What DPS to level in 5.2?

Hey all, looking to level a DPS in 5.2. I'm not sure what I want to play though. I'm burnt out on Druid for a while, and I have a DK at 90 at the moment.

I'm leaning toward Rogue, I've always liked their playstyle. Looking into Warlock and Shadow Priest a bit, and maybe even hunter.

Anyone want to point me in the right direction? :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hey all, looking to level a DPS in 5.2. I'm not sure what I want to play though. I'm burnt out on Druid for a while, and I have a DK at 90 at the moment.

I'm leaning toward Rogue, I've always liked their playstyle. Looking into Warlock and Shadow Priest a bit, and maybe even hunter.

Based on the recently announced buffs, I'm going to guess that destro locks are going to be the new pve kings.

I have no proof of this, but green fire needs to do more than just tickle. Would be a shame if they introduced the new, epic questline if nobody plays destro.

If you're looking for a flavor of the month, roll a lock. They seem to be getting the lion's share of the dev's love this xpac.

If that's not enough for you, then play whatever feels fun. Every class can do well in the right hands.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

Based on the recently announced buffs, I'm going to guess that destro locks are going to be the new pve kings.

I have no proof of this, but green fire needs to do more than just tickle. Would be a shame if they introduced the new, epic questline if nobody plays destro.

If you're looking for a flavor of the month, roll a lock. They seem to be getting the lion's share of the dev's love this xpac.

If that's not enough for you, then play whatever feels fun. Every class can do well in the right hands.

The Dev who has been giving them all that love has literally been fired for it.

Some of his ideas and creations are still making their way into the game, of course.

Warlock changes have been very awesome thematically - but, really, there's no sign at all that they're the class to go to if you want to be Amazing in Raids or Amazing in PvP. They're not bad, of course. And they are just about the only DPS class left with three truly different and distinct DPS specs.
Reply Quote
Boomking
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/20/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Sylassanna
but, really, there's no sign at all that they're the class to go to if you want to be Amazing in Raids

lol
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

Some of his ideas and creations are still making their way into the game, of course.

Warlock changes have been very awesome thematically - but, really, there's no sign at all that they're the class to go to if you want to be Amazing in Raids or Amazing in PvP. They're not bad, of course. And they are just about the only DPS class left with three truly different and distinct DPS specs.

What on earth are you talking about?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
02/21/2013 05:03 AMPosted by Lethani

The head dev for the warlock class was fired for leaking info about the class if i recall. Pretty sure they keep the hunter an shammy one locked in rooms with no light an fed a steady diet of horse tranquilizers and rat meat.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/21/2013 06:57 AMPosted by Talva

The head dev for the warlock class was fired for leaking info about the class if i recall. Pretty sure they keep the hunter an shammy one locked in rooms with no light an fed a steady diet of horse tranquilizers and rat meat.

It's been stated more than once that there are no class heads. The team as a whole is responsible for all class balance. The guy you're referring to was let go over arguments for warlock changes, yes, but he wasn't the 'Warlock class lead'.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I don't feel like you know what you are talking about. They are pretty amazing and sought-after in raids. As for pvp, I don't know. Doesn't sound right though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]