Kindly rework Shadow.

90 Blood Elf Priest
I know you gave us a minor reworking with the Shadow Orb system, but really, I feel like a gimped Warlock. My drain is a useless filler spell, my raid wide healing thing is now a 15 second buff that still does nothing useful, my procs are all over the place with no rhyme or reason, my dots make no sense.

I am not a warlock. Devouring Plague makes no sense to use as a priest - at least rename it to "Shredded Sanity" or something like that. Shadow Priests focus on the mind, on fears and controlling others through their thoughts, through making their opponents doubt themselves. It would be nice if our abilities actually reflected that, instead of two dots and a drain and some wonky ability you should never touch except when it procs. We're all over the place - our rotation makes no sense, aside from the whole Spam Mind Blast, Gain Orbs angle. You could make us more of a caster instead of a dotter, along the lines of Mages rather than Warlocks.

I'm sure we're fine in PVP - everyone is fine in PVP, to some degree, but in PVE I find myself neglecting this guy and it depresses me because it's such a cool idea to be a Shadow Priest, but there's nothing really interesting about playing one.
Edited by Alunos on 2/15/2013 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Race change to Forsaken. Then Devouring Plague will make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/15/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Alunos
My drain is a useless filler spell

By drain I assume you mean Mind Flay (which has never been a 'drain'), which really hasn't changed at all since Wrath released, except that it also procs our Mastery now allowing it to "double proc ticks of damage".

My raid wide healing thing is now a 15 second buff that still does nothing useful

Based on what evidence are you making that claim? Well timed VEs have been a vital additoin to keeping raids alive when they are used on high damage phases of fights like "Rain of Blades" on Wind Lord.

My procs are all over the place with no rhyme or reason

That's how procs work, kind of like crit except you have more control over when (and where) the extra damage is delivered. Incidentally, you do have other talent options which vary in effectiveness from equal to superior (Mindbender on Single Target fights, Twist of Fate on multiple low health add fights).

My dots make no sense. I am not a warlock. Devouring Plague makes no sense to use as a priest - at least rename it to "Shredded Sanity" or something like that.

Actually, Devouring Plague is a legacy of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow, the reviver's of the priestly study of shadow magic in the world of Azeroth. You are complaining four years too late about changes that were made upon the release of Wrath where spells that used to be race specific for priests were either removed completely or reworked as priestwide. Devouring Plague was the Foresaken Priest Racial and since it was they who discovered the writings of bishop Natalie Seline that started the Cult of Forgotten Shadow it is reasonable to assume that during the temporary truce between the Alliance and the Horde forged to bring down the Lich King the Cult which had become divided into separate factional pockets convened together and knowledge that was once unique was shared with others in order to strengthen the cult as a whole. I don't see you complaining about Fear Ward or Hymn of Hope or Desperate Prayer or Holy Word: Chastise.

02/15/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Alunos
I'm sure we're fine in PVP - everyone is fine in PVP, to some degree, but in PVE I find myself neglecting this guy and it depresses me because it's such a cool idea to be a Shadow Priest, but there's nothing really interesting about playing one.

It's true that Shadow does feel like it's missing something in PvE having lost it's ramping damage mechanics but the tradeoff for that is that you can burst like crazy at the beginning and pre-potting doesn't feel wasted. On fights were you lust at the beginning it's so nice to see your numbers shoot up instead of gradually climbing the metres over the course of the fight.

Honestly, I think the solution to making Shadow feel more like a DoT class would be to give us a new DoT to cast and maintain throughout a fight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]