Open Libram LXVIII: Glory Majesty Unity

29 Draenei Monk
Who're you calling zealous?

*Sees some undead warlocks.*

SMITE THEM! IN THE NAME OF THE LIGHT!

Calm down, here have some brew because apparently I carry a bottle around with me everywhere on my staff.

Pandaren will finish what the Dwarves started, turning the entire world into alcoholics.

02/18/2013 08:00 AMPosted by Vladja
so with the good parts taken out?

There's more to a Ret Paladin then zealous, righteous anger.

There's hair and shiny armor.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/18/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Keeri
There's hair and shiny armor.

Isn't that true with every Paladin?

Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it was especially true for Ret Paladins.
100 Draenei Paladin
My armor: super shiny
100 Human Paladin
And I don't like HoF at all. Part of it is because the zone wasn't what I expected (still bummed about the lack of paragons and storyline), but the fights were also very gimmicky. Garalon is just stupid. I swear the guy who made Rhyolith did Garalon too. Some of the other fights were interesting but would I call them fun? Not especially, but I'll still remember them for different reasons.... just like I remember heroic Spine... /twitch

Its all that 'magic' physical damage i tell you, that our armor or cooldowns dont mitigate.

Thats what bugs me about that raid.
100 Blood Elf Paladin

i see what you did there
92 Draenei Monk
02/18/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Iliriel

i see what you did there

I was thinking the exact same thing. :)
90 Pandaren Monk
are we posting on our monks now? i mean, i'm probably playing my monk more than my pally these days, what with my various raid woes. also, my monk is better geared because i have no luck getting lfr gear drops. ho hum. i might also raid with my monk next patch for my guild, since our monk healer decided he didn't like playing one - now we have three priests, which means none of them are getting gear upgrades in a timely manner until the former monk goes paladin. ;p

anyway, it sucks that everyone's guilds are crumbling, but i suppose at this stage of the game's life it's probably unavoidable. i don't think the fights are uninteresting so much as they are frustrating for dps, who have to rely largely on tanks and healers doing the right things, and after three hours of dying to the same boss you're expected to dps optimally every time. also, the fights have a lot of movement and positioning in them, and for healers and casters who might have gotten used to stand and deliver fights or fights where the primary healing challenge was keeping up (as in previous tiers), this expac's healing model of both healing well and moving a lot might be really messing with people.

if it doesn't turn around, we might have to start raiding with each other on alts or something through the open raid thing! ;p
Edited by Flolin on 2/18/2013 11:53 AM PST
100 Human Paladin
If this is turning into the Open...Scroll for Monks, I'm leaving.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/18/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
100 Draenei Paladin
I burnt myself out on dailies within the first couple weeks. GC telling me that I should be happy to do all those dailies because I'm a progression raider really rubbed me the wrong way. That, and I couldn't cap valor just by raiding so I HAD to do dailies or heroics. I really hate that setup. The whole gear upgrade thing was asinine.

It is really annoying that they've decided to heap arbitrary grind on top of progression. Although what annoyed me more was all the lfr heroes chiming in that "you have to work for it!" Yeah, thanks, 9 hours a week clearly isn't enough time put into progression.

Funny thing is, even with valor still "meaning something" with upgrades, I still have a hard time giving a crap about capping. The level of grind involved doesn't help that, either.

And I don't like HoF at all. Part of it is because the zone wasn't what I expected (still bummed about the lack of paragons and storyline), but the fights were also very gimmicky. Garalon is just stupid. I swear the guy who made Rhyolith did Garalon too. Some of the other fights were interesting but would I call them fun? Not especially, but I'll still remember them for different reasons.... just like I remember heroic Spine... /twitch

Garalon and Ambershaper both have really crap, gimmick mechanics. Bladelord tornadoes aren't much better, either.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/18/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Flolin
as they are frustrating for dps, who have to rely largely on tanks and healers doing the right things

This Tier in my opinion put an unprecedented amount of mechanical responsibility on Tanks and Healers much to my frustration.

Meat shields and hand wavers you stand there and do your thing, let the role that's actually good at executing mechanics do it. :P

02/18/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Elidra

Okay both of you shush, since when have we gotten in a tissy over people posting on their alts from time to time.
100 Draenei Paladin
By decree of the Libram, you are hearby ordered to post on your paladins.

:P
100 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Okay both of you shush, since when have we gotten in a tissy over people posting on their alts from time to time.

How is it the Open Libram, on the Paladin class forums, if you're not posting on a Paladin?

Posting on alts (unless its a paladin) and other classes is for General ;p

That defeats the purpose of us getting in this thread and socializing and being paladiny.

02/15/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
In these threads, we talk about everything Paladin.
Edited by Paladinchaz on 2/18/2013 12:28 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
By decree of the Libram, you are hearby ordered to post on your paladins.

:P

I'll post on whatever class alt I want!!!

Wait........I think I did this wrong..
Edited by Aryeana on 2/18/2013 12:27 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/18/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

If I wanted an off-topic thread with all manner of chaff, I'd be in General.
100 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Elidra
If I wanted an off-topic thread with all manner of chaff, I'd be in General.

Pretty much this
100 Blood Elf Paladin
ive been thinking on this for some time, i think what we are seeing is the very beginning of wows decline, this being in terms of developement as well as subscribers, and this is just as much the communities fault as anyones

we have pvp design which is at one of the lowest points i have seen since vanilla, and the bad part is they dont really care, i mean sure theres some glancing attempts at class balance in terms of pvp, but then you look at the issue in which rating requirements are being removed from t2 gear, at that point why should i try

and that begs the question, did they do that to increase pvp participation, or did they do that because they are no longer confident that it would be attainable by all classes going into the future

ultimately the problem lies within the pve scene, wow seems to me to be a mmo that doesnt really know what it wants to be

does it want to be a hardcore mmo like its raiding suggests? then why is there no challenge or danger whatsoever in the leveling/dungeon process

does it want to be a casual mmo? then why is there a really frustrating difficulty spike in raiding, of which nothing in the game even begins to prepare you for

it seems blizzard expects the average raider to just be able to improve exponentially with no semblance of preparation

wow has turned into a game where the leveling process is a tedious unchallenging tutorial that leaves you completely uneducated about the game, leaving you to seek out outside resources to play at a semi respectable level, blizzard designs these rotation and gearing priorities with purpose, is it really reasonable to expect players to seek outside sources for information that blizzard could actively provide itself? the paladin community is strong, but there are some classes with no updated guide of any real use

this is horribly compounded by a community that is completely merit based

this would be fine if players were given the tools they need to succeed, but they arent, most everyone needs a tutor per say

when i started, i wouldnt have thought to go to some site called elitistjerks, why would i? that doesnt sound like anything wow related, yet it was nearly required as a resource for any raider

so basically we have a situation where we have a game with a weak tutorial, a community that expects perfomance beyond which the tutorial teaches you to perform, and a company that designs encounters that line up with the communities demands

this ends up in a net loss of concurrent subs, people are going to burn out, it happens, but thats supposed to be offset by new subs, its really hard to enjoy a game when the community calls you a retard for the slightest misstep its also really hard to enjoy the end of the game when not only are you beset by the frustration of the difficulty spike, but also ridiculed at every turn by a jaded community that has been dissapointed time and time again by a company they used to love, and have little patience for teaching

it seems to me everyone is just waiting for an mmo that is even marginally better than wow, with no sub fee (because lets be honest, people just arent willing to pay them any more, wow gets away with it because its a quality product, with a history of quality content, and people generally wont risk that on new IP)

the biggest challenge is it has to capture the imagination of your average gamer, like wow ha

the minute that FTP game arrives, wow will start down the path that everquest is going down, churning expansions out left and right to eke out every last dime they can out of a dying game
100 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Iliriel
ive been thinking on this for some time, i think what we are seeing is the very beginning of wows decline, this being in terms of developement as well as subscribers, and this is just as much the communities fault as anyones

WoW's been dieing for almost 9 years, whatcha talking about? lol

In all seriousness, it had to adapt, gamers these days are a bunch of instant gratification ADD kiddies.

They want everything with the least effort possible, on as little time as they can. Not everyone know, but a substantial chunk.

And the game companies know, which is with the rise of Free to Play and Pay 2 Win, instant gratification.
Edited by Paladinchaz on 2/18/2013 1:14 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]