Gearing for feral and guardian

100 Night Elf Druid
Due to some personnel shifts in my guild, I've been informed that there's a good chance I'll be moved to our second tank in 5.2. I have a grasp of the basics of Guardian from soloing content, but I'm a bit lost with regard to gearing.

Yes, I know, the sticky, and I've been studying it, but I'm at a loss for one particular point: since I'm going to be Feral and Guardian, which stat priorities should I focus on? In single-tank encounters, I'll be in Feral spec.

I'm currently operating under the assumption that my tier tokens will be going towards Guardian, but with regard to shared items, should I reforge with a tank focus, or with a DPS focus?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I do the same thing and gem for agility, wep enchant dancing steel (windsong is actually better for bear), and reforge for crit/hit/soft exp cap.

With hotw and sotf for cat dps all the secondary stats are pretty much the same so you really don't loss any dps reforging for crit.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I do the same thing and gem for agility, wep enchant dancing steel (windsong is actually better for bear), and reforge for crit/hit/soft exp cap.

With hotw and sotf for cat dps all the secondary stats are pretty much the same so you really don't loss any dps reforging for crit.

So you don't worry about Dodge at all as a dual-role? That makes sense from a DPS standpoint, but does that make survivability an issue?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's probably better to get 2 different sets for each spec imo. That way you can have an optimal reforge for cat AND for bear :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
So you don't worry about Dodge at all as a dual-role? That makes sense from a DPS standpoint, but does that make survivability an issue?

Dodge? whats that? (Savage Defense makes up for that all too well)

I am actually in the same situation you are in... what i did was...
Gem agility,
Hit 7.5% exp 15% (who cares if you dont need that for kitty... you can mangle spam infront the boss and not worry about parry :p)
reforged for crit. (double combo points in kitty, makes keeping up bleeds and savage roar a piece of cake.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You should never reforge for dodge. That went out with Cataclysm. THere reason not to reforge for dodge is that they changed the way dodge works. You no longer get dodge benefits for Agility and such. The one or two percentage points you would get in the reforge is nothing compared to the 45% you get off of the Savage Defense ability.

Crit on the other hand, will increase your rage. More rage means more up time on Savage Defense. This gives you more control over your incoming damage. I am trying to figure out trinkets. My team is still clearing normal content so I believe that my agility trinkets will be fine and I do not need tanking stamina trinkets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]