Grand Crusader Change

100 Tauren Paladin
While this is true, it does limit you in the case of fights that you are not going to dodge anything at all.

Fights in wich no melee attacks exist and thus this is a nerf.

It's a lot better for those situations now than it was when it only procced off dodge and parry.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
02/23/2013 01:31 PMPosted by Jackishi
The only difference is that instead of that frequency being increased by haste it'll increase with dodge and parry.

Well, technically it'll be increased by both haste and dodge/parry (GC still has a chance to proc from CS/HotR alongside the Dodge/Parry buff), but basically, everything you've said is true. A little RNG is not a bad thing.
You sure? The tweet/comment you quoted before says otherwise:
we are making a chance to Grand Crusader to proc from dodge and parry at 30% instead of CS and HotR at 20%.

Says that GC will now proc off of avoidance instead of CS/HotR.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You sure? The tweet/comment you quoted before says otherwise:

Says that GC will now proc off of avoidance instead of CS/HotR.

Hell I would be cool with it if they would factor block into that.. As it sits now, I dont like it.

As in the "Change" that ghost crab has said.

That was the initial change. After feedback and some testing, I believe Grand Crusader is now designed to have a 10% proc chance from Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous and a 20% chance to proc from dodges and parries. In other words, avoidance is being added to the list of things that will proc GC, but to keep the rates similar to live, the rates are being lowered somewhat.

My main concern with the new change will be the effect on offtanking that it has, but it's a mild concern. Overall I think the change is a good one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Seriously,
I am not sure who are complaining about our active mitigation but they must be crazy.

Tanking has never felt this GOOD. It's not boring anymore and you don't feel like a meat-sack just standing there in hopes of avoiding staff.

Please stop trying to ruin something that they, for the first time in bliz history, have nailed it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Seriously,
I am not sure who are complaining about our active mitigation but they must be crazy.

Tanking has never felt this GOOD. It's not boring anymore and you don't feel like a meat-sack just standing there in hopes of avoiding staff.

Please stop trying to ruin something that they, for the first time in bliz history, have nailed it.

I too love the active mitigation. I am not trying to ruin it I am trying to give us more options rather than the motto of "haste all the way." I for one like to make choices about my character including when I have enough survivability. I am not a big fan of BiS lists but with the way our gearing is now there can be a definitive list, get gear with enough exp/hit to cap and then all of the haste/mastery gear. With a change to give us choices the BiS idea falls to the wayside and means gear becomes variable. Perhaps that change makes it hard for a lot of paladins to gear but I would relish the opportunity to have to think about my gear for once instead of "Oh, that has haste and hit/exp? Mine."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Theck already made a detailed post about the 5.2 changes to GC procs.

Looks like our current Haste > Mastery > Avoidance will still hold viable, since the amount of dodge/parry we will get from gear (no matter how much we avoid it) will be just fine. Other's that choose to go mastery/avoidance > haste will be just fine too, just do slightly less dps.

Not worried about this change at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]