Paladin Design

81 Human Paladin
I just re-subbed to wow no so long ago and I was thinking of also leveling my paladin..

I noticed that paladin have gotten the worst design in style. I mean first a "BUTTERFLY" armor, then "BUTTERFLY" wings.... what the hell is going on here?

What happened to the whole being Champions of the Light scheme?

Whats with all the armors not looking "Like Plate". stand next to a clothie and the textures look no diffirent than a cloth's, mail' or leather armor...

Every year it feels like the paladin design moves ever further from the original Wow-paladins...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Do what I did

<-

They made transmog for a reason
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/18/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Dartail
They made transmog for a reason

Essentially this. Though I agree that there seems to have been a decided decline in the caliber of armor designs - as in, not just ours - in this game
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
Yes I know about transmog is awesome, but there news to be a new fresh flow of awesome sets to "transmog Into". knaa I meeen?

I just really wish for more Metallic designs, like the wrathful PVP set from WOTLK. I mean really, how do you go from that to "Butterfly-man"

Also some of the old sets are very low res in comparison to what came out during and after Wrath. If they could be reworked that would be awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And the butterfly wings thing is only because of a glyph

I dun use it
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think White Tiger looks pretty good, personally, and the Hateshatter transmog set has some nice pieces for a plate look (although I don't like it as a complete set). A couple of the Cataclysm PvP sets were also pretty cool.

Also, how does a single pair of feathered wings look like a butterfly o.O
Edited by Ravicana on 2/18/2013 3:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Then again...the set I have makes me look like a power ranger
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/18/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Ravicana
Also, how does a single pair of feathered wings look like a butterfly o.O

Add in the helm's wings, too?
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
I know that the butterfly wings are by glyph, what bothers me is Why would they connect Butterfly wings with a Paladin? see were im getting?

What im trying to say is that the paladin design is... not very Paladin oriented sometimes...
I feel like the style is not very solid. Even worse now that many of the sets are very Oriental based. (nothing wrong with them but not very fitting for paladins). Like having bruce-lee fighting in helms deep. both are awesome but not fit when combined.

for example the Shoulders Ravicana is wearing Totally screams Paladin! thats what I want to see more, Season 11 Paladin set was also very good. Very Majestic, divine look. thats what I want them to aim for.

Anyone feel me?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I hear what you're saying, of course, and I do agree. Hence why I don't sport anything post-Wrath, when sets just seemed to cease to scream "knight-in-shining-armor" Paladin - with the exception of T13, minus the helm. And my mainstay, my only complete set that goes with pretty much any tabard, what I'm wearing now, isn't exactly Paladin-ish, either - and I hated it for that fact back in Wrath, too. But I'm missing bits and pieces to other sets that I haven't gotten to drop, or they don't go with tabards I have and like, or I haven't been able to save up the points.

Next patch's sets, though, are by far the worst in our ever-expanding wardrobe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 03:23 PMPosted by Athex
I know that the butterfly wings are by glyph, what bothers me is Why would they connect Butterfly wings with a Paladin? see were im getting?

They're not butterfly wings. They're a second set of wings that happen to be oriented in a way similar to a butterfly's. Back in beta they were oriented upwards but there was some weird issues with it so Blizzard flipped them.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
exactly! Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. sets from ALL classes have that same style now. its very hard to differentiate plate from cloth or leather. have you seen one of the freaking sets for a hunter? looks more like "plate" than some plate sets in general! Like the last warrior arena set in Cata looked like freaking leather LOL and that helm LOL again!
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
They're not butterfly wings. They're a second set of wings that happen to be oriented in a way similar to a butterfly's. Back in beta they were oriented upwards but there was some weird issues with it so Blizzard flipped them.

The problem still persists tho, how do you fail at design so bad that when you try to resemble "Angel-guardian" wings end up "looking" like butterfly wings? hahaha.

Its like a luxury car like BMW aiming to design a new car that resembles the M3,
and end up with a Toyota iQ
!!! LOLWTF!!
Edited by Athex on 2/18/2013 3:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They don't look like butterfly wings. Seriously, they're glowing and feathered, which butterflies definitely aren't. Nothing other than the geometric arrangement even vaguely says "butterfly". Four-winged angels are common enough in artistic depictions, and the idea originated in real-world religions - the idea of four-winged angels is just about as old as the idea of angels with any wings at all.

I'd be unhappy with butterfly wings, too. Fortunately, we do not have them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Aiming to hit a mark and failing is totally different from being designed to look like a butterfly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

"Weird issues" meaning it looked terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I assumed the multiple wings was supposed to allude to multiple winged angels like seraphim when it comes to Glyph of Winged Vengance. As for paladin tier design I love the fact they incorporate cloth and other materials into the armor sets like with the Immolation set and the current PvP armor sets. I think its thinking outside the box when it comes to the armor designs and I'd love to see more like it in other classes.

As for your opinion of how the sets seem to move further away from the original sets, I have two thoughts on that. For one thing I think some of them like the Immolation, Aegis and Lightsworn seem to nod back at the Judgment set, particularly the "plate-kilt". At the same time you gotta consider the setting of the games and the expansions in order to appreciate the aesthetics of the different sets.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Ravicana
They don't look like butterfly wings. Seriously, they're glowing and feathered, which butterflies definitely aren't.

Sure they are feathered and glowing, but that's just the texture, but going back to my car example,

Its like the Toyota iQ having the trademark attributes of a BMW, like the halo HID headlights and the 2 squares in the front. But the 3 dimensional shape of the chassis just wont represent the M3 look.

I'm sorry but the glyph wings just look like butterfly wings,
http://oi45.tinypic.com/w05aq0.jpg

Blurr your eyes and you will see a glowing butterfly/faerie

If the bottom set of wings was larger, or perpendicular to the original, it would look so much better.

02/18/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Suamox
I assumed the multiple wings was supposed to allude to multiple winged angels like seraphim when it comes to Glyph of Winged Vengance.

Yes that's what they should look like, but I mean, let's be realistic here, They dont.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
My friends let me show you REAL angel wings

http://images.wikia.com/diablo/images/6/69/Diablo-3-Wallpaper-Tyrael-Angel-WideScreen-1920x1200-1920x1080.jpg

And here is what the glyphed paladin wings look like

http://www.templates.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/4snowflake_fairy_by_ironshod.jpg

SCREEN SHOT of the glhyphed wings

OPEN all 3 in different Tabs, Compare, and tell me which one the glyph version REALLY RESEMBLES.
Edited by Athex on 2/18/2013 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/18/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Athex
They don't look like butterfly wings. Seriously, they're glowing and feathered, which butterflies definitely aren't.

Sure they are feathered and glowing, but that's just the texture, but going back to my car example,

Its like the Toyota iQ having the trademark attributes of a BMW, like the halo HID headlights and the 2 squares in the front. But the 3 dimensional shape of the chassis just wont represent the M3 look.

I'm sorry but the glyph wings just look like butterfly wings,

Blurr your eyes and you will see a glowing butterfly/faerie

If the bottom set of wings was larger, or perpendicular to the original, it would look so much better.

I assumed the multiple wings was supposed to allude to multiple winged angels like seraphim when it comes to Glyph of Winged Vengance.

Yes that's what they should look like, but I mean, let's be realistic here, They dont.

No, that would look stupid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]