Holy prism and Sacred shield buff

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Because I said so!

I'm wanting sacred shield to renew every five seconds instead of six (Thats if you have no haste) and to have a baseline absorb of around 10k at 90 instead of the 695 that it gives me. (With my gear on I'd expect it to be a 22.5k absorb)

I think Holy Prism should have a ten second cooldown, it would help make up for the down time we have when you have to wait for Crusader Strike because you don't want it to crash with Judgment. Perhaps the healing portion could be increased as well, I like the support heals ret has to offer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I never have felt like I have much waiting as ret. If anything, I find it hard to squeeze in Holy Prism as it is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Perhaps its because you have more haste, I would really like the utility of being able to help support my healers, maybe seal of insight could cause Judgment of light on targets again for ten seconds, a chance to heal players for 0.75% of their displayed maximum health and limit it to 180 procs per minute or something?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I wouldn't mind doing less dps if my off healing was a little larger.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Prism doesn't need a tweak, you just need more gear - and I don't mean that to be rude or anything. Prism still has its place as Ret, even at higher gear levels. I prefer it for dailies, scenarios, grinding, and 5-mans.

SS needs to apply its absorb on cast, not six seconds later though - who the hell thought that one up?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/15/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
SS needs to apply its absorb on cast, not six seconds later though - who the hell thought that one up?

Blizzard changed it because of all the people casting it to force procs between when it normally would. :/

Now that the 30-second buff is undispellable they could probably push the cooldown up to 20 seconds or so and make the first absorb immediate though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/16/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Keten
Now that the 30-second buff is undispellable they could probably push the cooldown up to 20 seconds or so and make the first absorb immediate though.

A CD is a silly idea, especially one that long, in case you need to change its host.

All they need to do is put an ICD on the shield proccing. That means repeated casting won't put up the shield each time, but it can still be immediate on cast.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/16/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Elidra
All they need to do is put an ICD on the shield proccing. That means repeated casting won't put up the shield each time, but it can still be immediate on cast.

That would be a fantastic change.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A CD is a silly idea, especially one that long, in case you need to change its host.

Yeah, I wasn't considering switching it to other targets. A longer cooldown would certainly hurt that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]