MAJOR PROBLEM with my disc priest, plz help

90 Blood Elf Rogue
My heals are atrocious. They blow.
I have no idea what the problem is, my heals have always been awesome, but as soon as I got to pandaira, it went from awesome to completely sucking.

My disc priest is level 86, full pandaira gear, mostly greens, but full pandaria.
My heals don't even touch other players' life, what I have always liked doing the most on this character is disc healing in pvp, and it's always been very fun- until now. now it's just some kind of sick game.
My greater heals healing people my level for 10% life, flash heals only healing as much as a renew tick, ~3-5% life.
Sometimes I'll get lucky and if the person doesn't have a massive health pool, flash heal will heal above 15%. Greater heal crits will heal about 1/3 of their lfie.

NO ONE seems to know what I'm talking about. I've asked guild members, people in battlegrounds, no one seems to be having the same problem as I. And no, it's not skill. no amount of skill can make a heal, heal for more.
If i see another player down to say 10% life, I'll have to spam greater heal 5+ times just to bring it up to green.

People in battlegrounds were saying disc priests are not healers, they're just supposed to go around bubbling people. My shield absorbs about 44k, which is two flash heals, which is MAYBE 15-20% life absolute tops, and if I just bubble people one after another, I go oom in about 30 seconds. Not to mention spamming flash heals just to bring one person or my own life up, will oom me really fast. If i'm getting attacked there's not a whole lot I can do, my heals heal me more than other people because my life isn't near as high, but they still blow. Greater heal crit will heal me maybe 40%

What is wrong guys...? I've always loved my priest, loved loved loved. Disc heals in pvp has always been so much fun...but recently, getting to pandaria...I'm having the opposite of fun, it's like some sick joke. I'm starting to resent my priest. I feel completely useless in pvp. I know the 85-89 bracket in bgs needs healers desperately, and I would be more than happy to be a part of that- but I'm useless, I can't heal for !@#$.
I've always felt important in bgs on my disc priest healing. On my rogue in pvp I feel like I have no control over the outcome- since I'm just another dps. But good heals can win battlegrounds, and its helped me win all the way until pandaria.
Not to mention battlegrounds in the 85-89 bracket are extremely unfair and unbalanced, horde loses nearly every single one of them. I have never won isle of conquest since I got this expansion, and I mean NEVER. all the others are pretty much the same, horde loses over and over and over and over again. I had this problem on my rogue in this bracket, but leveling my priest I kept telling myself I can turn things around because I've always been a competent and good healer, but boy was I wrong..If anything I'm hurting our chances. A healer hurting the group? who would have thought..I'm so frustrated right now. =(

My heals would have to more than double for me to say there isn't a problem.

People say disc priest are op? don't make me laugh, that's BS.
Edited by Narinith on 2/15/2013 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Not that I know anything about pvp (or even much about disc), but:

BGs have a 30% healing nerf, I think. Like, all of your heals are 30% worse.

Also, could you post on your healer? Maybe someone who knows more than I could point out some issue.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Here's my healer btw. I should have posted on her
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Your healer looks fine. You're running up against 3 problems:

1) There's a large flat nerf to healing in BGs at MoP levels. Poster above says 30%. I thought it was 50. In any case, your heals in PvP are much weaker than outside.

2) You don't have any gear with PvP power yet. This is the stat that partly counteracts the nerf, but you can't wear the new gear at 85 where the nerf takes effect.

3) You're at the bottom of the final level bracket, where most of the scaling happens. You're playing with people who have way more health than you're designed to heal.

It will get better. I'm not going to guarantee that you'll like it at 90 (I personally think MoP PvP healing is awful, and it's generally agreed that disc is one of the weaker specs) but it won't be as terrible as it is now.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
@OP you also have to realize that in the 85-90 bracket there's people with a LOT of gear running around. A lot of people have 450+ gear that you don't have so you're at a big disadvantage.

And TBH once you initially hit 90 you'll see similar problems, but...BUT...5.2 releases in less than a month so you'll be able to grab full malev right away and you won't be that far behind.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I recently leveled my priest and was doing A LOT of battlegrounds, it got much easier once you hit about 88 especially once you get some more dungeon gear.

89 is also lots of fun in that bracket. Don't give up on your priest yet! Level a little more through dungeons and questing and then try again.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Did you just say level through questing, Vero?

Lol. :)

Riôt
Edited by Riôt on 2/15/2013 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Did you just say level through questing, Vero?

Lol. :)

Riôt

Hush, you :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]