http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpccpglnNf0

2:01
90 Blood Elf Warrior
02/22/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Martana

wtf did i just watch
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
I like how game companies can't seem to keep sequels on target with their predecessors. Darksiders 2 feels more like a third-person, limited-world, single-character, puzzle-based RPG; whereas the first one was a God of War-esque hack'n'slash adventure fiesta of wanton destruction.

Who knows what the next one will be if it comes out, being as the IP know belongs to someone else.

We're due for a new Legacy of Kain game soon, I wonder how unnecessarily bad it will be.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
I like how game companies can't seem to keep sequels on target with their predecessors. Darksiders 2 feels more like a third-person, limited-world, single-character, puzzle-based RPG; whereas the first one was a God of War-esque hack'n'slash adventure fiesta of wanton destruction.

But the second was better in nearly every way. The gear thing was unnecessary, but the combat and puzzles were superior. The first may have had slightly more consistently excellent atmosphere, though.
100 Draenei Paladin
2:01

Rofl.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myWf3-KQNaA
100 Human Paladin
i think it's the combination of the sounds and the faces that goats make when they are yelling that makes it so funny. either way it's a video that i will always laugh at.
100 Draenei Paladin
Trying to play old NES games with computer keyboard controls is hard. <_<

Dragon Spirit, Life Force, nostalgia goggles overflowing.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I got a gaming controller for my PC just for emulators. Crystalis was a lot more fun 18 years ago :o
100 Human Paladin
yeah, try playing gradius 3 or super ghouls and ghosts, or any mega man game, and wonder how your younger self endured such digital torture. it's mind-boggling what younger me was capable of playing with facility and skill.

the funny thing is while i'm pretty crap at a lot of those old games now, i can outright thrash any mario-based game, even to this day. cart, smb, rpg, paint, i can flatten anything.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If you want to see just how patient you are, try the TMNT game... no, not the arcade version. The OTHER one. Ugh.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/22/2013 10:22 PMPosted by Vlada
I got a gaming controller for my PC just for emulators.

I've just been playing flash versions of the old games, cause bored. You really can't pull off some of the crap you need to do with arrow keys and Z/X.

02/22/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Martana
or any mega man game

I remember hating Mega Man 2 when I was a kid, although my Father loved it. Don't think I ever beat it or touched Mega Man again after that until Mega Man X.

02/22/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Martana
and wonder how your younger self endured such digital torture.

Ironically I had a lot more patience when I was a kid for stuff like that, I would just sit there and keep pounding away at a game until I finally got it.

02/22/2013 10:45 PMPosted by Vlada
try the TMNT game

TMNT 2 was one of my first games ever for the NES.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/22/2013 10:51 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I think Bionic Commando is still one of the best games made for the NES. And the reboot they did for the consoles a few years ago, freaking EPIC. The second one came out a year or so later. Being able to jump, kind of ruined it for me :x
100 Draenei Paladin
Okay Libram I know it's the weekend but seriously, I am disappoint.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Darksiders 2
But the second was better in nearly every way. The gear thing was unnecessary, but the combat and puzzles were superior. The first may have had slightly more consistently excellent atmosphere, though.

Yeah, I haven't gotten very far in, yet, but the combat does seem a bit more polished; "wall mobility" seems a touch twitchier this time through, but more interesting and involved.

02/22/2013 10:45 PMPosted by Vlada
the TMNT game... no, not the arcade version. The OTHER one. Ugh.

I think I still have that one on three-and-a-quarter floppy somewhere.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 2/23/2013 9:40 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/23/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
Yeah, I haven't gotten very far in, yet, but the combat does seem a bit more polished; "wall mobility" seems a touch twitchier this time through, but more interesting and involved.

I look at them as different games. War was all about brute force, Death is more about finesse. Whether that's true or not, it helps me ignore some of the differences. I haven't finished Darksiders 2 yet, and I've had the game since it released. Not a bad game, but I tend to lose interest when the game is prone to crashes and freezing. Even more annoying when you are in the arena trying to do the 100 waves >(

And if there's a 3, that leaves Fury and Strife... which seem to be the two least interesting Horsemen. But who knows? And there may not even be a 3. The first 10m of Darksiders is still one of my favorite moments in gaming. Eh, although it may also be that I'm a fan of the apocalypse.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/23/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Cadenbrie

I've been finding Absolutely Everything really uninteresting the last couple of days, between that and looking for another car my forum/game time has been pretty low.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Debating if I should spend 85 bucks on a logitech g930. Need a new pair of headset but it's pretty pricey even with the discount though it's wireless.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/23/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Cadenbrie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch2tZJu7VF0

That is all.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]