Hunter PvP

90 Human Warlock
What talents/glyphs and pet is everyone using to PvP on a Hunter? I recently started playing him again and I was torn on what I should choose for PvP (as I've hadn't had much success for a while).
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Most people are using either Spirit Beasts or Shale Spiders if BM or Cranes if Marks or Survival.

Some popular glyphs are...
Explosive Trap
Camouflage
Marked for Death (will become baseline in 5.2 so don't buy it if you don't have it yet.)
Mirrored Blades
Master's Call
Solace
Aimed Shot (if marks)

For Talents you should use something like...
Posthaste or Narrow Escape (all 3 are pretty good)
Silencing Shot
Aspect of the Iron Hawk or Exhilaration
Thrill of the Hunt
Blink Strike
And powershot is getting a buff in 5.2 so I would recommend that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I was BM lol, thanks for the info though, very useful.
Reply Quote
Survival is good for rated battlegrounds according to Zizx - it's the multi-shot + passives that truly help. Apparently, survival hunters aren't targeted much.

Marksman becomes great once you are at the level where players know how to counter you as BM (CC / take out pet, or CC during your cooldowns) according to some thread that I read earlier.

I do not personally have any experience, but this is what I have searched through and read + found interesting about the 2 non-pet reliant specs. I have nothing on BM because I, like many other hunters, hate the living crap out of it and every part of its disgusting nature.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yeah, I don't like BM either, I just heard that it's better for everything. I could try Survival though. I don't want to go marksman because idk, i just heard it isn't very good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
By the way, does anyone have any suggestions on organizing my bars? I have seriously way too many abilities and I seriously cannot make my fingers behave properly with the amount of keybinds I have already.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
02/15/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Electrøflux
By the way, does anyone have any suggestions on organizing my bars? I have seriously way too many abilities and I seriously cannot make my fingers behave properly with the amount of keybinds I have already.
Get a Naga or the equivalent, G600 (?) and keep the bars kinda small, not necessarily too small. I have one primarily visible and three fairly translucent and a few that only show on mouse over. I also have over seventy binds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Is the Razer Naga actually that easy to use? All the buttons are so close together you'd think you'd forget the location or bump the other buttons or something.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
02/15/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Electrøflux
Is the Razer Naga actually that easy to use? All the buttons are so close together you'd think you'd forget the location or bump the other buttons or something.
I have dexterity issues and it works great for me. My game play has improved greatly since I bought one. Here's my BM keybindings:
For BM
1 Kill Shot mouse over macro
2 Kill Command
3 Arcane Shot
4 Cobra Shot
5 Bestial Wrath/Rabid Macro
6 Glaive Toss
7 Hunter's Mark
8 Serpent Sting/Pet Attack Macro
9 Tranquilizing Shot
10 Multi Shot
11 Blink Strike/Linx Rush/Murder of Crows
12 Silencing Shot mouse over macro

Shift 1 Focus Fire
Shift 2 Concussive Shot mouse over macro
Shift 3 Disengage
Shift 4 Trinket
Shift 5 Widow Venom
Shift 6 Feign Death
Shift 7 Hunter's Mark/Pet Attack Macro
Shift 8 Pet Ability (Web at the moment)
Shift 9 Essence of the Breeze
Shift 10 Rez Pet
Shift 11 Mend Pet
Shift 12 Stampede

Alt 1 Flare
Alt 2 Scare Beat
Alt 3 Readiness
Alt 4 Misdirection
Alt 5 Roar of Sacrifice mouse over macro
Alt 6 Master's Call mouse over macro
Alt 7 Ice Trap
Alt 8 Explosive Trap
Alt 9 Snake Trap
Alt 10 Health Stone (lock candy)
Alt 11 Distracting Shot
Alt 12 Dismiss Pet

Ctrl 1-3 default pet
Ctrl 4 pet family ability (Spirit Mend at the moment)
Ctrl 5 Heart of the Phoenix/Bull Headed/Last stand
Ctrl 6 second pet family ability or Cower
Ctrl 7 Growl
the rest default

Numpad
1 Aspect of the Iron Hawk
2 Deterrence
3 Aspect of the Beast
4 Camouflage
5 PvP Trinket
6 Aspect of the Cheetah
7 Intimidation mouse over macro
8 Scatter Shot
9 Trap Launcher (sometimes I toggle it off and on)
/ Freezing Trap
* Flier
- Hearth Stone
+ Ground Mount
. Rapid Fire
0 Jump

Misc. bindings
Shift ' Mass Rez
Shift ; Potion
Shift l Call Pet 1
Shift k Call Pet 2
Shift j Call Pet 3
Shift H Non Human Raicals
Shift G Fetch
Right Ctrl PTT (only the right one)
Q Strafe Left
E Strafe Right
Space Bar Jump
Edited by Whim on 2/15/2013 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Alright, I bought it, thanks for the info. My hunter is practically unplayable without it, just too many keybinds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]