100 Draenei Paladin
02/17/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Keeri
Like calmer, less zealous

Who're you calling zealous?

*Sees some undead warlocks.*

SMITE THEM! IN THE NAME OF THE LIGHT!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/17/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Lobster
As if I didn't have enough reasons to hate this tier...

My guild had a boatload of people quit, too, and it really hamstrung our progress right off the bat.

Not that we would have progressed nearly as far as you anyway, but if we'd had the same people around we did in t12, we would have likely been working on several heroic fights by now.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My raid group just died completely. Our raid leader and his friend server transferred two hours after the raid ended tonight (of which I couldn't tank because I had prior engagements today).

I don't know if I'm going to do anymore raiding this, or next tier. I'm really sad, too, I transferred to this server for that very reason, and rolled professions on alts thinking I could set up a new base of operations here. Our server really is a dead wasteland right now.

Sigh. /morosedrinking
100 Draenei Paladin
My guild decided to use tonight to go farm some HoF for some upgrades in the hopes of making up for some stupid on Sha.

Payed off as we got a few minor armor upgrades all around and then a four piece for one of our DPS.

I got mah boots, I have so much hit, too much hit.

It took us a little over an hour of wiping to kill Garalon again and when we did it was with 15 seconds left on the enrage. If that's not depressing I don't know what is.

02/17/2013 11:10 PMPosted by Jackishi
Sigh. /morosedrinking

I sorry. :(

That is pretty terrible.

/comfort
92 Draenei Monk
We lost 4 people in the space of about 3 weeks, luckily have been able to replace 2 of them but still need a healer (prefer Priest) and ranged (Warlock) - plus we might need to find another healer for 5.2.

This tier has been pretty crap tbh and if 5.2 doesn't pick up I think I might be going casual again - this time for good. I'm just exhausted, staying up late to raid AU hours is really hard on me. Will see how I go though.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I sorry. :(

That is pretty terrible.

/comfort

That sucks, man. Sorry to hear it.

Thanks y'all.

02/18/2013 12:44 AMPosted by Lobster
Save some for me lol. :/

There's plenty to share, a stingy Blood Elf, I am not (I am also chock full of rum at this point, so it may be a good time to do more sharing than receiving, if you get my drift. /hic)

02/18/2013 12:44 AMPosted by Lobster
Seems like a lot of guilds are barely hanging on these days.

I've noticed it, and it makes me wonder what it is about this tier that's gobbling up guilds in the dark. A lot of my friends and fellow raiders quit through various points of Wrath and Cata because of disgust with how Normal raids were perceived as too easy while Heroics were the "real" raids and getting stonewalled on that content...and then getting disgusted when the nerfs for those raids rolled in later in the tier.

Call me naive, but I actually expected some revitalization in raiding now that Blizzard seemed to have hit that sweet spot where Normal modes were actually both difficult and required a certain degree of skill, but rewarding in terms of both loot and accomplishment. Normal mode loot IS good, and anyone who's done Elegon and Will knows how much joy there is in getting those fights down and really nailing em, and this was the sentiment a lot of my raiders expressed wanting to really raid for...

...And then we get stonewalled randomly in HoF, with people just losing interest in and out without even any real attempts on Garalon. I honestly don't know at this point what it is. The problem doesn't seem like it stems from Blizzard, except for their piss-poor population control of low-pop servers (say that five times fast). I'd like to blame it on bad luck, and maybe the age of the game, but I kinda want to shine a light, too, on how people just don't know what the %!%@ they want out of the game when it comes to raids.

02/18/2013 12:51 AMPosted by Pandani
We lost 4 people in the space of about 3 weeks, luckily have been able to replace 2 of them but still need a healer (prefer Priest) and ranged (Warlock) - plus we might need to find another healer for 5.2.

Ugh, sorry to hear that, too.

/passes around rum bottles
Edited by Jackishi on 2/18/2013 1:50 AM PST
92 Draenei Monk
We punched Garalon right in his bug nuts .. and got the kill when we all died to massive crush at the end. Yay us!

So 2 new bosses this week, 4 kings (first night of attempts) and Garalon finally (after a few weeks of attempts).
100 Draenei Paladin
Finally caught our 25 man up to where we got on 10 man last week. Now to slam our heads against Sha all week with an extended lockout :D
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/17/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Keeri
Like calmer, less zealous Ret Paladins.

so with the good parts taken out?

so many guilds dying left and right, so many people quitting. this is so depressing. i thought this tier actually had a lot of really enjoyable fights, especially after the snorefest of DS. why are you people quitting?!
Edited by Vladja on 2/18/2013 8:02 AM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
This tier has fantastic mechanics (Sha of Tedium aside). It's just really grueling to keep up, and with all the crap that you're required to do outside of raids, I can see many guilds having issues :-/
100 Human Paladin
Morning Pally Crew

Our guild has also slowly been losing people to attrition/burnout

Luckily we've been able to keep recruiting to keep the roster to acceptable levels

Times are tough.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
its likely a combination of several factors, first i think the tier is just too big, its really disheartening to think that, yea we got that boss down, but theres 9 more to go, and its unlikely that ill ever see the full tier before the patch comes, second i just think that for your average normal mode raider HoF is just a bit much, if that makes me a dirty casual, then so be it, i just cant be asked to devote hours upon hours of time, doing absolutely everything i can to play perfect every time, if most of the population just cant handle a lot of these fights its starting to get to a point where im just going to do lfr, and pvp the rest of my time

if theres no chance of success, im probably going to stop trying eventually
100 Human Paladin
I think its mostly that a lot of the fights this teir, havent been terribly interesting.
Edited by Paladinchaz on 2/18/2013 9:06 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
im not sure i agree with that, most of the fights in my opinion had some cool mechanics, i think this is the best tier yet mechanically speaking

im just not sure that your average raider has the ability to follow those mechanics on top of the healing and damage requirements

at least in my experience they dont
100 Draenei Paladin
02/18/2013 05:54 AMPosted by Snozberries
Now to slam our heads against Sha all week with an extended lockout :D

That's what we'll be doing all week starting tonight and as many other nights we can force people to be here until it's dead.

It's do or die time and I really don't want to go through another disappointment like Rag.

/prays to the Light that we down Sha this week

02/18/2013 01:49 AMPosted by Jackishi
anyone who's done Elegon and Will knows how much joy there is in getting those fights down

There was a recent blue post thing on MMO where they were talking about increasing enrage timers, or hell maybe they intend to just remove them, on normal mode encounters because they feel that heroic modes need them to be tight but normal mode not so much.

I don't like that line of reasoning at all. My guild will never be a heroic raiding guild, don't take away what small bit of ingame accomplishment I can glean from Normal Raiding by dumbing it down.

02/18/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Tailias
t's just really grueling to keep up, and with all the crap that you're required to do outside of raids

This is the big culprit, for starters this Tier is so huge. Add to that the stupidity of gating and the start of expansion level up process and it has been a real slog to try and keep up with Blizzards timetable.

So few people relative to past Tiers have cleared this one and here the new one is about to go out.

Then there's the grind in Mists, oh the grind. It's like Blizzard realized in Cata that their playerbase was aging and had less time to play but now in Mists they're so terrified of Cata that they threw everything about it out the window including the good bits.

Mists is burning people out at a higher rate then I've ever seen since I started playing. My guild is barely holding a raid team together.
100 Human Paladin
Then there's the grind in Mists, oh the grind. It's like Blizzard realized in Cata that their playerbase was aging and had less time to play but now in Mists they're so terrified of Cata that they threw everything about it out the window including the good bits.

Mists is burning people out at a higher rate then I've ever seen since I started playing. My guild is barely holding a raid team together

All the people complaining for BC/Vanilla back, forgot how much the grind sucked.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]