Burst nerf in 5.2

90 Tauren Shaman
the damage is a bit too high, but I feel like its only a select few classes. Windwalkers, mages, and rogues are the biggest culprits
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Remember how much everyone loved cata pvp?

Oh right, no one because it was garbage and boring

I don't think the gameplay in Cata was it's downfall.

It was the cluster!@#$ of s9 with the warrior 1 shot macro that makes this seasons warriors look like garbage, mid season MMR / Rating reset, followd by ANOTHER exploit to high ratings.

No s10 MMR resets so LITERALLY NOBODY PLAYED PAST 2400 (except 2 or 3 teams per server making glad nearly impossible)

s11 was legendary rogues and cunning of the lulz.

I think s10 would have been a decent season if not for all the total screw ups blizz did killing the ladders.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Is the ridiculous burst AND CC that every class has now going to be toned down in 5.2?

Sick of getting globaled CC -> dead in arenas...

Well I got some good news then. Played some games as ret/war/healer and let me tell u that u dont have to worry about getting cc'd, was able to global a few people without it. Game sux
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/20/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Juvx
L2 adapt

Really, so that is the problem that there are no dps shamans not many dk, ret and etc classes in arena, they just unable to adapt, so much for those skills right.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/20/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Lavatots
They mentioned possibly buffing base res to 50%, but I'm not sure that's the answer.

Uh no, Ghostcrawler specifically mentioned:

"We don't think it's appropriate just to nerf everyone's PvP damage by 15% or something just in case."

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923993861?page=23#442
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 01:38 AMPosted by Kerrighan
If everyone has CC and everyone has burst and everyone can global in CC, then why you don't do as everyone?
Because I thought the game was supposed to be fun? If you think Mongoloiding and tunneling a healer 100% of a match is fun, you play bad and you should feel bad.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
There is no l2adapt, burst is burst and I just got off of PTR recently and lets just say, it's not only worse, but a few classes that I won't mention (MAGE) can hit for 320+ frostbolts with full Tyran gear on (65%+ resil).

I looked at mmo history and look at blue posts saying burst needs to be controlled and witness PTR (that comes out in 2 weeks now) and actually wonder if Blizzard really knows what they are saying versus what they are doing.

320k frostbolts? Yea and then you woke up from your wet dream. No one can take you seriously when you make up retarded numbers like that. 320k frostbolt is absolutely impossible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
02/20/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Lavatots
They mentioned possibly buffing base res to 50%, but I'm not sure that's the answer.

which would only kill stable constant/spread damage classes even more

burst or get bursted forevermore
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]