Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So cheaper then it is now, perfect!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
What? That's cheap!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I have a feeling many mistweavers won't find that amusing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I can take a joke, I found this amusing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I read the tweet and I still don't get it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The real question is whether those 10 valor points are "negative daily quests", and you can make up the valor or if they are "spent like on gear". If they are indeed negative daily quests, I could really see planning raid week based on mistweavers needing earn a boatload of extra valor to use spells.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/21/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Nzete
The real question is whether those 10 valor points are "negative daily quests", and you can make up the valor or if they are "spent like on gear". If they are indeed negative daily quests, I could really see planning raid week based on mistweavers needing earn a boatload of extra valor to use spells.

Please tell me you didn't take it seriously. D:
Reply Quote
62 Worgen Death Knight

Please god don't reproduce
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

http://socalmountains.com/e107_files/public/1345239693_504_FT171692_foghorn-leghorn-thats-a-joke-son-you-missed-it-flew-right-by-ya.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Some mistweavers might like this... You know... Because it's more sustainable than glyphing it. :P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
02/21/2013 12:09 AMPosted by Taymage
I have a feeling many mistweavers won't find that amusing.

02/21/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Keirisonis
Some mistweavers might like this... You know... Because it's more sustainable than glyphing it. :P
Edited by Stormspellx on 2/21/2013 1:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
ISTM that there are two main reasons for jab-jab-uplift: one of them is about jab, and the other is about uplift. In theory, monks have lots of ways to spend mana and gain chi while healing, and... well, at least a few ways to spend the chi to heal some more and brew mana tea.

Jab gets used to the point of spam because it has 100% chance to generate chi, which other heals do not. When a DPS has bad RNG, they slip a little on a meter, but there are probably other DPS who are having good RNG at the same time, so the overall outcome is insignificant. Later, they'll probably have better luck and move back up. When a tank has bad RNG, the tank might die. When a healer has bad RNG, someone else might die. This makes tanks and healers hate RNG and value consistency.

As for uplift, I haven't gotten my mistweaver far enough to see why so many people seem to prefer it over all other chi-based heals, but it's clear that for some people, the other chi-based heals are not even an option; it's uplift, talents (before 5.2), or BOK. This seems to indicate that Blizzard should take a look at other chi-based heals and why they are unattractive/unpopular in their present forms. (Maybe they could use more. Or glyphs that convert mana heals into chi heals, rather than the other way around. Using several at once would chi starve you, but different monks might pick different ones, depending on how they were designed. What other heal would you like to cast more often, if it didn't cost so much mana? How much chi would you pay for it, if you could pay for it with chi?)
Edited by Calonderiel on 2/21/2013 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Calonderiel
As for uplift, I haven't gotten my mistweaver far enough to see why so many people seem to prefer it over all other chi-based heals, but it's clear that for some people, the other chi-based heals are not even an option; it's uplift, talents (before 5.2), or BOK.

But those are all the available Chi spenders. Uplift, BoK, talents, and .... Enveloping Mists. That's it. Having the talents cost Chi worked really well for the MW spec, and I think that shows how much the spec needs another Chi heal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
It's sad that it makes it better than the glyph.
Edited by Lena on 2/21/2013 3:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I guess sarcasm doesn't come across at all here. Ten valor can often be gotten more reliably than 2 chi. That is what makes Dr. Ghostcrawler's tweet so ironic.

With the changes in mana, renewing mists on cooldown and then what? SCK for chi (assuming you have mana and your raid is stacked)? Soothing mists (and pray for chi)?

"Praying for chi" is not a reliable way to heal a raid.

Stack massive amounts of spirit, glyph uplift, and have only enveloping mists as a chi dump (with talents going to cooldown rather than chi limited in the patch - last I knew)?

I am glad the I retired my experiment in monk healing.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Now just make Jab cost 1k gold and roll in the patch! Seriously, if Uplift really did cost 10 vp, that would stillmake it a better deal than the new and improved Glyph of Uplift...
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Monk
02/21/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Nzete
Soothing mists (and pray for chi)?

I have not even gotten up to Wrath content on this class yet and am wondering why they did not just have Soothing Mist generate 1 Chi every 3rd tick, which seems to be what they intend to happen over [a long length of time] with the 35% RNG. Sometimes I get 0-1 Chi from a full channel, sometimes I get 5 in the first 5 ticks. ... Not really a good way to do it, I think. Does anyone know why SM does not just have a set 3-tick to Chi ratio instead?

On-topic, I guess that is one way of forcing us to continue doing dailies! xD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/21/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Lena
It's sad that it makes it better than the glyph.

Heh, I was thinking the same thing. I rather pay the valor than that mana cost any day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]