Do tanking pets matter?

90 Human Hunter
Does matter if I have a crab,bear,turtle? are there any differences?

Just found my answer. Thanks.

http://www.blizzardguides.com/wow_hunter_pet_guide.html
Edited by Mechazod on 2/14/2013 12:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Only during extreme soloing situations. And even then, it's usually use a Ferocity pet or use a Turtle/Beetle. For example, I just soloed Heroic Morchok on Tuesday, this was possible only because I had a turtle and his Shell Shield. When survivability isn't an issue, then it's best to go Ferocity because you are able to DPS down a boss quicker.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Do you recommend turtles? or is it situation dependable?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For BM soloing my favorite remains my good old bear, with his Demo Shout he is an awesome aggro monkey.

Like Adarant said, Turtle/Beetle is probably still "the best".

I would suggest http://www.wow-petopia.com/ it is my favorite hunter pet website.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Only when survivability is an issue, and even then it's either a Turtle or a Beetle. They have the same special move. If survivability is a big issue, use a Tenacity Turtle; if survivability is a moderate issue, use a Ferocity Turtle. If survivability isn't an issue, use whatever pet you think is the prettiest (hint, the correct answer is a Hyena).

If DPS is truly an issue, but not survivability, then you can bring a Corehound for BM. You could also bring a Tenacity Corehound if you need the extra bit of survivability and DPS.

02/14/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Panzers

I'm still curious how the Dire Horn's special ability will stack up. As far as I can tell, it's a full immunity/pacify, but also acts as a shield for those behind the pet.
Edited by Adarant on 2/14/2013 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
oh thanks
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Adarant, what about the Dire Horn special?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Does matter if I have a crab,bear,turtle?

A crabbearturtle would be awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
For BM soloing my favorite remains my good old bear, with his Demo Shout he is an awesome aggro monkey.

... way better than a bearmonkey or turtlebeetle...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
02/14/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Panzers
Adarant, what about the Dire Horn special?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137798

It's a 6 second deflect on a 30 second cooldown. It probably works only on spells, from the language, but is not a pacify according to that language. It's possible that for certain bosses, the Direhorn might be better than a Turtle, but that's just speculation until we see the thing in action.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nice! Hopefully it will have the graphic like the adds in Will of the Emperor...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
02/14/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Panzers
I would suggest http://www.wow-petopia.com/ it is my favorite hunter pet website.

Each pet has a special ability. Read up on those and match the best ability to the task you need accomplished. Most abilities are a small, but it can pay off big when applied at the right time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
On some intense dps burn downs, I will pull out a core hound, pop its version of hero. Instantly dismiss, pull out my spirit beast and go nuts. Seems to work well
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]