Resto druid pve continue

90 Night Elf Druid
bumping http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7273267268?page=1

This past 5.1 experience just showed how clueless blizzard is about the end game healing. Made disc priest god like in 25m raid and now nerfing them in 5.2, why broke them in the first place? Too hard to test how strong spirit shell is on PTR?

Now, something about druid, since every healing class get strong aoe healing skills now, why the !@#$ do we still need healing over time? Give me some encouters that can not be done without hots pls. Or, fix our class?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
It's pretty obvious that very few devs play Druids anymore. They languised as borderline non-viable for an entire tier with no attention whatsoever and received a piddling little buff in 5.2 that doesn't affect their big problems - lack of reliable big heals, lack of reliable raid heals (no - tiny radius Clunkrooms don't help), focus on HOTS in a massively spiky healing environment.

Maybe once the rest of them have dried up and blown away, they will get some attention.

In 6.0.

Maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's pretty obvious that very few devs play Druids anymore. They languised as borderline non-viable for an entire tier with no attention whatsoever and received a piddling little buff in 5.2 that doesn't affect their big problems - lack of reliable big heals, lack of reliable raid heals (no - tiny radius Clunkrooms don't help), focus on HOTS in a massively spiky healing environment.

Maybe once the rest of them have dried up and blown away, they will get some attention.

In 6.0.

Maybe.

Druids were never this bad. We were bad in terms we struggle for mana a bit more, and HPS wise we can't compete..but we aren't totally useless. Me and a Hpally have 2 healed almost all fights this tier.

In DS I was outhealing him.

I do think since we are HoTs we get sniped a lot, but that's up to the other healer(s) to realize you have HoTs on targets, to not snipe & to conserve their own mana. We do have some CDs. I personally use Soul of the Forest proc with things like Tranq and it helps.

I am expecting better things come 5.2!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/14/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Xiata
I personally use Soul of the Forest proc with things like Tranq and it helps.

I've seen people die through tranq :|
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/14/2013 04:59 PMPosted by Eclipsé
I personally use Soul of the Forest proc with things like Tranq and it helps.

I had this issue until I starting using the Soul of the forest proc with it and/or nature's vigil with it. Fixed the issue. The only people that would die was either me or a shammy, for some reason druids & shamans seem to take more damage then other classes, even WITH barkskin up
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I had this issue until I starting using the Soul of the forest proc with it and/or nature's vigil with it. Fixed the issue. The only people that would die was either me or a shammy, for some reason druids & shamans seem to take more damage then other classes, even WITH barkskin up

That's...odd.

But interesting point regarding SOTF. I will give this a try tomorrow in raid.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/14/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Xiata

While SotF reduces the channel time, it doesn't give any extra throughput on the HoT because the channel consumes the effect. There are situations where I'd consider using a SotF tranq, like Wind Lord and Empress for quick healing, however I'm usually just using a SotF WG almost always.

But that's only my opinion on this tier only. Considering that SotF is getting buffed by 25%, Tranq (along with every other spell) is getting buffed by 10%, and we're going to be losing our 4 set, I'll most likely spend more SotF procs on Tranq anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
While SotF reduces the channel time, it doesn't give any extra throughput on the HoT because the channel consumes the effect. There are situations where I'd consider using a SotF tranq, like Wind Lord and Empress for quick healing, however I'm usually just using a SotF WG almost always.But that's only my opinion on this tier only. Considering that SotF is getting buffed by 25%, Tranq (along with every other spell) is getting buffed by 10%, and we're going to be losing our 4 set, I'll most likely spend more SotF procs on Tranq anyway.

As a small aside, what would you think about turning Mushrooms into smartheal turrets that absorb and redistribute Overhealing as needed?

Something like the Lightspring treatment for a very clunky, unfun spell.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/14/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Eclipsé
While SotF reduces the channel time, it doesn't give any extra throughput on the HoT because the channel consumes the effect. There are situations where I'd consider using a SotF tranq, like Wind Lord and Empress for quick healing, however I'm usually just using a SotF WG almost always.But that's only my opinion on this tier only. Considering that SotF is getting buffed by 25%, Tranq (along with every other spell) is getting buffed by 10%, and we're going to be losing our 4 set, I'll most likely spend more SotF procs on Tranq anyway.

As a small aside, what would you think about turning Mushrooms into smartheal turrets that absorb and redistribute Overhealing as needed?

Something like the Lightspring treatment for a very clunky, unfun spell.

Clunky yes, but it seems to be extremely mana efficient.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Effectiveness should take something of a backseat to 'fun', or at least have some sort of parity in my opinion. Just because something is effective/efficient doesn't mean it is fine.

For example seal twisting was a very effective tactic for Paladins that still raises it's head today, but nobody liked it. Ditto Lightwell :).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Effectiveness should take something of a backseat to 'fun', or at least have some sort of parity in my opinion. Just because something is effective/efficient doesn't mean it is fine.

For example seal twisting was a very effective tactic for Paladins that still raises it's head today, but nobody liked it. Ditto Lightwell :).

hmm, I still haven't formulated a solid opinion on Mushrooms, I still look at it as a new, viable option to use to combat something we've struggled with for far too long; Stacked AoE fights.

I think the one area of concern that keeps popping into my head though, is the time frame between when the patch goes live and when I lose my 2 set. 19% reduction off of Rejuv is a little ridiculous for that reason.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

hmm, I still haven't formulated a solid opinion on Mushrooms, I still look at it as a new, viable option to use to combat something we've struggled with for far too long; Stacked AoE fights.

I think the one area of concern that keeps popping into my head though, is the time frame between when the patch goes live and when I lose my 2 set. 19% reduction off of Rejuv is a little ridiculous for that reason.

Mm. I'm probably going to keep it until I can go for 4T15. Although I will certainly be mogging it into T15 (ye gods T14 is a horrible looking set).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Mushrooms can be very powerful, but they have a pretty high skill cap now.

They will just frustrate most druids, but the ones that can find the right patterns in a fight and get good at using them, will stand out.

I will have to see more, but I am optimistic. I would like to see some more changes though, I miss the days of nature's grace and other more skill oriented mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've hated mushroom since they put that stupidity in the game. I use them in raids for healing predictable damage I know is about to happen, but otherwise they're useless right now. The change to them next patch might be ok but it's still using up globals to put the little bastards down, something i've just disliked even before they were used for resto. Now, if they were a proc off of another heal and auto placed themselves in random places, maybe that would work for me -- otherwise just get rid of them and make our other spells do more healing. I'd much rather see Nourish buffed, and Tranq hit hard at the beginning of the cast and tapper down towards the end (instead of the current ramp up). I'd also like to see Omen procs stack.

I'd also really like to stop feeling like Blizzard is trying to delete druids from the game :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have been forcing myself to play around with mushrooms, to get used to them before 5.2, and one question I have is, do they all absorb overhealing at a steady rate? For example, one technique I have been working on is working mushroom placement in as a "filler" spell. If I have a GCD free and am trying to conserve mana, I will place one 'shroom. The next free GCD, another shroom, and so on. That has dramatically helped overcome some of the clunky feel to them, as I don't have the same sense of 3 wasted globals, and I don't feel like I have had any other decent filler spell since 5.0.5, when they turned Nourish into garbage.

If I place them staggered like that, I assume the first mushroon is absorbing overheals until the cap, with the second one always a bit behind, and ditto the third. Does this mean I potentially lose some of the burst from them, as the third one may not hit the cap? Do they not cap out very often, so technically I am getting the same amount of burst, but just front-loaded in 'shroom 1 rather than equally distributed among all three 'shrooms? Could I use this to place a "heavy" shroom in the melee scrum and a "light" shroom on the hunter waaaaaaay over in the corner?

Meh, I need to go pester Vero to see if she has played with them on the PTR.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Mushroom is either OP, or completely useless depending on the situation... and this is VERY BAD.

If everyone is stacked, and there is a big damage happening every 20-40sec, then Mushroom is brokenly OP, it will cap very fast with the pre-hots for raid damage, and will heal for huge amounts because of critical his and mastery, plus the 10% new passive, becoming the most mana efficient and powerful healing spell...

The problem is that 95% of the time this will NEVER happen in this raid... i tried the Raid Finder fights on PTR, and none seemed possible to use Mushrooms without a HUGE group work for the entire raid, and even then you would hardly be able to stack at the same point you were 30 sec before, so mushrooms lose their value and became a waste of 3 GCD.

It forces you on a play style of high amount of Reju overhealing, but punish you heavily if you fail to use the mushroom.

Either you play like 5.1, and mushrooms will be useless, because it takes too much effort to predict were everyone will be, plus 3 GCD`s, plus fight mechanics that will prevent people staking there or even stacking, or forcing to leave the stacking area, that it becomes useless.

The amount of heal is INSANE, the rate that they fill up is amazingly good, neither the HPS or the HP/M are the problem here... but the small area, time to ramp up, clunk placement mechanic, and the inability to move then without losing the healing stored.

My suggestion would be that placing a mushroom and making an old one disappear will transfer the amount on the old mushroom to the new one.
Hell, even if only half of the amount is transferred it will make this much better.

A better solution would be lower the cap to 1/2 of your HP, make the GCD 1,5sec, and make it only 1 big mushroom with maybe 30% bigger radius, and spawning a new one pass half of the stored amount from the old to the new.

This would make then really useful, and complete our toolkit nicely.

With the huge revamps to Disc Priest, i'm really expecting something bigger done to us, because we NEED it badly, we are in way worse shape then Disc Priests and our toolkit is way more flawed right now.

We still have alot of mana problems, and the Reju reduction alone will not solve it.
Either improve our toolkit, or the druid overall QoL problems, or we will never be comparable to healers like Paladins.

Like i posted in the past, the -9% reduction to rejuvenation would make wonders if coupled with a change to mushroom, but a usable one not an OP/UP depending on situation, and with a change to make clearcasting stacking to 2 or 3. ( Sure the baseline 10% more healing is great, i know that, but the mana problems still stands... )

Right now they are giving us a change to WM:B that will be completly overpowered in a stacked fight were the group stay stacked at the same spot for longer then 40sec, and useless on the rest.

This is the worst possible outcome, because it will make us OP on certain possible boss mechanics, and completely weak on the rest. People will bring us to those bosses, and force boomkin on druids for the rest!

I noticed that Monks and Paladins were dominating the healing charts on PTR, but that was only Raid Finder, so i still dont know about real raids, but i believe we will stay weaker if nothing is done.

I`d like to remember that blizzzard is changing Mastery and Critical for Disc, because they would pick one and scrap the other on previous designs, but Druids do the same to haste, its a completely worthless stats for us outside of specific caps, but the 3043 cap (with raid buffs) is the only one that worths it right now, because the amount of haste to reach the next cap is so big that this amount invested in mastery, or even crit makes more HPS.

So if you are trying to balance stats, plz do something about our crits and haste, right now mastery is the only descent secondary for druids... besides HUGES, and i really mean HUGES amounts of Spirit.

There is no "you can use a piece without spirit..." for druids, we gem full Spirit, and yet we fail to stand toe to toe in mana management against healers that are gemming throughput stats.

And no... clearcasting without stacks are not good mana management tool, because most of real damage nowdays is AOE, gaining single target, low HP/M spell for free is not really that great...
Its good, we use it alot, but far from making have a balanced mana management toolkit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/14/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Eclipsé
They languised as borderline non-viable for an entire tier

lulz

Good resto druids are still good. They're getting a small buff and mushrooms have some potential. They really need to get rid of having to stack them though. Three gcd set up is a bit overboard. Maybe there is some reason that you would place one in three different locations but it would seem that stacking three together for the burst is a better way to go.
Edited by Sadiemay on 2/15/2013 5:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Making WG carry a higher top end could be a better solution. Still heals for the same, just carries more weight in the beginning than it currently does.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It is also worth noting that resto druid has the worst raid CD among all healers, if anything.

We used to be unique brez, and guess what, lets give every class that.
We used to have strong tranq, nerf to 5 targets, who the !@#$ want to channel it when a shaman can just drop a healingtide totem and do better?
Give us a %^-*ty symb for compansation? Good job.

"We dont want you to blanket rej on every target." conflicts directly to the 5.2 buffs.
Hots class is going nowhere to compete absort/direct heal class.

It is clear that in the blizzard developer grp, there is none knows resto druid class anymore, however ghostcrowler pretends to know it, LOL.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
oh lets talk about innervate, used to be cool, now every class has similar stuffs, how about give us mindbender? 100 times better

TY
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]