Paladin Design

81 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Pàndá
No, that would look stupid.

Multiple actual wings 10x better than Faerie Wings any day.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm looking at your image and squinting. Not seeing butterfly wings. Just some blurry, squinty seraphim wings.

But hey, if you don't like the glyph wings, don't use them. Sheesh.

Looks are subjective. This is exactly the entire reason that we have transmog and cosmetic glyphs in the first place. I mean, do you remember classic/BC? Zul'Gurub armor? AQ? Crystalforge? ZA? Good, traditionally-paladiny sets weren't any more common then than they are now. You're simply comparing 13 tiers of "the past" to one tier of "the present", so yeah, there's gonna be more good transmog gear (for almost any definition of "good") in the category that is vastly larger. But even in the recent past (s9, s11, t11 to name a few) we've got some pretty excellent traditionally-Paladin gear.

Majestic and clad in glowing gold isn't the only traditionally-Paladinly look, either.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Because butt wings are so much better.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Trying to compare a Diable Paladin with a WoW Paladin - or even just a generic Warcraft Paladin, for that matter - is apples and oranges. The comparison just fails because, sure they're fruits, but, in the end, they're just completely different.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
sure they are diff but Last time I checked, Wow-Paladins were not supposed to be Faeries in plate. :/
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
It's called evolution - we grew two more wings to replace our lost auras.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
It's called evolution - we grew two more wings to replace our lost auras.

Haha I guess that makes sense, evolved to satisfy the dudes playing girl characters. LOL
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tell you what:

I'll continue to wield the powers of a seraphim, drawing on a lore where angels weren't just pretty people with wings, but bizarre near-Lovecraftian figures whose very forms implied that the entire universe was little more than a veil concealing truths utterly incomprehensible to mere mortals.

You can not use the glyph, and never have to worry about "fairy wings" again.

Sound good?
Reply Quote
57 Troll Hunter
I want to know why blizz didnt make a glyph to give pallies diablo-style seraphim wings! That would be so much cooler.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Ravicana

Duddddeee you are missing the point of the post entirely. Believe me I have no intentions of using that glyph. All I want is for the designers to make future designs less.... Girly?

Besides, Im sure you are happy because the wings look good on female characters....and you are probably a girl..
But have you seen when people glyph them on Male characters?!?!

Lmao have you seen a MALE human, dwarf, Dranei with the glyph?

http://tromoticons.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/face_scared_yao_ming.png?w=210
Edited by Athex on 2/18/2013 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I use it 'cause...What the hell else am I gonna use? Slow-fall Wings glyph? Anti-hammer graphic glyph? SoBlood glyph? If I need to not die while falling, I have bubble; hammers FTW; don't change Seals enough to matter. I don't use my class mount, which kills another two minors - and the Mounted Kings, if it works like a Shammy's Waterwalking Wolf glyph, you lose the buff as soon as you dismount/revert to non-wolf form.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I chuckled to myself when I realized that the argument over "butterfly wings" is really just Rorschach inkblot testing in disguise.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Athex

Duddddeee you are missing the point of the post entirely. Believe me I have no intentions of using that glyph. All I want is for the designers to make future designs less.... Girly?

And I am arguing against that, because I don't want that to happen, because I like the current design. If you don't like it, THAT'S WHY IT IS AN OPTIONAL COSMETIC GLYPH.

I'm a man. I don't even think it's a girly design, because as mentioned, I don't think it actually looks like faerie wings at all, but rather like a seraphim.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Ravicana
I'm a man. I don't even think it's a girly design, because as mentioned, I don't think it actually looks like faerie wings at all, but rather like a seraphim.

Lmao dude, for crying out loud you are a man playing a female character... but whatever.
Idk dude but last time I checked seraphims had multiple wings of the same proportion... Not an additional set of baby wings.

If seraphims have fairy wings if your book, thats completely fine too. All I am saying is they look extremely gay on male characters. (which does not apply to you because you are a female character). An Additional type of wings that look less like "ravicana's version of seraphim" I guess would be the proper term, would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Lmao dude, for crying out loud you are a man playing a female character... but whatever.
Idk dude but last time I checked seraphims had multiple wings of the same proportion... Not an additional set of baby wings.

If seraphims have fairy wings if your book, thats completely fine too. All I am saying is they look extremely gay on male characters. (which does not apply to you because you are a female character). An Additional type of wings that look less like "ravicana's version of seraphim" I guess would be the proper term, would be greatly appreciated.

Guess reroll a DK or Warrior because you are too manly and straight for "fairy wings"? Might as well ask Blizzard to change the color of paladin from pink to something else because its "too gay and too girly."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Dude...don't dis tha wings man. I freaking love the Winged Vengeance glyph, he'll, I'd pay $30 to always have the wings on during combat. I don't think they look like butterfly wings at all, they look like what someone would have on them when it's azz kicking time. /rantover
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Guess reroll a DK or Warrior because you are too manly and straight for "fairy wings"? Might as well ask Blizzard to change the color of paladin from pink to something else because its "too gay and too girly."

This. For real. After reading the rest of these posts, you shouldn't even be playing this class. I love the current design of the wings, and as i said earlier, I'd pay to have them all the time during combat. Also, you keep telling people they look like fairy wings, when they obviously don't think they look like fairy wings, yet you tell them that they like fairy wings, or that they think Seraphim look like they have fairy wings. Just gtfo, and !@#$.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Athex
Lmao dude, for crying out loud you are a man playing a female character... but whatever

Oh look guys, it's this thread.

I thought idiots like you moved on from WoW, or at least the forums in general?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Duuuuude you have a gigantic stick up your butt about aesthetic design decisions that don't affect you in the least. The glyph exists and people like it. You don't, ergo, don't use it. Sets exist that look Paladin-oriented amongst sets that don't (a problem that *gasp* other classes have as well). Farm those, transmog, win.

02/18/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Juriist
I chuckled to myself when I realized that the argument over "butterfly wings" is really just Rorschach inkblot testing in disguise.

This. One thousand times this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]