Keyboard turning.

90 Tauren Paladin
How can I stop myself from doing it. Its frustrating me immensely but since the first day the game came out I've never ever tried to move myself away from the keyboard as far as turning goes. I'm a clicker plain and simple. I bought a nifty Razer keyboard and mouse but it gets used the same way as if I had the standard computers mouse and keyboard.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
Bind A and D to strafe left and right so you can't keyboard turn even if you try.

Keybinding is just trial and error. Start binding some keys your comfortable with, then add more, then add some shift/ctrl+(Previous keybind) etc.
Edited by Ðemolition on 2/13/2013 12:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
73 Dwarf Warrior
Bind A and D to strafe left and right so you can't keyboard turn even if you try.

Keybinding is just trial and error. Start binding some keys your comfortable with, then add more, then add some shift/ctrl+(Previous keybind) etc.

This is what I did.

It might be hard to keybind now that you're such a high level, but do not let that keep you from trying. It will just take time for you to get used to like anything.

For me, I started a brand new toon, set up a bunch of keybinds on my action bars (I believe I have 1-5, Q, E, Z, X, C, V, B, F, G, R, H, then shift modifiers for all of those), bound A and D to strafe (Some also unbind S so they don't backpedal, but as a tank it's too useful just for repositioning purposes), and leveled up naturally, getting and placing abilities one at a time and getting used to them.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Like Demo said, replace your current "turn" keys with "strafe" keys. That will force you to use the mouse to turn.

Also, as has been mentioned, keybind your abilities to the keys around your movement keys. This frees up your mouse to do important turny-things, rather than clicking on your abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I will do that! Thanks guys! I love tanking too! <3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You will be amazed at how fast your mind and body adapt. You will be happy you did it, as well. But it is one of those things you just have to say "I am going to do it and never go back".
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/13/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Ðemolition

This is the best way to do it, personally I have asd as strafe, forward and strafe, it also opens up qwe for bindings which are very conveniently placed.

Funny thing is me and the DK tank in my ten man we're talking about how hard Will of the Emperor would be if we keyboard turned, you simply can't manage to avoid 10 strikes while maintaining good damage, and preparing for the bosses that hit like freaking trucks.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
02/13/2013 06:21 PMPosted by Felshifter
Funny thing is me and the DK tank in my ten man we're talking about how hard Will of the Emperor would be if we keyboard turned, you simply can't manage to avoid 10 strikes while maintaining good damage, and preparing for the bosses that hit like freaking trucks.

I pulled off 9 dances in a row keyboard turning as an experiment.
Stomp got me on 10 :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Interestingly enough, I just made a small video for a fellow guildy not 2 days ago due to them struggling on WoTE. I believe it was due to how they move, so that's what the video is about.

If you're interested in it OP, contact me in-game and I'll give you the url. There's several videos, 1 of them is over movement, the other is over strafing at full speed while still blocking/dodging/parrying, 1 of them shows me doing LFR WoTE, and then I have one that's just a random run of Jade Temple to see it all put together.

I don't really go into keybinds, but I could probably throw one together if you wanted, or you can google, there's a lot of video's already available.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

I pulled off 9 dances in a row keyboard turning as an experiment.
Stomp got me on 10 :(

Looking for successful keyboard turning video on H Imperial Vizier with double attenuation.
Edited by Snaptaunt on 2/14/2013 1:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
bunch of haters! i keyboard turn exclusively and only use my mouse for when i have to click on the dead bodies or quest people :p (or rarely used abilities like ox statue, and of course the targeting reticule)

while we haven't attempted heroic will or heroic vizier yet, i can say i don't remember the last time i got hit by a devastation or an attenuation on normal and i do quite well on dps and keeping shuffle up during those periods

honestly the trick is to only do quarter/half turns and strafe away instead of attempting to turn all the way around

if we can get H four kings down this week i will make sure to record any attempts we do on will of the emp :P
Reply Quote
71 Tauren Paladin
Like Demo said, replace your current "turn" keys with "strafe" keys

That helped me a ton then slowly add more...I have my 'rotation' keys done but still click on some rarely used ones:)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Thanks guys! I love this forum. So much great information here!
Reply Quote
67 Draenei Death Knight
Sometimes in 5mans I keyboard turn if I'm lazy. Its PvP that you really need to use your mouse.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]