Ret going be solid in 5.2 ?

90 Human Paladin
Ret going be solid in 5.2 ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Arena yes
Rbgs will still be in the shadows of other melee (dk/rogue/possibly monk)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Arenas yes, will be awesome.
RBGs will be the same.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just as a note about the RBG thing we will be better off than we are currently in RBGs if you happen to have a group that will take you we just don't have any real mechanic that would make groups desire a ret over a ranged class or even some other melees that have a gimmick ability. So really we will be less awful than we are currently in RBGs just no good per say.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/20/2013 10:09 PMPosted by Mavericace
Just as a note about the RBG thing we will be better off than we are currently in RBGs if you happen to have a group that will take you we just don't have any real mechanic that would make groups desire a ret over a ranged class or even some other melees that have a gimmick ability. So really we will be less awful than we are currently in RBGs just no good per say.

Hate to burst your bubble buddy..
But I got to disagree with you.
We will be exactly the same.
Although our damaged has been buffed, so was DKs damage.
Rogues have stupid control and insane opening damage so although we didn't see Many of them this season, they'll be back in force next season.
Plus both rogues and dks still have those 'gimmick' abilities and we don't.. So really nothing's changed. It may even be worse now with how
Monks are in PTR.. We'll be awesome in arena but I'm very doubtful about rbgs..
Doesn't bother me, I'll just arena in ret and rbg in frost :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, competitive RBG groups tend to gravitate towards ranged over melee in general outside of your token DK for solarbeam GG vortex. Warriors tended to be the exception as they were the best go-to melee class for all purposes for 5.0/1.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I empathize with Ret as a F.Druid. Both of our healing is awful, as a hybrid class that used to have the advantage of being able to self-heal we now have worse self-heals than every other class due to terrible/bad/poor/awful game design pertaining to homogenization of game mechanics and aren't given anything to compensate to differentiate ourselves or stand out. At least we can put a healing debuff on healers so we can pressure them, oh wait.

As the Arch-Druid of ALL DRUIDS I suggest that we F.Druids and R.Paladins combine forces and you use us as your chargers in stag form.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]