Resto druid pve continue

90 Troll Druid
how bout buff innervate so its more than a little %%@**#*!% squirt of mana back.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
- Deleted -
Edited by Chunyol on 2/27/2013 4:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/27/2013 02:48 AMPosted by Chunyol
P.S. - Our stat weights are fine. You're silly for thinking otherwise. ;P Stop gemming for spirit kids! STOP IT

Gemming for spirit is perfectly acceptable, especially if you're not geared very well.

I've chosen to either go the full spirit or Int/Mastery gemming route and stay at the 3023 haste breakpoint and then stack mastery, because it works best within my raid group. You have chosen to stack haste with little spirit/mastery. If that works for you, awesome. Different strokes for different folks.

What I'm getting it is that there is no right or wrong here, rather there is an optimal way of doing things for a particular raid group. Mathematically-wise, in that mysterious raiding vacuum, my setup is far more optimal than yours.

As far as mana goes, I find I'm perfectly comfortable at my current gear level.
Edited by Sherbear on 2/27/2013 3:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
- Deleted -
Edited by Chunyol on 2/27/2013 4:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
*facepalm* But but! D: No. You don't need that much spirit! Gosh, even you have way more spirit than I would know what to do with...

As Sherbear mentioned, secondary stat requirements will vary with the content you are doing, and the people you are healing with. Sure, for something like Spirit Kings, a druid hardly needs any Spirit at all, especially if your co-healer is a paladin. For Elegon, which we only two-heal, you will need more Spirit, as you will be solely responsible for keeping up 5 people during some fairly decent damage, and cannot simply sit back and cast Nourish on a Lifebloomed tank. You will be required to cast a lot of Rejuve and Regrowth, just to keep people alive while they focus on their responsibilities.

We haven't tried any of the fights this tier on Heroic, but I can only imagine the healing load in those. I would expect that top healers are in fact reforging, regemming, and re-spec'ing for different stat weights on certain fights during progression.

Saying, "You don't need that much spirit!" doesn't take into account the raid comp and difficulty-level of the druid in question, and can be highly misleading.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/27/2013 04:19 AMPosted by Chunyol
*facepalm* But but! D: No. You don't need that much spirit! Gosh, even you have way more spirit than I would know what to do with. To put it in perspective, you have more spirit on your Druid than I do on my Paladin, who is the same item level as you. Whoah! I don't have issues on my Paladin either, but if I had that much spirit on my Druid? I'd have to Rejuvenation all the time (wasteful) and Regrowth constantly (dear God, wasteful) to use it all, and still be sitting pretty.

Of course I could probably drop more spirit but I'd have to test the waters, so to speak, to see how much I can live without. As someone else pointed out, how much spirit you need is highly dependent on your comp and the type of content you're doing.

At this point in time, our raid group only has two full time healers; myself and a resto shammy. We've been 2 healing most, if not all, of the encounters on 10N, if we can get away with it. Having a good chunk of spirit is very helpful in this regard.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

"We dont want you to blanket rej on every target." conflicts directly to the 5.2 buffs.

Yeah, it's funny. They didn't want us to blanket rejuv in Cata either, but over the past several years they haven't been able to think of any sort of other mechanic that could make us competitive. Possibly because they haven't actually changed us in any worthwhile way. Healing shrooms? Great idea! Oh they're extremely awkward and weak, like casting a nourish on the raid. I can't believe someone tested Mushrooms in that state and thought "this is a good mechanic, people will want to use it, and people will find it worth using."

Make shrooms function less awkwardly and balance the mana/healing as needed. Put down a shroom, it pulses healing to anyone around it kinda like a weaker healing rain. Hit Bloom and it'll do a big pulse, maybe putting a HoT (or heck, an absorb!) on everyone in range, without consuming the mushroom. Make shrooms somewhat costly to use so we don't just spam them, give Bloom a 30-60 second cooldown or something so it can act as our own mini-cooldown comparable to Spirit Shell.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/14/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Sugarhots
This past 5.1 experience just showed how clueless blizzard is about the end game healing.

The MoP healing paradigm is the most skill-dependent, dynamic and interesting setup for healers ever. Healing has literally never been better, for any class and for healers as a whole. You may have been stronger, relatively, but that doesn't mean "better".

Posting "this just showed how clueless Blizzard is" is just sour grapes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC

So if you are trying to balance stats, plz do something about our crits and haste, right now mastery is the only descent secondary for druids... besides HUGES, and i really mean HUGES amounts of Spirit.

There is no "you can use a piece without spirit..." for druids, we gem full Spirit, and yet we fail to stand toe to toe in mana management against healers that are gemming throughput stats.

And no... clearcasting without stacks are not good mana management tool, because most of real damage nowdays is AOE, gaining single target, low HP/M spell for free is not really that great...
Its good, we use it alot, but far from making have a balanced mana management toolkit.

Okay, I've read post after post after post after post a bout Druids and mana management. If you are gemming for full spirit? You're doing it WRONG. Period! I have one of each healing class, except a Monk, at 90, and the Druid is by far the most mana efficient. I have been so confused, and just chocked it up to new players, or perhaps people who've been gone for a while (going out on a limb), but wow! Druids are in NO way, shape OR form difficult to manage their mana with. Good grief!

I bear no ill will towards anyone, and don't think anyone (including the poster I quoted) are lesser or ignorant, because you're not! Not at all. But good grief, guys. You need to really learn your spells and learn to play your spec optimally. On an average fight, I'm never, ever ever below 75% mana. On fights like Garalon? Yes, I'll dip to maybe 40% at times. Oh! That brings me to the next thing I've read people whining about. Innervate.

Innervate is NOT crappy! Absolutely not! How is 20% mana over a few seconds a bad thing? Paladins (my main for years) have a %50 reduction to their healing during their mana cooldown, unless they glyph for Divine Plea (which they should). Priests Hymn of Hope is worthless. Dear God. Worthless. Mana Tide Totem? Yeah, not bad. But Innervate is by far the most potent. OH GOD.

Kay - to all of you saying Nourish is worthless? Oh boy. Again, learn to play your specs, guys! I use Nourish ALL the time. Am I number one on the healing charts? 10 man? Yessir. LFR? About 80% of the time. Am I going OOM in LFR or 10 man? Absolutely not. Nourish is not worthless, in any way. It is obnoxiously cheap, and heals for plenty. People have forgotten about triage. Triage healing is essential if you want to maintain your mana, and none of you are doing it. Clearly. Do not Rejuvenation blanket. It's wasting your mana.

I know I sound all upset and what not, but I'm just dumbfounded by all these posts. I'm not the best player in the world. I'm not even in a top progession raid group. But you know what? People don't die on my watch. And I out-heal the Discipline Priest in my raid's setup. Do we two-heal it? Yes we do. I used to raid with my Paladin for them, and have since switched to the Druid since he doesn't need the gear any more, but they are still struggling to progress with DPS. Anyway, no more whining guys! Learn to play your spec more efficiently.

You're not failures, nobody's ignorant or anything like that. No mean stuff, just wake up and smell the roses. Don't blame Blizzard for your class' poor performance until you're sure you are doing everything within your OWN power to play your class to the fullest. And well, clearly there are plenty who are not doing so.

Druids rock. Come 5.2? They'll rock even harder. That is all. Also - to anyone having taken the time to read all this... I love you, and you are a patient person and deserve a frickin' cookie. Sadly, you are not here, so I cannot give you one. :< So, digital love will have to do. Thanks again all of you, and sorry for the rant. Whew!

P.S. - Our stat weights are fine. You're silly for thinking otherwise. ;P Stop gemming for spirit kids! STOP IT.

... Dear god.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

... Dear god.

C'mon man, he's healed part of one normal-difficulty raid on that druid. He knows what he's doing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/27/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Mahourai
This past 5.1 experience just showed how clueless blizzard is about the end game healing.

The MoP healing paradigm is the most skill-dependent, dynamic and interesting setup for healers ever. Healing has literally never been better, for any class and for healers as a whole. You may have been stronger, relatively, but that doesn't mean "better".

I am talking about end game healing, do what you want in LFR, HF
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/27/2013 04:18 PMPosted by Sugarhots

So am I, smart aleck. What point did you imagine you were making with this?
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Mage
02/27/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Mooniverse
Possibly because they haven't actually changed us in any worthwhile way

Bingo.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Mage
02/27/2013 04:18 PMPosted by Sugarhots

Don't feed Mahourai. He is trolling druid threads hard...I think he has some personal issues with them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/27/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Rèquiem
Don't feed Mahourai. He is trolling druid threads hard...I think he has some personal issues with them.

Leveling alt posting threads lying about blue posts = sincere poster.

Guy who calls you on it = troll.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Mage
Leveling alt posting threads lying about blue posts = sincere poster.Guy who calls you on it = troll.

Posting lying threads...what?

I said that GC aknowledged that druids were behind. He did. You then posted a one word 'first!' style response...ie: Troll.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/27/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Rèquiem
I said that GC aknowledged that druids were behind. He did.

Oh, well I guess as long as you say so.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Mage
Oh, well I guess as long as you say so.

As I said in the other thread, I'm not going to hunt for quotes because the inevitable troll response will be 'lololol wasted ur time be trolled nub'.

It's around there, and I'm sure someone else could provide it. They wouldn't be trying to buff druids if they thought they were okay.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/27/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Rèquiem
As I said in the other thread, I'm not going to hunt for quotes

Then don't cite them. Appealing to what Ghostcrawler thinks about your spec is just an argument from authority anyway, and one you're happy to abandon the minute he says something undesirable.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Mage
02/27/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Mahourai
As I said in the other thread, I'm not going to hunt for quotes

Then don't cite them. Appealing to what Ghostcrawler thinks about your spec is just an argument from authority anyway, and one you're happy to abandon the minute he says something undesirable.

This is not a university paper. It's an internet forum. The quote was made, other people on these forums have referred to it.

Also - if you aren't going to trust Ghostcrawler (who says druids are behind), aren't going to trust raidbots (which shows druids behind), aren't going to rely on top guilds (who barely bring druids to H25s) ...then who are you going to rely on?

Do you have anything worthwhile to say on this issue or are you just looking to argue?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]