best race for pal horde side

85 Worgen Warlock
Looking to make a pal on the horde side. Just looking to do pvp with him and most likely will be ret however i might try healing pvp on a 2 spec. Cant make up my mind on which would be better BE vs Tauren. plz help
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Female belf. Don't even bother rolling anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
well BE has instant interrupt W/ 2 sec silence while tauren has a 1.5s interrupt and stun... I always prefer instants so I'd go BE.
Edited by Eldry on 2/17/2013 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I would say definitely Blood Elf, I have honestly been tempted to go BE for the male BE combat moves/graphics whatever you want to call them, as the way they strike and all looks better in general. But on top of that the aoe silence/interrupt is very useful and comes in handy when trying to pressure down healers, where as the stun costs time to cast and is not as reliable in the sense. Most dps specs have to put valuable time in thinking on how they plan to pressure a healer especially if you plan on going into arena.

Also if you are a fan of Judgement gear like me, their charger matches this set near perfectly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Be me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I don't give a !@#$ what any naysayer says... Male Tauren is brutal. I love being treated like a raid boss in PvP.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
02/17/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Buhbuhdin
I don't give a !@#$ what any naysayer says... Male Tauren is brutal. I love being treated like a raid boss in PvP.

A raid boss? You get treated like a raid boss as a ret? What does that even mean? Does it mean people gather and kill you quickly without much thought and then move on? If you think you are a "raid boss" as ret and that this means you take a ton of punishment to bring down... then you probably don't know this game well. If you are finding it takes multiple people to kill you then that is only cause you are not at the level cap. At the level cap ret isn't super durable, not many are.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
For me, it's Elf hands down. What it really comes down to is this: Two second instant cast AoE silence, or two second cast time AoE stun. As a tank, I find torrent is very useful for clumping up caster packs or as an emergency interrupt. War stomp seems like it would have far more limited usefulness from my PvE standpoint.

For you, in a PvP setting I imagine War Stomp could be useful for being mega annoying at a flag or in a huge melee or something. You might trick some poor sap into blowing their trink early.

02/17/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Jakosta
I would say definitely Blood Elf, I have honestly been tempted to go BE for the male BE combat moves/graphics whatever you want to call them

They see me twirlin'
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
No one has said femtaur?

Disappoint!

Though, if you're looking at it in terms of racial, Belf racials are actually superior due to the silence. (The silence doesn't DR with stuns like warstomp does.)
Edited by Shiralia on 2/17/2013 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Bloodelf
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/17/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Panðora

A raid boss? You get treated like a raid boss as a ret? What does that even mean? Does it mean people gather and kill you quickly without much thought and then move on? If you think you are a "raid boss" as ret and that this means you take a ton of punishment to bring down... then you probably don't know this game well. If you are finding it takes multiple people to kill you then that is only cause you are not at the level cap. At the level cap ret isn't super durable, not many are.

That's okay baby, I'll adjust at 90 MoP like I did at 85 Cata!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/17/2013 03:37 PMPosted by Lobster
Male blood elf 2h melee animations are great. All my plate wearers are male blood elves for this reason lol.

^^^ but if you want to heal you should prob go female, male casting animations suck and look like you belong in a mental hospital.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
No one has said femtaur?

Disappoint!

Though, if you're looking at it in terms of racial, Belf racials are actually superior due to the silence. (The silence doesn't DR with stuns like warstomp does.)

Did somebody say femtaur?

But....but...our racials are good too! Warstomp ain't half bad and that herbalism? Mad flower picking skills right there!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Femtaur all the way, to many female BE's these days (no offense, I used to be one but you know it's true). Femtaurs need love, too.

Can't go wrong with that electric slide. ;)
Edited by Surya on 2/19/2013 12:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]