questions about deterrence

89 Dwarf Shaman
does glyphed deterrence reflect a lock chaos bolt?

if it does, great. seems like that could be game changing.. if not, is there anything ELSE that the glyph doesnt work on?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
There's no indication that Chaos Bolt is immune to spell reflection mechanics (the parts about it piercing shields and immunities were removed in Mists), so there's no reason it shouldn't work.

The glyph, to my understanding, works on anything that is a spell (uses spell hit instead of melee hit, can't be dodged, etc.), specifically anything that a warrior can spell reflect. This means that it's pretty much every damaging spell in PvP, and not very many spells in PvE (Blizzard doesn't like Warriors spell reflecting too many things that every other tank has to deal with normally). Be sure to pair it with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera at least sometimes for extra fun. :-P
Reply Quote
Yes glyph of mirrored blades (I think that's what it's called) reflects chaos bolts. When they fear u and start casting just pvp trink+deterr and rofl as they nuke themselves :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
The lack of warlocks complaining about it on the forums leads me to believe otherwise. :x
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Why, do you need it to reflect Chaos Bolt too so you can faceroll more? Auto attack-winning isn't fun enough?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
02/13/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Songcrow
Why, do you need it to reflect Chaos Bolt too so you can faceroll more? Auto attack-winning isn't fun enough?

Let me guess.
You got absolutely rolled because you're terrible and, in order to save your ego, you scampered off to the hunter forums to spout nonsense and hatred in hopes of finding people who shared your thoughts and agreed that we are, as you put, "faceroll and easy".

How is that working out for you?

Also, if your goal is to enrage us in an attempt to make you feel better, it's probably not going to work. You're about a month late on the Hate Train. We're used to this already and it's gotten to a point where it's hilarious.

With this new profound information, what will you do?
Reply Quote
Yes, and the animation of it reflecting is pretty cool. However, it doesn't hit as hard as a regular CB and I don't think the guaranteed crit part carries over, either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Let me guess.
You got absolutely rolled because you're terrible and, in order to save your ego, you scampered off to the hunter forums to spout nonsense and hatred in hopes of finding people who shared your thoughts and agreed that we are, as you put, "faceroll and easy".

How is that working out for you?

Also, if your goal is to enrage us in an attempt to make you feel better, it's probably not going to work. You're about a month late on the Hate Train. We're used to this already and it's gotten to a point where it's hilarious.

With this new profound information, what will you do?

Goodness, you just keep getting better and better. I like you more and more with each post I read :3 Is there a cap to this? Lol

02/14/2013 01:11 AMPosted by Thatfeel
Yes, and the animation of it reflecting is pretty cool. However, it doesn't hit as hard as a regular CB and I don't think the guaranteed crit part carries over, either.

I'm pretty sure glyphed Deterrence uses our own spell power, as opposed to like a warrior's Spell Reflect using the caster's spell power. Hence why when we reflect CB it doesn't hit as hard.
Edited by Paksanarian on 2/14/2013 2:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I've seen Chaos Bolt reflected to its caster, I laughed to the Warlock who wanted to finish me with it and he died instead, *however*, I've seen also that same spell land on me while Deterrence is active. So, I don't know if it may land sometimes or it has been due to lag issues.
Reply Quote
I tried mirrored blades for awhile. It failed to reflect many Chaos Bolts for me. Based on my experience, I suspect that it doesn't reflect unless you Deterrence *before* the CB cast completes. In other words, if you deter during its travel time, it still hits you.

But that was months ago.

I stopped using it because even when it did reflect, the reflected damage was pathetic. If I'm going to waste a glyph slot on something, it needs to be effective (no offense, glyph of Chimera Shot).

Maybe I'll try mirrored blades again soon and see if anything has changed.
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Shaman
yeah i suppose ill just test with a lock in a duel and stand there trying this and that.. cant hurt.

when a DK uses dark sim, it works properly if you use it while the target is still casting, so it can be used in a oh-sh1t kind of way. im wondering if mirrored blades could be the same thing. thatd be pretty rad..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]