Why Chakra is really bad.

90 Undead Priest
You might look at the spell and think "cool, 25% better aoe heals or 25% better single target heals." But in reality holy is balanced around already being in a Chakra. So it's not 25% better, it's the same as other healers, but you suck 25% more at direct heals (or aoe healing). You can switch back and forth as needed, but with a 30 sec cooldown, when other healing spec's can do it right away.
Edited by Zombeeman on 2/16/2013 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You're assuming it's balanced with the assumption you will never use spells which aren't buffed by the "correct" Chakra. This isn't the case. It's more like it is balanced with the assumption the vast majority of your spells in a given situation will be buffed by the correct Chakra. I'd be all for getting rid of it though. This isn't because it's necessarily broken. It's more because I don't like the concept, have never liked the concept, feel it adds unnecessary complexity and instead of making the spec feel unique is simply annoying.
Reply Quote
I've always hated chakra, it can only ever be a clunky mess and I wish it would go away.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Chakra was a balance problem waiting to happen, and the devs would have realized this if they had any understanding of the raiding community.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
If they want to keep chakras around (and I'm sure they do, they went to all the trouble to design the pretty doily), they should just have chakra: chastise and chakra: heal. The main problem with chakra is the penalty for switching between your AoE and single target heals, something that nobody else really has to deal with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ONE
I've never really had a problem with Chakra, but that's in large part due to me having learned how to heal in Cataclysm when it first came to be.

That said, the more I actually think about the mechanic itself, the more it feels like a way of keeping the priest's relatively large toolkit compared to other healers in check, and yet Disc doesn't have to deal with it.

Making it a short-duration, short-cooldown (e.g. 10 sec duration, 30 sec cooldown, cooldown starts when buff fades) throughput increase would probably be the only way to salvage the current Chakras into a recognizable form.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Making it a short-duration, short-cooldown (e.g. 10 sec duration, 30 sec cooldown, cooldown starts when buff fades) throughput increase would probably be the only way to salvage the current Chakras into a recognizable form.

Something like this is the best solution. I don't necessarily agree with the numbers, but this would be nice.

Don't worry. It only took us old Priest guys Vanilla and 3 expansions to get the devs to quit being stubborn about Lightwell.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I've always hated Chakra, and I'm pretty sure a blue commented a long time ago that its balanced exactly as you said. They didn't seem to notice the problem with that, wtf blizz?
But I kind of like the unessicary complexity that it brings on when to stamce dance and when to jjust deal with !@#$ty heals in whatever stance you aren't in for 30.
And honestly, if the do get rid of it, i better get a new way to draw on the ground. That animation has become a part of me. D=
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I think a good fix would be to make it a talent. Balance holy around not having Chakra at all, and if you pick that talent you really are say 5% better at AoE or direct heals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Chakra is an abomination. It's a bad gimmick that just tells me that the Devs don't play holy priests in any raiding environment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I like it. I just wished the cooldown for changing stances was shorter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I wish the buff on the spells was removed. I like how every 'stance' as I will call it gives me a different spell, but I do not want to have to worry about switching it during a fight(for instance, Tsulong...I want my AOE heal in night phase & my single target in day phase) to have to switch is just stupidity.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
suggestion:
--up all holy priest healing so that it equals other healing classes hps.
--redesign chakra so that they are 3 min CD rather than stances.
--3x 3min cds: one will increase your AoE healing by 25% healing for xseconds, one will increase your crit for xseconds, one will increase your damage for xseconds and also heal the lowest damaged ally for 100% of the damage.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
I dislike Chakra because you can't access all your spells in any one state.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]