Shadow DPS, Scaling, and 5.2

90 Pandaren Priest
So Mind Blast was buffed by 20%, which is great. Good start. But I'm afraid that this doesn't help with our scaling at all through 5.2. Our 2/4p might by valuing mastery more, but on the whole Mind Blast's damage is only really affected by SP and Crit. Considering we already have scaling issues now, it seems like this will not be enough to bring our class in line with the majority of other classes.

So far what is known about how well we parse with 2/4p considering this change? MB is, at best, 15% of our damage, so this change is really only a 2-3% increase. That does not seem like enough, especially with our poor scaling.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
What do you want to see change?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Well I made a baby warlock, maybe by the time she's max level, spriests will be back to FOTM.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
There has been no indication whatsoever that Shadowy Apparitions will work at all. Honestly nobody has any idea how the 2pc/4pc bonuses will work.

This is a band-aid fix at best. You aren't going to see Priests brought in line until 5.3 at the earliest, and even then it's highly unlikely because they won't want to change major mechanics mid-expansion (even though the class's mechanics are precisely what is wrong here). If this sounds cynical or sarcastic I apologize, I'm just repeating what Blizz representatives have already said to us.

This is typically what Blizzard will do though. They don't want our rotation to change so they'll buff the spell at the top of the priority list. And most people will feel better about big Mind Blast crits than they do about insignificant things like overall DPS, mobility, or burst.

Sorry but that's how this works.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Don't forget for single target damage the insanity change may end up resulting in a slight buff as well. My partial concern is with the Mind Blast Change DI will probably be the go to talent because of the mind blast buff.

Don't forget in sustained 2-3 target fights right now priests are right up there better than alot of others except maybe afflic locks who do good single target and good 2-3 target as well
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Don't forget for single target damage the insanity change may end up resulting in a slight buff as well. My partial concern is with the Mind Blast Change DI will probably be the go to talent because of the mind blast buff.

Don't forget in sustained 2-3 target fights right now priests are right up there better than alot of others except maybe afflic locks who do good single target and good 2-3 target as well

Rogues, Mages, Druid, and Warlocks all parse better than Priests on Heroic Stoneguard (10 or 25 it doesn't matter) which is a sustained 2 target fight.

Priests are only good when something is frequently dying throughout the fight to keep Twist of Fate uptime high. Like Elegon, or Will. When this is not true Priests go middle of the pack at best. Under "normal" patchwerk style fights Priests drop to bottom 2 or 3.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I would not count on SW:I buffing single target. Talent tiers are typically meant to net the same dps on most tank and spanks. SW:I will be less RNG and more singlet arget focused that FDCL, and more precise than mindbender (which could stil be better depending on fight length). That's it.

We need some sort of a dot buff to make it so that our mastery and crit are valued higher. Frankly, a base increase to how our mastery scales would be a very simple and effective fix. It would help our damage on the move more, it would not break pvp in the slightest, and it would create more synergy with our throughput talents. Mastery was always meant to be a tuning knob. I don't know why they don't use it more.
Edited by Terrortician on 2/15/2013 12:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/14/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Multicidez
There has been no indication whatsoever that Shadowy Apparitions will work at all.

they are still broken in the same ways as they are on live:

they do not correctly walk to targets over stairways or other terrain, they stand next to you being useless a lot, and always disappoint you.

if you thought you might notice their damage? think again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]