own. To break free of those destinies. After being killed for the first time, he knew about the Burning Legion and wanted to warn the people of Azeroth. After that, he left.

He's not coming back. He said it himself, the world won't need Guardians anymore. It will take care of itself.
Edited by Aeliren on 2/19/2013 5:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
He was killed by Khadgar and a couple other people, forgot who exactly. All I remember is that Khadgar was with them, and was cursed at that moment, which is why he looks 70-80 while actually being around 40. That hapenned at the end of the First War. After being killed, he was redeemed, sort of.

"<You sense the ringing of three tones in your head, the third barely audible under the others' din.>"

The three tones symbolized the three paths or destinies, sort of. His role as a Guardian, what his mother wanted him to be. Sargeras using him as a weapon. And the last one was his own. To break free of those destinies. After being killed for the first time, he knew about the Burning Legion and wanted to warn the people of Azeroth. After that, he left.

He's not coming back. He said it himself, the world won't need Guardians anymore. It will take care of itself.

On his WoWpedia page, it says he was in Thrall:Twilight of the Aspects.

While chasing an image of the lost Dragon Aspect Nozdormu in the Caverns of Time, Thrall encountered Medivh in the form of a black raven, who somehow knew that Thrall was from another time and that he was looking for Nozdormu.

I don't really remember that though.
Reply Quote
It was an alternate reality Medivh.

Metzen himself said he wanted Medivh's story to be done after he left in WCIII. Unfortunately, he went back on his word and let the guy appear in the comics in a message left to his son.
Reply Quote

On his WoWpedia page, it says he was in Thrall:Twilight of the Aspects.

While chasing an image of the lost Dragon Aspect Nozdormu in the Caverns of Time, Thrall encountered Medivh in the form of a black raven, who somehow knew that Thrall was from another time and that he was looking for Nozdormu.

I don't really remember that though.

It was a Medivh from another time. Medivh was a VERY powerful mage. So powerful, Kil'jaeden himself was afraid of him. He could probably have easily known or guessed that Thrall was from another timeline, and guess why he was there. He also had that habbit of turning into a raven. I haven't read the book myself though (Don't worry, I'm not afraid of spoilers), so I'm just speculating.
Edited by Aeliren on 2/19/2013 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
It was an alternate reality Medivh.

Metzen himself said he wanted Medivh's story to be done after he left in WCIII. Unfortunately, he went back on his word and let the guy appear in the comics in a message left to his son.

Med'an = One of the worst moves by Blizzard. The world doesn't need Guardians anymore, even less one who's a kid with four differant heritages with ultimate powers.

What's with this, making super powerful kid heroes that are oh-so special? Is it just me, or am I seeing this happen more and more often?

Bah. Imma stop complaining now.
Edited by Aeliren on 2/19/2013 6:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well. That makes em sad. He was a powerful Mage that could turn into a Raven, and they gave flight form to Druids.

I see how it is, Blizzard.

Thanks for the info though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hes alive....kinda hes an eternal which is a being beyond normal life and death. I wouldn't doubt he returns despite what Metzen has said nothing is ever solid in the Warcraft universe.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The whole, "Azeroth doesn't need guardians anymore" thing kind of falls apart when you take into account the threats facing the planet, and then look at our characters.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I would like to meet him in the current Azeroth. Not being involved in the story. Just chillin in some place so that we know he's there. Could be fishing with Nat Pagle or something.
Reply Quote
If they bring anyone back I really hope its Medivh. Screw Illidan.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/19/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Veloran
The whole, "Azeroth doesn't need guardians anymore" thing kind of falls apart when you take into account the threats facing the planet, and then look at our characters.

He meant *Guardians* The super Mage class.

*Does it in a cheesy way*

ITS A SUPER MAGE!!!
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Aeluron

ITS A SUPER MAGE!!!

I wouldn't mind being a super mage, although with alter time every 1.5 min I feel like a super mage in BGs.
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Searik
If they bring anyone back I really hope its Medivh. Screw Illidan.

I can agree to this.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I have that undeniable feeling that they are bringing Medivh back during the Burning Legion expansion. After all blizz has done with say Muradin being alive, and bringing back other such characters I just have that feeling.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/19/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Searik

ITS A SUPER MAGE!!!

I wouldn't mind being a super mage, although with alter time every 1.5 min I feel like a super mage in BGs.

*Rhonin's hair turns Yellow*: THIS IS TO GO....EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!!!!

Sorry I had to.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
Pretty sure Medivh is alive. Didn't Aegwynn revive him after Khadgar and gang kicked his behind?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/19/2013 09:06 PMPosted by Irøh
Pretty sure Medivh is alive. Didn't Aegwynn revive him after Khadgar and gang kicked his behind?

He was alive as of Warcraft 3, but we haven't seen hide or hair of him since then. For all we know, he may have died since then.

His intentions were certainly clear: "To take my place among the legends of the past," and as far as we know that is exactly what he has done.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I think he is alive, but he was kill by Lothar at first. He left in WC3 and I don't think he plans on showing himself anymore even though he is still alive from the looks of it.

Not sure how he dies and come back but they should write a book on the events of him relating to how he comes back in WC3.
Edited by Suwukong on 2/20/2013 5:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Not sure how he dies and come back but they should write a book on the events of him relating to how he comes back in WC3.

I think they mentioned it in a book. Cycle of Hatred, maybe.

His mom resurrected him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]