What was the most useless hunter ability....

90 Human Paladin
...Since release?

I know Lacerate shall be a favorite, but I'll still vote for Counterattack.

"Let me wait to 5% Parry that warrior beating on me, then I'll root him in place!"
Reply Quote
70 Troll Hunter
I must confess, a midst the removal of melee weapons, enabling us to fire at targets within melee range, auto-shot on the move, and so on, i have lost track of all the old hunter nuances.

I'll have to go with counterattack, possibly widows venom.
Reply Quote
Well counterattack was reliable with deterrence back then i think , iirc it was +25% dodge + 25% parry and didn't self cc.

Unfortunately there has been so many bad hunter abilities over the years lol. This would be a long list to skim through to find the mostest of teh craptest ''leave it in your spellbook'' ability.

- Similar to counterattack there was mongoose doing pathetic dmg for a long long time.

- As mentioned widow venom is a modern example of a waste of a button.

- Aspect of the beast was meh. Never bothered using it.

- Beast lore was kinda lame but since it wasn't really a combat ability i'll cut this one some slack. The info could be nice when curious. Not useful lol , but interesting.

- To some extent in the entire class was useless for pve in BC , save for steady shot. Was the only thing we could do. But that's different. And other classes had that problem as well. This would fall into the ''class design'' i guess. Not so much a useless ability.

It's hard to say , my vote goes to either widow venom or aspect of the beast.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
...Since release?

"Let me wait to 5% Parry that warrior beating on me, then I'll root him in place!"

Vanilla counterattack wasn't quite as useless. It required Deterrence, which then was a +25% Parry/Dodge chance CD ability.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Current Feed Pet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The original Disengage.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
02/14/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Melix
The original Disengage.

What was wrong with a melee attack that did no damage and remove threat equal to about 25% of an auto-shot?

On the GCD...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
02/14/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Melix
The original Disengage.
I think this takes the cake. Either that or Wrath - Cata counter attack.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I must confess, a midst the removal of melee weapons, enabling us to fire at targets within melee range, auto-shot on the move, and so on, i have lost track of all the old hunter nuances.

I'll have to go with counterattack, possibly widows venom.

stutter stepping and minimum range were actually unique aspects of the class that many of us enjoyed. it separated the good hunters from the bad, among many other things, but those stood out the most by far.
Reply Quote
ITT: nobody remembers Concussive Barrage.

Three talent points for a 6% chance to daze a target on Auto Shot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Scopid sting... although it could help surving, i never realy cared for it...
imolation trap, everything was better than it (i joined at tail end of BC, no clue how it was before wrath really)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

A RNG Daze >>>>>>>> -50 Threat for a GCD
Reply Quote

A RNG Daze >>>>>>>> -50 Threat for a GCD

You know, it actually did have one good PVE use.

If a healer was pulling too much threat, you could MD the healer and Disengage, it would reduce the threat on the MD'd target.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
02/14/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Letan
Current Feed Pet.
As fragile as pets are I use it more often questing than I did when pets had happiness.

Fireworks Glyph, the affect is lacking.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
...Since release?

Deterrence used to be parry...

With counterattack, mongoose bite, raptor strike, and pet attacks, I used to be able to pwn just about any melee or non surv hunter.

EDIT: oh, and wing clip.
Edited by Koneko on 2/14/2013 6:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
...Since release?

With counterattack, mongoose bite, raptor strike, and pet attacks, I used to be able to pwn just about any melee or non surv hunter.
When they changed Deterrence they did not change Counterattack. It also stayed the same in Cataclysm when the class shifted from mana to focus. That's right it cost mana it's whole existence.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Why hasn't anyone mentioned that aspect that reduced nature damage,Aspect Of The Wild was it ?That was so totally useless. I tried to use it in PVP against rogues,but it didn't seem to help any and I didn't have the attack power that Aspect Of The Hawk gave me with it on. I use some of the things mentioned here. I guess because I PVP more than PVE,I use widow venom quite a bit to cut down healing done to enemies and feed pet is still needed in BG's. My pet usually doesn't get healed.
Edited by Grimmkar on 2/14/2013 7:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
02/14/2013 06:36 PMPosted by Grimmkar
Why hasn't anyone mentioned that aspect that reduced nature damage,Aspect Of The Wild was it ?That was so totally useless. I tried to use it in PVP against rogues,but it didn't seem to help any and I didn't have the attack power that Aspect Of The Hawk gave me with it on. I use some of the things mentioned here. I guess because I PVP more than PVE,I use widow venom quite a bit to cut down healing done to enemies and feed pet is still needed in BG's. My pet usually doesn't get healed.

Aspect of the Wild was useful on the occasional raid boss like huhuran (spelling?) in AQ40.

I gotta agree with how awful the original Disengage was. Why bother when you have a full threat wipe in FD?
Reply Quote
...Since release?

EDIT: oh, and wing clip.

Not loving wing clip means you didn't know how to play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]