Brawler's Guild .... already old news?

A week or so after Brawler's guild was out, I dropped a boatload of cash on a ticket and got in. It was exciting for a while, until I hit a wall so I stopped.

After collecting a bunch of fancy gear I found myself with some free time.. "I'll head back to Brawler's Guild!" Low and behold - the place was empty as could be. No lines, no nothing.

Is this the experience others are having? Does anybody do or care about Brawler's Guild anymore? Why or why not?
Reply Quote
Hmm.. maybe it was the time of day.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I did it on my DK. Got bored with it after 2 or 3 levels.

Before I get told the fights are more fun/interesting further in...I don't care. I don't feel like going through something I find boring in order to get to something fun, when I can go to something else I find fun right now.

I'm not saying it's a bad addition to the game. It's just not for me. If you enjoy it, awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't think it is old new, I still go in at least once a fortnight to watch a couple of fights and also continue my progress and try to down Millie Watt (1st. npc in rank 5).

I see prices have dropped for those tickets though and no one talking about it in trade chat.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
we are crz'd with tichondrius so ours is always packed
Reply Quote
8 Gnome Warlock
A better topdown view of it would be nice too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I think the tickets have been selling on my server's BMAH for literally the 10 gold above starting price that is required for them to sell.

Dead as dead gets.

I regret buying my pass, it is way to boring and pointless.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Warlock
I enjoy it, spent some time in their last week with my friends watching people die to the 1-1 Croc. We had our fights and watched each other win/fail.

10-20 person Que whenever I go in. Im on Laughing Skull (so w/e battlegroup that is.)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I bought one for 6k ish and well i loved it currently rank 8 and i have the title. I don't do it as much anymore but the enjoyment i got out of it was worth the price.
Reply Quote
I have a ticket, entered once.... but I didnt feel like doing it, i just went and lvl'd an alt :3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Most people hit a wall around Rank 7/8 where their gear simply isn't good enough to kill something and they stop. Coincidentally, I found out that halfway through Rank 7 was where I stopped enjoying it and only occasionally go back to attempt a Rank 8 boss, kill myself immediately because it's always stupid RNG Manastorm, and leave.
Reply Quote
50 Undead Warlock
With no shiny at the end of the tunnel, it's bound to die eventually.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't think it is old new, I still go in at least once a fortnight to watch a couple of fights and also continue my progress and try to down Millie Watt (1st. npc in rank 5).

I see prices have dropped for those tickets though and no one talking about it in trade chat.

She's really not hard as long as you jump in the lightning as she is about to finish casting the Discombobulator.

When on the raid training dummy I am able to burst to high 60's with no potions/flasks or food buffs but inside fighting Millie Watt I am hitting the enrage timer.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I would do it more if you could go back and do other fights just for fun. Being stuck at Battletron because of gear isn't a good time.
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Druid
Am I right in seeing there are only two item rewards (one being a companion) and a title for the entire thing? That'd explain why it's dwindled down so fast.
Edited by Amputechture on 2/18/2013 12:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm glad I didn't waste tens of thousands of gold on the first few passes when it first came out, lol.

Had this feeling that its popularity was going to die awful fast.

Edit: The BG wasn't meant to be a loot bag. It was put in to test your individual skills.

Test your gear, you mean.

They should have normalized the stupid thing for i463 and made it Skill > All.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]