LFG changes

90 Night Elf Hunter
Does anyone know why the daily LFG reward became once a day not seven per week again?

I just re-subed and was wondering why Blizzard had reverted back to forcing everyone to log in once a day for their LFG que rewards.

Also "because blizzard hates your soul" is not an answer, sorry try again.

Anas
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Because Blizzard wants you to play once per day, instead of once per week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Does anyone know why the daily LFG reward became once a day not seven per week again?

I just re-subed and was wondering why Blizzard had reverted back to forcing everyone to log in once a day for their LFG que rewards.

Also "because blizzard hates your soul" is not an answer, sorry try again.

Anas

Is this coming in 5.2 or did I miss something?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Because rather than have only one shot a day at grinding valor making it a requirement to log on every 24 hrs they gave every LFD a valor reward and then also quests grant a valor reward as well as scenarios grant a valor reward and raid bosses and LFR.

They moved the big 80 valor honey pot to a daily so that you wouldn't be able to log on and valor cap by chaining 7 10 min heroics back to back then log out until your raid day.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
@ Dorider it used to be in the game during cataclysm

@ Fitsi but why is getting your Valor cap in one day a "problem" what's wrong w/ doing it all in one or two sittings?

That's really what I was asking is the Why, not a confirmation that yes it got changed....

Anas
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The problem is that it leads to LFD/LFR becoming depopulated late in the week.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
@ Dorider it used to be in the game during cataclysm

@ Fitsi but why is getting your Valor cap in one day a "problem" what's wrong w/ doing it all in one or two sittings?

That's really what I was asking is the Why, not a confirmation that yes it got changed....

Anas

You still can do it in one day, it's just not a freebie. WoW would be a ghost town half the week if the entire raiding population logged in Tuesday, did 7 heroics @ 80 valor each then cleared 6 raid bosses to cap. Why log in again before the next raid?

I don't think this is theory crafting, I believe blizzard observed this behavior and deliberately designed MoP to counter it. Witness, daily questing, low valor for raid bosses, vendors for gear all over the continent and the change to LFG bonus.

The game benefits from having not just paying subscribers but active players on full robust servers. You can cap in one sitting but it's not the way they prefer you play so ou are handicapped.

At least they left in the option to grind.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I can't argue w/ observed behavior, but all it does now is encourage people to play 5-10 alts a day, and handicaps those who miss a day due to RL, because now they have to play catchup w/ lower valor options at their disposal.<--- opinion

And was it a ghost town? idk b/c I wasn't here but I highly doubt that it was truly a ghost town because people could valor cap in a day... there's other confounding factors like the content wasn't fun for some people, or people didn't like _____, or WoW subs were down, or the subs weren't being used due to Annual pass users not bothering to log in or you name it. Tons of other stuff going on behind the scenes...

Anas
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I can't argue with your points regarding additional factors leading to the "minorly multiplayer role playing game" cataclysm.

I'm just passing on what I've read and infered from blue posts over the last 18 months or so.

Myself personally, I play 50+ hours a week and have two 490+ raid toons and a pvp toon. I find capping valor to be moderately annoying in that if I don't remember to start early I end up chaining 10 back to back heroics to finish up Monday.

This system seems to meet in the middle - daily bonus to keep you logging in with 40 valor set grind rate for those "oh crap" or "going away for 5 days" moments. In the end valor isn't a gift to buy epics with but something that takes a moderate amount of effort to accumulate.

Working as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Thank you for the infrance from blue posts, that's kinda what I was hoping for, although I was hoping for a pure blue post somewhere on the forum stating why they'd changed it, we can dream? can't we?

And I totally agree it should be available 2 or 3 times a day with a cap of 7, you still get people logging in for their dailies, but they have the option to take a break for a day or two w/o having to work a lot to catch back up w/ what they missed out on.

but yea, working as intended... just why was it intended? ;)

nice to have a rational discussion about it tho, thank you!

Anas
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]